1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mentioning known curs are curs, why it offends people?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MinorThreat, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

why do people get so hot when you mention dogs that quit? I'm not talking about dogs that were rumored to quit, dogs that show reports said it, straight from owners mouths.

the people that get hot, werent even the owners of the dogs, never even saw them but see them in their peds so they will make up stories and defend them until the end of time

if you are in dogs, you know not all dogs end careers as game dogs, so dont get so bent when one does quit and especially if it wasnt even your dog

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

i just think that it offends certain people cause they already know there dogs are currs as well lol. J/K

3. gameone

gameone Big Dog

You aint joking..Dont be serprised when they quit be serprised when they dont!!Thats a saying of a good friend of mine who got that from a good friend of his..

4. RedNoseProdigy

RedNoseProdigy Big Dog

PRIDE is the reason.... if they have that blood they dont want to feel like they are feeding a cur.....which is dumb because good dogs are judged by the individual performance not a family...everybody should know what they have....some people are just in denial........imo

5. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Yeah that's true its all part of the game

6. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

the truth hurts

7. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

ill admit it ..this 1/2 bully we have is a cur & his mom is a cur also .....but the kids love him :D lmao no worries apointment has been made to get him nutered . :)

8. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

this is probably going to be a dumb statement but i dont care an will make it anyway.

NON-cur dogs and are probably one of the main reasons dog fighting will never be legal and only enforces the idea that ALL matches end in death.

9. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Pride and ignorance make people mad in most matters. Most of us have quitters somewere in our dogs pedigree. Before people get mad and say they don't, remember I said most of us.

10. gameone

gameone Big Dog

Your so right, but your last statment needs fixin we all have curs in our peds if ya know it or not...

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Hell, I'm sure most here have curs on there yards, if we know it or not.

12. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

hell some never had a tooth in them look at tab!!!

13. gameone

gameone Big Dog

15 minute roll and there game

14. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

lol...that was a good one...but its the truth

15. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

I like that one.

16. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

thats a statement made by a well known dogmen, he said that many years ago and i believe it is in an interview...not a new one lol..:rolleyes:

17. NON-cur dogs and are probably one of the main reasons dog fighting will never be legal and only enforces the idea that ALL matches end in death.[/QUOTE]

it might have little but more with the uneducated people (proper age for what you want your dog to do, conditioning, knowing when to stop, knowing who to listen to or talk to) that own this breed, another, government cant keep up with it so they cant tax it, if it could be taxed i believe would be o.k. might only be legal in certain states like gambling, but as long as PETA is around will never happen anyways. not saying i condone it but their is a fine heritage with apbt and alot of people dont respect it or the dogs. these dogs where based on a working and loyalty.

18. but to op, there are curs in every line, just part of life. an old man told me once that he believed genetics will jump a generation and dog might not show it, but can produce it, but if 2 generations in a row didnt show anything it was over, and start again.

19. Most people hate facing the truth, be it about them, or a dog that they like. To some, its hard to face the fact that you've picked, fed, and raised a Cur-dog. Plus, a lot people hate to loose, and when they loose the Cur-dog way, they take it as a personal shot to their ability to pick, and judge a winner. Gucci was a professional wall climber, but was fed. But if you were to ask its owners, they'd tell you that that dog was what you wanted your next prospect to come off of.

20. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Thats funny, professional wall climber! LMAO!