1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dream Pits, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Scraper

Scraper Banned

vick never sucked, in reality. he wasn't the most accurate, but when you run a 4.3 you don't need accuracy, not even the fastest line backer can catch him (patrick willis). that dude is a threat every game, what happened when he got busted? the falcons weren't shit..

2. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  3. Scraper

Scraper Banned

ah man, why u delete it? lol

4. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Mr. Reid made a good decision and gave the guy a chance and I hope he puts his critics in their place with a win. The Eagles are finding a way to win and that is what matter and I Kolb isn't the right one, doesn't have a enough weapons to make it work with a young QB like that, he needs more time. But right now you got a hungry Mike Vick who is playing his part as a team member, he is watching videos now, give it half way through the season and I bet they have at least 5 or 6 wins!

5. Go look at his career stats. His fumble numbers alone are awful. Combine that with his piss poor QB rating and you get exactly what he is......BARELY AVERAGE! LOL

I'm not a Vick hater, just telling it like it is. None of these scramble and run QB's have ever amounted to squat in the NFL. 2 words for example....Vince Young LOL. What so many average fans don't realize is college football is so lopsided half the time that it makes good players look great, and poor to average players look good. You won't ever see any NFL spreads of 30 or 40 points. Hell last week Ohio State was giving up 30 and covered it winning by 37. They sure looked GREAT!! LOL Don't get me wrong they are good, but look at who they were playing.

Vick was an awesome college QB, but he is only average AT BEST in the NFL. Ain't no hatin'....again, just telling it like it really is.

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

No1 is claiming he is a GREAT qb but he is better than you made him sound in the last few post. It doesnt have anything to do with being a scrambler, there are very few qb's PERIOD who can dominate on a consistant basis. If a team wants to make it far with vick i believe he needs a great rb. He is devistating when he runs a bootleg and if he had a great rb it would be even worse. I love playmakers who can change the game in the blink of an eye. You have to maximize what they can do (Rams -Az Hakim). ANd i would like to point out i would take him over most the other mediocre qb's in the league. The NFL is full of them...

7. I'd hardly say he can change a game in the blink of an eye. Can he make some nice looking runs when a play breaks down? Yes. That is hardly changing a game.

Like I said before, he looked good against the Detroit Lions LOL

We'll see how it plays out in the long run. :) His career stats he averages over 1 fumble per game and a QB rating in the 70's. If that's not average or below average, I don't know what it is.

8. Scraper

Scraper Banned

as far as scrambling qb's go i can name a few off the top of my head. big ben plays what he calls "backyard football" where he scrambles and plays out of the pocket. donovan mcnabb has had a real good career throwing the ball and he will take off with speed. donte culpepper was a real good qb before he got hurt(even without moss, he had a 1 k receiver in nate b.) and could run you over(if he didn't fumble lol). vick will never have a good qb rating but he does what he's supposed to, "WIN"... vick is the most dangerous double threat to ever play at the qb position and he will take over a game(when vick wasn't in the a, they sucked badly..), that's all that really matters in the game, not stats...

9. LOL just what has he ever "won"?

10. Scraper

Scraper Banned

he took a non contending team to the nfc championships his 2nd year. they wouldn't have been shit without him....

11. Non contending team??? Didn't they just go to the super bowl 2 years before that? LOLOLOL

See you all are looking at this on a non-factual basis. I'm just presenting the facts. I could give 2 flying shits about Mike Vick, his career, or the team he plays for. He was over hyped from the beginning and still is unfortunately.

Wasn't Jamal Anderson the leading rusher in the league right around there somewhere? Non contending lololol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Running for a first down when a play breaks down is game changin especially if done 4 or 5 times a games. The league average is usually about 75 or 80 as far as qb ratings are concerned so there are def less efficient qb's takin snaps. He has 57 fumbles in 88 games which is well under a fumble a game and only 27 of those were lost. But all that is in the past, i guess we will see how this situation plays out

13. venom

venom Top Dog

Eagles need to fire Andy Reid... pronto.

No duh vick gets the start, they traded they franchise QB and started a bum who they thought was gonna hop off the pine like aaron rodgers or somethin Lol. Fire andy reid for trading donavin to a division rival, fire him for thinking Kolb would be a franchise QB, then fire him again for taking the job away from their new guy after the first two weeks... then you can fire him again for never running the ball and makng it to how many nfc championship games in a row with no hardware to back it up lol what a bum... the eagles fans should demand he give back his salary lol

14. venom

venom Top Dog

its a list of things they should fire that mother fucker for
    like letting brian dawkins go...

and trying so damn hard to look like mike holmgren

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

that shit made me laugh!

16. I got my Mike Vick pom poms out and cheering for him today. I took Philly to beat Jacksonville LMAO!

17. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

further than they would,if the EAGLES would have kept McNABB

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

3rd highest qb rating in the NFL thru week 3. Better than i expected

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

vick went off yesterday.

piss poor performance by the redskins though.

20. You couldnt of gone wrong with that price He is well worth the price they paid for.. He is def showing that he belongs in the NFL. He has more to prove than anyother player. everyone was or still is doubting him is going to be upset. I jsut wish AZ would of picked him up. Someone said it earlier but teams just dont want that kind of publicity to there team. Which is BS him an his family have paid there dues.