1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mike Tyson and his Pigeons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chessfighter, Mar 20, 2010.

1. damon

damon Banned

If I'm not mistaken hopkins beat pavlick after his loss to calzaghe, so he wasn't as washed up as you make out. Mayweather was very close to losing to a washed up oscar, I wouldn't say he's the best. In my eyes sugar ray leonard was the greatest, he had everything you could hope for in a fighter.

2. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

You have great fighters from different eras and weight classes.Louis,Pep,Saddler,Robinson,Armstrong,Ali,Duran,Leonard,Hagler,Tyson and aton of others.I thought Jeff Fennick was a tough son of a gun.When he beat Nelson and got robbed,they ruled it a draw. He wasn't the same after that. There was a clip of Tyson walking with Cus just taking and Cus had a Pitbull walking with them.Anybody seen that clip? Anybody on here read about Alexis being shot and killed? Did they ever find out who did it?

3. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Hagler went over to Europe to beat Minter for the title.Anybody remember that fight? I met Hagler back in the 80's ,a real nice guy.He trained like a beast.His manager/trainers was in the dogs.

4. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Hagler is my all time favorite boxer hands down!

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

yes rumdog marvellous handlers were the PETRONELLI's. does that ring a bell?

6. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

BB yes I met Marvin and them when he was training for a fight.I knew they was into the dogs.I thought I said that. I just didn't know how to spell their names. But Marvin was a cool guy.He would train like a madman.His sparring was like a war.He really busted Minter up in 4 rounds I believe.Then in his first defense he took care of Vito.

7. damon

damon Banned

Yes he was an animal, he was devastated after his loss to Leonard

8. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Leonard said he would fight Hagler in a rematch.But he then didn't want to and Marvin got pissed.Marvin walked away from boxing and he said he would never return.He didn't.When that fight was made Haglers camp agreed to use a bigger ring ,thumbless gloves(NOT GOOD FOR PUNCHERS AT THAT TIME),and they agreed to cut the rounds from 15 to 12.All this hurt Hagler.Hagler also made the mistake of not jumping on Leonard from the beginning.Leonard fought a smart fight and he really got comfortable in the ring.Hagler underestimated Leonard in my opionion and it cost Hagler.I still like Hagler,a real good guy.Leonard was a woman beater and he also ripped Dundee off millions.I never liked Leonard but he was a great fighter.

9. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Hagler said he never laced up a pair of gloves after the Leonard fight. Leonard perfected the art of "doing alot in the last 10 sec.'s of a round" in that fight there. Which helped him to get that decision.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

Oscar threw over 100 punches more than Floyd, Floyd still managed to land over 80 more than Oscar. As for power punches, Oscar threw 100 more and Floyd still landed over 50 more on him. I don't see that as coming anywhere near close to losing... if you mean the split decision win, 2 judges scoring in favor of Floyd by up to 4 points and one judge scoring in favor of Oscar... yeah thats the closest floyd has came to losing. But the fight wasnt that close.

11. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

What ever the reason Oscar would seem to tire around the 8 round.Oscar was boxing nice against Floyd early.He was using a double jab to set things up.Then later on Oscar stopped using the jab and Floyd just picked him apart by using his boxing skills.Floyd is so slick and smooth.He makes his fights look easy.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the reason oscar started losing is cuz oscar went QUEER! what fag do you know that can win a fight? lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

wow thats a low blow to talk about the mans daughter... you're tlkn about dude like you know him personally... thats bad business... what has iron mike done to you? *laughing*

14. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Pavlik fought Hopkins at a weight that is not his natural weight and he also had the flu. He should have postponed the fight, bit stupid really because when you`re the champ you call the shots.

15. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Hagler was also into pigeons, he bought a load of homing pigeons from a guy I know.

16. Yas

Yas Big Dog

You are Mayweather`s number 1 fan, hopefully he`ll get the beating that`s due to him before he goes to prison.

17. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Lennox lewis the greatest fighter are you joking he only got in the ring with as beens, why didnt he fight tyson when he was in his prime, he was to scared so was alot of other fighters, tyson was finished as a fighter after the bruno fight his heart wasnt in it after that..

18. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Greatest fighter in the heavyweight division of all time for me is Ali then fighters like Rocky Marciano , Floyd Patterson to name but a few. Alot of the greats had great manager trainers behind Ali was Dundee,behind Patterson was Cus D'mato who took Patterson all the way,his last fighter he took under his wing was Tyson. Would Tyson have got the heavyweight titles without D'mato ? imo i dont think Tyson would of ever stepped in the ring. But when Tyson started his career he destroyed every one who was put in front of him,then the money came rolling in and like most boxers who rose to the top Tysons hunger waned and he became a party animal,surrounded himself with gorgeous and an entourage of hangers on,all on the payroll. Buying properties,bad investments,along with others who fleeced him and IMO the set up aligation of rape . I believe he was set up for rape as he would not make a deal with either a very well known fight promoter and/or other well known person(s). All these factors were the beginning of the end for him.

I believe if D'mato had lived on Tyson's reign would have lasted a lot longer. I dont believe there was another boxer out there at that time who would have stopped him !!!

Every man has a soft side for Tyson it was his pigeons which he loved,some of the racing pigeons are worth thousands of pounds some even hundreds of thousands. Years ago and still today pigeons were kept by the working classes,its just now people with money have been able to breed superior birds, that like i said sell for thousands.

JMO Ali is th greatest boxer of all time. Tyson the greatest fighter of his era .