1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Police Murder

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stedz, May 27, 2020.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well put.

I can see the analogy of the sports teams and championship celebrations that turn to property damage.

I can also see the point from above that most of the people in a community do not own the property or the businesses.

And I agree, as a white guy from the rural south I am on the outside looking in on a lot of the subjects at hand.

I think my point is that some things set people off and some things don't.

I am not from Chicago and my closest connection is my aunt and uncle lived there when he was in the Navy many years ago. Pretty much zero connection. But for whatever reason Yahoo keeps the shootings and fatalities score just about every Monday and especially after a holiday weekend.

For me the operative words are 'killing', 'fatal', and 'death'. For some the weight put on those words is dependent on who did the killing. "49 shot and 10 killed in Chicago" carries zero weight to 'Black man killed by white man'. Just as dead. Just as forever. Last night people in Chicago was protesting in the streets over what happened in Minneapolis. But nothing mentioned about the 10 killed in their neighborhoods over the weekend.

S

2. slim12

And again, no disrespect intended to anyone or any group.

"If I were" (without the insight or understanding) the parnet of a black child I think I would teach them that if a police officer tells you to stand on the side of the road doing one legged jumping jacks while whistling dixie that is exactly what they will do. Period. When they come home (ALIVE) then I can go to the police station, make a complaint follow a cop home and kick the shit out of him at his house and then take my chances in court. But after all that, my child is ALIVE, which is the opposite of DEAD. One I can work with and the other, not so much.

But again, that is from the outside looking in.

Touchy topic. Good discussion.

S

3. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

4. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I was saying indiscriminate looting and destruction of property that one lives in don't make sense to me. The only thing that hurts is other people that had nothing to do with the situation. I'm all for Moltoving the Police dept or even courthouses etc but Target?

When I wrote that post earlier I felt differently. A friend of mine posted something that made sense of it in a tiny way. I'll just quote him and the meme.

"Initially I was irritated by the rioting and looting until I read this....is it extreme?? Yes but NOT as extreme as murder in cold blood in broad daylight."

FB_IMG_1590687316525.jpg

SMD760 likes this.
  6. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Rioting and looting will not solve the problem, not at all.
    If you try to loot expect to get shot.

david63 likes this.
  7. AGK

That is totally spot on. While I can never really fully relate to those issues being white, I for the last 8 or so years have favored and dated black girls. Things I would have never noticed before, I started to notice constantly. Mild things, like the constant looks of disgust or the mean muggin, sny comments, peoples attitude towards you when you want to buy something or ask a question. We get it from both sides too.

That shit bothers me so much more than it seems to bother them and I could never understand how they could just not pay it any attention yet I would I always have a hard time letting it go. I only get a taste of it, they live their entire lives that way. I can't ever fully stand in those shoes but I do understand how pissed off it would make me, to the point now I'm going to get ignorant AF with somebody. I could only imagine the kind of rage that would build up in me over a period of a lifetime of having to deal with that bullshit.

Now that I have better thought about it throughout the day, and some other facts have come to light, fuck that place burn it to the ground. Just don't leave out the real places of corruption like the PD and other places like that. That has a much bigger impact than target or the local corner market will.

While discussions on these particular issues are very touchy, they absolutely need to be had.

I aint black but make no mistake, I'm down for the cause. You don't have to be black to see just how systematically fucked up the cards are stacked against anyone with a little color to their skin.

I find it repulsive.

Mr.Revolution and ben brockton like this.
  8. AGK

Looting no, rioting and civil unrest absolutely will force change in policies. It also let's those cops know it won't be tolerated without some kind of repercussion. These cops are public servants and the people demand justice.

They serve us, the people and when that is no longer the case, it becomes our constitutional duty to uprise and force change. With force if necessary. However, it has to be directed at the problem, not create more.

9. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Colin Kaepernick's not here for peaceful protesting in the wake of George Floyd being killed by a cop, because he says civility led to his death ... so it's time to revolt.

The former NFL star is addressing critics of the unrest this week in Minneapolis ... and he says they just don't get it, because all the rational discussions have not stopped the horrendous killings of black men, so it's time to ramp up the protests and not worry about keeping the peace.

[​IMG]
    Kaepernick says in a tweet ... "When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction."

He adds ... "The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance."

The "your" here is obviously the police, and Colin suggests it's due time to respond to the violence with violence, saying ... "We have the right to fight back!"

stedz likes this.
  10. AGK

I still want to see the other 3 officers charged as well as accessories to murder.

11. david63

david63 CH Dog

The police department says let them do their investigation. a picture is worth a thousand words this sort of thing has been going on for years the only difference is people have smartphones with cameras.

stedz, AGK and F.W.K. like this.
  12. david63

david63 CH Dog

We have a good Sheriff Department here in Richmond County Georgia they give out lollipops and ass whipping guess what they're out of lollipops guess what you're getting that right. we have a police department problem and for the record Our Sheriff Department is a Equal Opportunity it does not matter if you're white or black if you resist they going to tear your ass up. for the record our Sheriff name is Richard Roundtree and yes he is our black Sheriff.

F.W.K. likes this.
  13. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Never forget the time when I was handcuffed to the ground with a shotgun aimed at me by a strict Texas Ranger, drove 10 kilometers too fast, he clearly did not like that hippie and called for assistance, 4 cars strong, the car was totally stripped for drugs and weapons. But none of that, a $ 100 fine and that they never wanted to see me there again.

14. slim12

I hate it for the Floyd family. They have had a hell rain down on them that was not deserved nor warranted.

Like most, I doubt there will be any justice. It just does not seem to work that way.

My wife and I took in a kid from my son's 2nd grade class. Rough childhood. Mom in prison. Grandfather Stage IV cancer with a bad drinking problem. He stayed a few nights, then multiple times per week and soon he was pretty much living with us. None of his family cared until we tried to adopt him. The grandmother said in court that no black child should be raised by white people. In my statement to the court I offered her the monthly check and we would keep the kid. We lost.

But to the point of AGK when we went places there were always looks and mumbling and I am sure comments as we walked away. Once I walked in a really nice restaurant and asked for a table. I got one right up front for four. When my wife came in with my son and the black kid they told us there had been some mistake with the seating and reservations...we were moved to the back.

I asked for the Manager who happened to be the owner and when I felt like he was OK with the move I chose to hit him in the pocket. He catered our local high school events. My wife was a booster. We cut him out. Then I called him and let him know I thought he was a piece of shit.

So I have seen the same but only in small amounts and not a life time of build up.

With that I still struggle with the targets of the outrage.

S

stedz, Soze the killer and F.W.K. like this.
  15. slim12

As an 18 year old at spring break in Myrtle Beach, SC I smarted off to a policeman. He was black. Very professional. When handcuffed I was still trying to move and resist. He took out a mag light and tapped me lightly on the head.

My buddy said, "Don't stop, he is bluffing".

I said, "It is not your head he fucking bluffing with".

I had one coming and he chose not to give it to me.

I would like to think there are more of him than the ones that should not be there in the first place.

S

AmiistadLake and F.W.K. like this.
  16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Been there a few times. 10% fear 90% anger

stedz and AGK like this.
  17. AGK

Just can't win. Kneel peacefully, they destroy you. Don't resist and they still kill you. Act out civilly and they shoot tear gas and rubber bullets at you, or worse. It's a no win situation based on some retarded ass shit like skin color by some insecure crackers with low self esteem and a severe power trip complex. The police are a gang plain and simple.

Their flag is the thin blue line.....

18. david63

david63 CH Dog

Slim it's like common sense it's not too common these days. just like policeman or deputies very few are good ones. I have had my run-ins with deputies too and they are all assholes.

stedz likes this.
  19. slim12

I guess.

I'd like to think the percentages are better, much better than that.

Now that I am over fifty I am the guy the police/sheriff does not have to come looking for and I have been fortunate to not have been the victim of a crime. Pretty much no interaction.

Maybe I am oblivious to the real world but I would like to think there are more good than bad.

S

20. AGK

In some areas that's probably true but once you get into many of the inner cities, things change. Our cops here are pricks.

david63 likes this.