1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick 'cried all the way to jail' after dogfighting conviction

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Alma, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Big Dog

Michael Vick revealed insight into his past that led to his conviction on a federal dogfighting crime in a BET series that debuted on Tuesday night.

Vick said he was living a "double life" and became enveloped in an illegal dogfighting operation that "was spiraling out of control" before his 2007 conviction.

"I would fly home to Virginia every Tuesday on my off-day, just to check up on my dogs and fight the dogs," Vick said.

MORE MICHAEL VICK: Says he's among 'top 10' QBs in NFL now

Vick returned to the NFL in the 2009 season after completing a 20-month sentence. He has since started working with the Humane Society of the United States in an effort to dissaude young people from getting involved in the bloodspot.

It wasn't until after he was indicted on federal charges that Vick began to take his legal issues seriously, he said. When the scandal first broke in April 2007, Vick thought he could dodge it.

"I'm thinking, I can get myself out of this situation. Money will get me out of this situation," he said. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would later say that he was angry that Vick lied to him about his involvement in the dogfighting ring when the story broke.

Vick went to jail in November 2007 and said he "cried all the way to jail."

"I cried so much my face was swollen by the time I got to the jail," he said.

Vick's series continues in 10 parts on BET. -- Sean Leahy

Michael Vick 'cried all the way to jail' after dogfighting conviction - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

If I lost 90 million in endorsments on top of my pro ball salary I'd cry my ass all the way to jail too, probally wouldnt have stopped the entire 20 months...lol That kind a loss would make you feel like you really hit rock bottom.

3. Alma

Alma Big Dog

LOL Aint that the truth!!! My ass would be crying all the way to jail too!

4. LOL the boy is delusional! The only way Vick is in the top 10 in QB's is if he's looking at the number on his jersey and he thinks that's his ranking!! lmfaoooo

Plays 4 snaps a game and in the top 10 qb's lmfaoooooooooo! Keep tellin' yourself that Mikey!

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i agree he isn't top 10 but you have to remember who he played behind this year...

6. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Hell yeah, i faint fall like a girl like i caught the holly ghost if i lost that much money who wouldn't:p

7. tryph

tryph Pup

l DlSAGREE HE'S lN THE TOP 10 EASY

8. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

amen to that.

9. Yes that would explain the only getting 4 snaps per game. The point I was making is IF he were really one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL he would have been on a team as a starter.

I will just chalk this up to you not knowing much about the NFL! LOLOLOL

I can spit out 7 or 8 who put him to shame without even thinking about it. Get down to a real hard look and he would barely make the top 20.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

you ever had to do time? plus lose nine million +??? youd be cryin too!

11. yoel

yoel Big Dog

I'd be heated that fighting dogs lost me 100 million, put me all in the media as some sort of monster, and while Im in jail the wild cat offense is the "best new scheme." Knowing thats what I had to do just to win ball games for years. Micheal Vick is easily one of the top ten q.b.'s in the league. His legs were what made him famous, but he has a cannon that inferior receivers can't deal with. His main target in his whole career was Alge Crumpler, his tight end, who should only be your main target in the red zone. Thats why Crumpler had the most receiving yards for a tight end in his day. :(

12. venom

venom Top Dog

Vick was electrifying, but your QB rating don't lie. I think he has monster ability... but that don't mean nothin when the games over. BOSS BAILEY is a monster in the weight room and in practice... but he aint half that on the field. the numbers u put up is all that matters and vicks QB rating is the only thing that reflects his play. he's not top 10. top for athletic ability maybe, not top 10 over all.

13. That is right on the money! Can't anybody say he doesn't have some awesome athletic ability, but he just simply isn't a superstar NFL QB by any means. I know it sounds cliche but you really do need a QB with the presence to stay in the pocket when the shit gets deep and deliver the ball. He can't do it. This isn't VA Tech. Colleges can put a team together that can dismantle the rest of their conference quite often. Then you have a few cupcakes on the schedule every year. That simply doesn't happen in the NFL. Even the bad teams are pretty good when you get right down to it.

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

That Hilarious Brother!:D:D:D:D

15. yoel

yoel Big Dog

You have to have receivers who run their routes the right way to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball. Name one receiver he had who actually caught balls, other than Crumpler who was the tight end and Dunn who was an undersized running back that caught from the back field and on screens and flips. A Q.B.s rating is dependent on several variables. The ball must be delivered correctly on the spot that the route ends and the receiver has to run that route correctly and CATCH the ball. He was the highest paid NFL player so this probably inhibits a team from spending on talent. Both on offense and defense. If a team like the Buffalo Bills really take him he will have Lee Evans, James Hardy, and the consummate pro T.O. to CATCH balls. Plus the tight ends are cool too. And that Running back from Berkeley is a very good running back.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

blame all the players u want, a great quaterback places the ball where only the wide out can catch it, i didnt see vick doing that. Crumpler caught balls because he has a bigger body and is easier to place balls on accurately. Electric though, incredible speed and acceleration... not very good accuracy. I personally think vince young is more accurate on the run. But if he goes to buffalo, i think its a nice set up. they got two good backs, nice little receiving core and some solid defensive players on the other side of the ball. I just don't think vick is accurate enough or as quick as he was... and defenses play faster than they did 3-5 years ago. I don't think he has a legitament shot at the SB on the bills... and i dont think he'll reclaim a spot as a top QB. He'll be able to bring in some nice checks though to start a new career after football and live comfortably. I'm a vick fan, always have been... he changed the game. but i wouldnt want him on my dallas squad, so that right there tells me he isnt top quality.

17. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

I don't even watch football except for the occasional Saints game (WOOT GO SAINTS!) And I can tick off a few QB's....better than Vick...

Drew Brees:D
    Peyton Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Schaub
    Tony Romo

18. terryg

terryg Pup

I don't care what anybody says, Michael Vick was and still could be the most exciting qb in the NFL. Put him on the right team and give him a chance and watch him go.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

LMAO...watch him do what? throw 15 TDs and rush for 1000 yards? he aint a QB at the NFL level, sorry

20. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Crumpler was a huge target but that has no bearing in him being able to catch Vick's heat. You have to catch the balls with your hands not your body. Crumpler just had hands. Dunn was his running back n if Im not mistaken was the second receiver in that offense. And dude is like 5'8. But he had HANDS. Its all about how Vick's contract restricted the Falcons in bringing in top tier receivers who are among the top paid positions along with QBs in the game. He had his faults like stubborness and not being prepared the way he should be, like a Manning or Brady, and relying on that natural speed instead of putting real work in learning plays exactly, like Manning or Brady. But trust me dude got the LONG ball and the SHORT zip passes. And I feel at a place like Buffalo where they haven't had anything to be excited about in terms of their football team, he would make a difference. Of course there will be those who hate so terribly with all their human fiber that a man convicted of dog fighting may be playing in their city while we have a political system thats so overtly corrupt and fucking everyone but thats a whole other story. I really hope my squad, the FUCKIN 49ers sign him. Fuck Alex Smith flush him out or he could be second string. Plus Singletary is THE strong leader of that team. But all those people that see something to rail against without thinking will make it difficult for that man for sure. Did I really write all this????