1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Might be Getting an Amstaff need advice

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Wootness, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

Well I have never had a papered dog let alone one with titles. I am trying to get this beautiful girl. I want to get into showing very badly and having a dog that already has experience would help me learn she is not even a year old yet SHe is beautiful of course.

If I do get her I wll not be getting her until January.

Just want some advice as to whether she has a good pedigree?

http://www.pawvillage.com/pedigree/dynprofile.asp?ID=8YL1W6YANP

2. truegames

truegames Big Dog

I wouldn't consider her an amstaff I would say she's an ambully she's got alot of razors edge in her ped.

3. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Just curious as to why she is being rehomed?

Good luck no matter what you decide?

What type of advice are you looking for?

She is a cutie! Do you have more picts of her?

4. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

I dont know if she frequents this forum but here is what she posted on the forum that she is on!

5. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

I want her either way. But if her pedigrees is good? I should hav more pics of her by monday The lady is showing her this weekend all the other pics are froma few months ago!

6. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Whether the pedigree is good or bad depends on first off what you are looking for and what you expect from the dog.

Some things to think about:
    There are some nice looking dogs behind her such as:
    UWOP,UWOPCHX,CH Lowery’s Red Rage
    but none have any health testing at least according to the edigrees that are posted

What type of contract would she be under?
    Ex co-own or full ownership
    What would she expect of you

Are you able to handle the dogs you have with a new one if for some reason they do not get a long and you can't have them out together?

Will she be mentoring you since you haven't worked a dog before ???

Just some things to consider

7. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

She probably would not be mentoring me since she is in another state. There is a local Breeder here that I would love to mentor. From what I have been told she is well known....

My other dogs are all dog friendly but I keep them all seperate when I am not around! I will be moving into a new house in January and will have even better accomadations!

8. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I was thinkin the same thing myself. Also does AKC even allow Tris?? I have never seen one ever at any AKC shows. If you want an Am Staff look else where. I know of some good Am Staff breeders if you are interested PM me.

9. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

well the thing I am not buying her! I am getting her for free!

10. Hey I know Donna and Bobber. I actually own a pup from Brandy Moore as well. Bobber is a nice bitch and Donna is a good person also a ukc judge if you didn't know. I agree it depends on what you are personally looking for and what the agreements would be. Bobber is already championed and has a great temperment! Let me know if you would like to know anything else.

11. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

In my opinion she is a beautiful dog and has already been championed. If you only want to show her she is definately striking and I believe would do well in the show ring. Also if you are getting her for free then you really could not complain if she only turned out to be a good pet. With the razors Edge bloodline in there its not something I would buy, but I would take her home feed and love her. JMO. She is too cute to pass up for free.

12. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

Either way I want her! I have heard diff things about razor edge being good/bad blah blah! But she is coming from a very nice person!

13. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I hope it works out for you

14. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

I do to. i really think she is a gorgeous dog! Would love to have her! Just have to convince the fiance she is a worth it! He liks BIG dogs and My 2 adult pits are probably bigger then they should be! His main thing is her size which I could careless about!

15. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Tell him size doesn't matter

16. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yeah, it's all in how you use it - he should know that! ;)

17. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

Ya I did lol

18. bimbsstar

bimbsstar Pup

I know Bobber personally from when she was a pup...She is a very happy girl and aimes to please.. I myself also have a female from Brandy in fact my girl is Bobbers aunt. Where do you live?

19. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

I live in Knoxville, tn! She is a beautiful dog. I have been talking to her current owner and it all depends on what the breeder says. Whether they find someone closer that is wanting her. She is a gorgeous dog! I would love to have her and it would be perfect time because I am moving into a new house in a few months and she is not rehoming her for a few months anyways. I have 3 dogs already but I am more the capable of handling 4. Very prepared for rotation if she doesn't like anyone. The 3 pits I have right now get along very well but they are NEVER together alone.!

but I am going to be more than understanding if they find someone closer. I would be sad but would deal with it. I tried to rescue 2 pit puppies from alabama but the girl did not want them to be transported. So her mom listed them in the newspaper. I really wanted to help her out but is was just a bad situation waiting to happen from the beginning of her getting those dogs.

20. What are your plans for Bobber is what I am wondering? Are you going to try and grand her or breed her or just want a pet. That is what the breeder will make her decision off of! Are you current pets fixed/altered? I have a pup from Brandy as well (Chaka Khan) she is an awesome pup and Brandy is very selective about where her pups end up and such. Well I hope things work out and bobber is an awesome lil tri :-).