1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mills take away from a dogs bite???

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by tigerboy5, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I have heard ppl say running a dog too much on a treadmill will reduce his mouth. Why does this happen? And is it carpet mills or slat mills or just too much time on either mill?

2. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

that makes absolutely no sense at all. thats like sayin a girl who doesnt shave will have bad breath.

3. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Bullshit "conditioning" takes away bite, not a treadmill. If you know your shit you will be fine.

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

A carpet mill will take their legs away but not their mouthm lol! Bringing a dog in to light will effect their bite.

5. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Totally depends on if you know what you are doing, and the end goal. The carpet mill is just like any other tool....it has it's place, and time.

6. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

Proper diet, and recovery is where ppl fuck that up.

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

^^im with stupid

8. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

If you run him on that mill for longer then 5 minutes, kiss them legs goodbye...................:dogdrink:

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

You did see where I said "if you know what you are doing", right?

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Yeah and i'm sure you knew that:rolleyes:

11. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

Forgive me as i dont know what i dont know but anything more than five minutes on the regular and his legs will be shit but recover or you will ruin the dogs legs long term? How about running on a leash on the road same deal?

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I know folks who have ben sucsessful useing nothing but a carpet mill. Great tool if ya know how to use it.Like most parts of a keep it can be screwed up easaly without experiance. Takes an eye. Drawing a dog too thin will effect overall strangth period. It is'nt so mutch the bite that gets weeker but the ability for the dog to work that bite because of over all weekening from not being at optamum weight.Recovery is vary importan part of a keep . Give youre dog proper rest.

13. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I didnt think it was the mill its self that took away the strength but the conditioning or weight loss. Its like wen a heavy weight boxer drops dow to the light heavy weight class, he will be quicker but he will have also lost some of his strength as well.

14. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

overtraining fatigues the central nervous system.the CNS sends electrical impulses to the motor units, when fatigued the discharge rate is disrupted,..........in humans dynamometers can be used to measure fatigue and overtraining via a hand strength grip test,........the same principle applies to a dogs mouth.......when the CNS is fatigued through too much conditioning work it will show in reduction of mouth.

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

If the dog is losing bite that is telling you something. Either the dog is to light or fatigued.

16. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Where does this shit come from ?:confused:

17. spliff

spliff Big Dog

mostly right out of peoples asses:rolleyes:

18. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

lmfao:eek:

19. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I ain't trying to get into a pissing match with you, what I am saying is the statement "carpet mills will take away their legs" isn't necessarily true in all circumstances, as with many tools, and methods of conditioning it all depends on how you apply them.

20. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

this is kinda a silly statement, so if i run a dog one time for 6 min on a carpet mill my dog will never be able to keep his legs under him??? or if i use more than 5 min sets in a keep? they wont be able to stay on their feet?? or what do you mean?
    i dont think their is a set amount of time that anything will fuck up a dog but,their are things that will fuck one up...like if u take a strong dog that's not too fast and u carpet mill him too much ya you'll add a tiny amount of power but ur gonna lose the little speed u started with... and chances are if u do it far too much u will be bulky and will have poor muscle endurance and yes will lose ur legs.

but say u had a quick one that was lacking expoliveness or power,size ect... starting out at the beginning of a keep with like 2 4min sets 3 times a week... then towards the end something like 3 or 4, 8min sets 3x a week is prolly not gonna affect the dog negatively, just add a lil power to one who was lacking.

personaly my dogs are naturaly strong, and well built i see no use (for me) to use a carpet mill... walking, biking, slat mill, swimming, flirtpole pretty much add what i want, i see no use of having another mill to take up space..jmho