1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mi ja's training

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Esse818, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

hopefully you all remember mi ja, well shes working hard know. she gave birth(2 weeks ago) to 2 lil pups which im keepping and 2 for my aunt and 2 for my uncle(4 girls 2 boys), but first i want to neuter all of them and mi ja. i just had to let you all know, but i want your opinion is on this, i'm runing my dog with a 10 pound harness 1/8 of a mile and a daY REST and 1/8 more the next so far im at 1 1/8 now and my goal is to stop at four milles(after that im lost if i continue) im seeing great result on her strrenght coming back and i want opinions good or bad.should continue, stop slow down or what? oh shes a year and two months.

thanks

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

IMO, a year old pup should not be walking with, much less running with a 10lb weighted harness on. You are going to break her down big time & will be lucky if she doesn't suffer from spinal cord damage. Her entire musculoskeletal system is still developing & maturing & it's nowhere near being able to tolerate that kind of weight during that kind of exercise routine.

As for the pups, I'll say nothing but thanks for spaying/neutering the bunch.

Good luck with them all by the way. :)

3. Attila

Attila Guest

My friend I would wait till she has weaned the pups before working her. the next 6 weeks are going to drain her big time.

William

4. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

thanks im seeing lots of potental on the little criters, so the weights are bad for her, k so whens a good time? how about out pulling weights? just 10- 20 will that do? just in case u can't tell im NEWBE.

5. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

its hard to, they were born on the 20 and right now she has lots of energy she sleeps in my room with the pups, boy do the poop smell, she stand on the door to tell me she wants to run. then i don't know to do it or not put them the eyes she gives me and its over im joging at night freezy.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

Lol she has you wrapped around her paw. That is cool. I am the same way no worries. As long as she stays up on her weight and the pups don't drain her you are doing good. Watch for them eyes they will get you every time.

7. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

i would not stress her to hard she has to nurse those little puppy's. Feeding some pups is hard enough for the bitch body so i would not give her any hard exercise and she is also still young to be worked hard.

Good luck with your dog and pups.

8. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

lol true but what can i do, shes good weight no rips,spin, etc., showing, it was for a couple of days after birth. black puilpus, green around the black, and finally yellow, with a sad puppy face she makes when she wants something tell me who can say no to that.

thanks, they are all doing good so far