1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick lobbying Congress to make it federal felony to even attend a [] match

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Jefferson, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

Looks like this is about to pass. HSUS sure got to him.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/woof-now-michael-vick-bets-against-animal-fighting/article/2539196#<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Woof! Now Michael Vick bets against animal fighting

By PAUL BEDARD | NOVEMBER 15, 2013 AT 9:39 AM

The one-time face of dog fighting, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, is coming off the bench to help in a campaign to win support in the farm bill to bar spectators from attending animal fights and also make it a crime to bring a juvenile to a fight.
    The provision Vick, recently sidelined as the team's starting QB with an injury, is lobbying for would essentially end dog and cock fighting by turning off the spigot of cash from spectator entrance fees and bets.
    Vick, who spent nearly two years in jail after being convicted in 2007 of operating a dog fighting ring, is helping the Humane Society of the United States get the anti-spectator language in the farm bill. Sources said that House and Senate members are near agreement on the language.
    <!-- Show Hide Newsletter Sign up--><!-- email widget --><header></header>
    <!-- /email widget --><!-- END HIDE NEWSLETTER -->Vick told Secrets that as a child he witnessed animal fighting, and it likely impacted his path toward cheering dog fights.
    “We need to break this cycle and change the culture of violence,” he said in an email to Secrets.
    “It starts with protecting children. I was 8-years-old when I first witnessed a fight, which had a huge impact on me. It's wrong and it's a dead-end street. Children should be taught to make positive choices and treat animals with kindness and respect. I support the Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act.”
    Since being released from prison, Vick has become a spokesperson in urban communities for the anti-animal fighting efforts led by the Humane Society.
    Explaining the provision in the farm bill, Humane Society President Wayne Pacelle told Secrets, “Animal fighting is disgrace, and the only way to eradicate it is to hold accountable the entire cast of characters involved in these sickening enterprises. That’s why we need to pass this federal bill to make it a crime to attend or to bring a child to a dogfight or cockfight.”
    Paul Bedard, The Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Re: Michael Vick lobbying Congress to make it federal felony to even attend a [] matc

It's been a felony to be a spectator in Pa since before Vick was even arrested. He should just worry about football..... They'll hit spectators with conspiracy to commit Animal Cruelty. Carries a maximum sentence of 7 years + fines and restitution.....

3. AGK

Re: Michael Vick lobbying Congress to make it federal felony to even attend a [] matc

And if they caught you there with your kid they would already surely involve OCY and children's services and try to prosecute you for endangering the welfare of a child..

4. AGK

They play dirty as hell here.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Because of the laws imo its no longer a specator sport.Unless your south of the border.Less people knows better you are.

6. AGK

Damn straight bama! If there are more than just you, me then there are too many people there....

7. AGK

I missed the federal felony part of the read. It has been a state felony for more than 2 decades.

8. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

Sucks, but its better this way. No titles and what nots to make ped pretty thogh :-/ lol jp. But it will be the death of the true apbt, i only hope i can pass what ive learned and are learning to someone to keep the breed going for more generations. Of course if i have a son/daughter that'll hopefully be the one.

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

The law works both ways what ever they lobby for can be lobbied against

10. AGK

True but no one is going to lobby or admit they fight dogs and even if they did the people against it far outweigh the people who are for it.
    It will never be legal in the US, ever. The masses of this country have been severely pussified for decades now and it gets worse every year.

11. david63

david63 CH Dog

Yes don't be a spectator at a Dogfight. But feel free to get your marijuana out of a vending machine in California.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

IF you would have asked me five years ago would marijuana be legal I would have laughed at you. But look at it now.

13. AGK

Reffer and Matching hounds are apples to oranges buddy. If I'm wrong I will make sure to come back and say you were right but I doubt I'll ever have to write that post...lol

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

AGK is right. They would legalize heroin bfore dog fighting.You cant win this arguement with the public.They do not understand and do not want to even try.Your just a mean,cruel SOB.

15. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

im disapointed in vick he did his time there aint shit they can do too him now. why support the hsus fuck those cowards they could give a fuck a dog or any animal.

16. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Vicks a bitch!

17. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

i 2nd that bro i stood behind for the longest but im done. i even bought his book comin from where he comes from he knows the code to this shit!! we dont fuck wit the man period. hsus is just the fuckin police too me.

18. david63

david63 CH Dog

LOOK Michael Vick is a B#### let them do whatever they want to do. I will continue to do what I do.

19. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

I'll say ths, HSUS done won against the dog game. Games cut in half and not getting any better. True apbt will be extinct in USA someday not far off

20. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

They are the police, they all work together. I doubt the bulldog will be extinct, I see the logic, but there will always be some that love the breed enough to keep it true imo.