1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mites??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pimpgixxer04, Jul 24, 2005.

1. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

Hey guys, my dog today started to get all these bumps all over him more so in the torso area...but a couple on his legs too..but i was wondering if its mites would Chlorine kill them?? He loves to swim, so i was just curious...also how do i know if they're mites or not...

2. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

There are many different kinds of mites..but red bumps could be pretty much anything from mites to allergies to bites, etc. i would suggest take him to your vet and have a skin scraping done to see exactly what it is. Is he itchy? Scabies mites will be itchy and caution they will transfer to you and your other dogs and pets. Do a search in the threads for mites, there is a lot of great information and even some home treatments..but i would reccomend going to the vet and seeing exactly what it is first.

3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

That sounds more like a reaction to something. Did he roll around in something? Try giving some Benadryl ( 1mg/lb) and see what happens.