1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mick Vick and Racism?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FearlessKnight, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Remorse??? IMO MV is not the least bit sorry. Only sorry about getting caught...and having to spend 23 months in a cell.

Peta promotion work= less time:confused:....I dont personally care for PETA, and if anything he should get more time for any ties to PETA. If there was any at all.

2. ladybanker462

ladybanker462 Big Dog

couldnt have said it better myself great post

3. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

So anyone who commits a crime only has to say I am sorry as a punishment ? I would love to have you on a jury if I am ever in trouble again.

The only reason why MV is sorry and did PETA work was to try and reduce his sentence nothing more. He was so remorseful that he had to smoke pot while on pre-trial too huh ? He spit in the face of the United States Goverment Federal court system, yea i can see where he was sorry.( insert sarcasim here )

4. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Read a interesting article the other day about the whoel MV thing. A defense attorney was saying that rich people dont necessarily get off because they are rich they get off cause they have the capibility to challenge the goverment. With there own witnesses, there own poloygraph test and things to that nature. Where someone like myself (with limited funds) would have a problem standing toe to toe with a powerful organization like the U.S. goverment.
    As far as the racism is concerned. I dont think that racism had anything to do with his verdict. One thing that we do need to realize that this trial is not over and time will tell if racism will show it ugly head. Not saying that it will, I just want to wait and see. Now what I do think is racist is if you go on most blogs such as ESPN or even google MV DOGFIGHTING you wil see you can't read 3 post with out hearing the "N" word or some other derogatory term which is very irriatating to say the least. I posted a thread on myspace about MV some of you may remember. I got more that 100 responses back most of the had strong racial overtones I even posted it so you could read one. That was only one of many. Hope that those feelings about him wont infotrate in that jury room come April 7th.
    My last point is about the race card. It is something that is used more than I would like it to be used. But IMO it is used on both sides. Just because MV is black have nothing to do if I support him or not. I think that for lack of a better term is the reverse race card. I am very aggravated with MV because through this whole ordeal he remained very cocky and arrogant. I am not a child I am a grown man with children and I look at him in that way as if he was my own. I also wish he would have had people in his life that truely cared for him and not those that just wanted to take advantage of him cause of his money. It sickend me to hear his father on the news put is business out in public cause he refused to give him a million dollars. Now my father was know where around when I was a kid and that would still be devastating to me to have such betrayal by a close family member. I say this knowing that (this had nothing to do with the charges). My hope is all of this will go away soonand we can get on with raising our dogs. The APBT society is more divided than ever right now that is the sad thing. Agian our opposition is well organized well funded. Who do we have in the media? A blue bully on a Old Navy commercial. Marines abandoning its mascot. MV doing what he did? UNITED THEY STAND DIVIDED WE FALL...

5. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

I guess I'm not crazy, he shouldn't get more time in the cell not because of his charges though. My opinion he should be whipped, publicly humiliated and never allowed to own another APBT again. Considering his promotion of PETA and all. Anyone who owned an APBT and promotes them is a worthless POS. They threaten our very right to own this fine breed, work our dogs, owning conditioning equiptment and dog ownership period oh and of course eating meat is against their views as well. They are the ones who push BSL, vicious Pit Bull histeria, stereotype owner and help enforce bogus laws.

Saying that he should be able to do whatever he wants with dogs scares me a little. How do people not believe in cruelty? My heart goes out to all abused dogs, especially bulldogs. I don't believe people have the right to stab, starve, beat, light on fire, these dogs. Just becuase they own them doesn't mean they should be able to do whatever they want. One who would say that seems very heartless. These dogs are extremely loyal and have a hell of a lot more gameness then the cowards who commit cruelty towards them and don't deserve to own them. It is a shame our breed is owned by such people. Where are the gentlemen of the past?

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I think this horse is dead. :rolleyes: