1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

metabolism

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by karnage, Jan 10, 2005.

1. karnage

karnage Pup

Are there any products on the market for dogs with high matabolisms?

2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

What do you mean are there any products on the market for high matabolism? Whats wrong with your dog. Maybe someone could help you out a little better with more details.

3. karnage

karnage Pup

Basicly he burns off his fat very quickly..he also doesnt eat alot because he is a poor eater. He is on the raw diet with rice and some cooked chicken. there is a photo of him in the gallery, its under karnage

4. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

First problem, if you're feeding your dog a raw diet there is no reason to fee him rice. He doesn't need the grains for anything. Its just a filler. You shouldn't be cooking his chicken. Where is the "raw" in cooked chicken? There is none. You should be feeding your dog RAW chicken. Also feed him some RAW beef liver. Maybe once or twice a week. You need to add Omega 3s to his food. Here is a check list if you're going to feed him raw. Make sure you have these foods.

Beef Liver(very rich, feed in small quantiies)
    Beef Kidney(very rich, feed in small quantities)
    Beef Heart( very rich, feed in small quantities)
    Beef Neckbones(just a snack, not a lot of meat) ---this is fed just to keep your dog busy chewing.
    Chicken(quarters,Breast,whole chicken) ---main food.
    Chicken Gizzards
    Ground Beef
    Ground Turkey
    Tuna
    Jack Mackral(this will help strip internal fat)
    Omega 3s(buy this at GNC, keep refrigerated)

Ok these are the food that you are feeding your dog. Or these are the foods your dog should be eating. There are a ton of other things you can feed, but this is what I am feeding mine. Another thing you have to consider is how old is your dog, how much does he weigh, and how much food are you actually feeding him? You have to really know your dogs to feed this sort of diet. You said your dog's metabolism is high. What type of exercise does he get? Does he still have all of his strength? If not you need to up his food. Some people may look at what they feed and think its either too much or too little. You can't feed your dog the same amount of food that I may feed mine or anyone elses. You have to just tailor this diet to your dog's needs. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when it comes to feeding your dog a RAW diet.

I can actually sit here and type all of this and not COPY AND PASTE it, because I've been feeding this diet for almost a year now and my dog is healthier than ever.

5. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Well hell, I just looked at the pic. Hey it loos like your dog could lose a little bit of body fat. Unless he looks different now from that pic. If he looks the same, your dog looks healthy. Also don't expect a raw diet to BULK up your dog if thats what you are looking for. Its NOT. RAW is just an alternative way to feed your dog. Well I hope some of this helps you out. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I'll be glad to help you out.

Take care and good luck

6. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

"Well hell, I just looked at the pic. Hey it loos like your dog could lose a little bit of body fat."
    LoL... only "a little bit"?

7. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

LOL Texasbulldogs