1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Missouri DJ Leaves Dog Home Alone with a GoPro, Heartbreaking Video Goes Viral

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Vicki, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

If you're at work, in a crowded public place or anywhere else where you don't want to spontaneously burst into tears, you definitely should not watch this video of Mike Holmes' six-year-old Goldendoodle, Guinness.

That said, the video has gone so viral in the last two weeks that if anyone side-eyes you for crying a little, you could probably just tell them, "I'm watching that dog video!" and they'd shed a tear with you.

By Lindsay Toler Wed., Dec. 31 2014 at 10:20 AM

Holmes, a radio host in Springfield on 104.7 (the Cave), strapped his friend's GoPro camera to Guinness' neck before leaving the house, expecting to return to a video of the dog playing or napping.

But that's not what happened. Instead, Guinness howls and whines in despair, stopping only to search desperately at the window.

"It just broke my heart," Holmes tells the Springfield News-Leader. "I had never heard him howl like that. I never heard him whine like that."

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J-XwrYSzw#t=95[/video]

More than 9.3 million people have watched the heartbreaking video since Holmes posted it online December 20. Now Holmes is considering getting a second dog to keep Guinness company.

"I treat him like my kid," he tells the News-Leader. "And as a human being, how do you feel when you hear that stuff? It was gut-wrenching."

Missouri DJ Leaves Dog Home Alone with a GoPro, Heartbreaking Video Goes Viral | Riverfront Times