1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

members of congress to introduce historic legistation on june 23

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by old goat, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Re: members og congress to introduce historic legistation on june 23

The prohibition of marijuana is the biggest downfall of America tbh billions of dollars on trying to stop a plant....

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Marijuana

NORML PSA: Willie Nelson Urges You to Support the End of Federal Marijuana Prohibition

June 23rd, 2011 By: Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator
    Share this Article [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Today, a bi-partisan group of representatives introduced the first federal bill since 1937 aimed at ending marijuana prohibition. To coincide with the bill’s introduction NORML is launching a new public service announcement featuring NORML Advisory Board member, country music icon, and cannabis enthusiast Willie Nelson. In the video below, Willie calls on you to support this important legislation and to contact your elected officials and encourage them to do the same.

NORML has launched a bill specific Facebook page, where you can keep up to date on all the latest information. It can be accessed here. You can also utilize our Take Action Center to contact your elected officials and urge them to support HR 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011, here.
    Subscribe to NORMLtv or follow us on Twitter to stay posted on all the latest video content coming from NORML, including much more on this important legislation.

Tags: Barney Frank, bill, end prohibition, Federal, hr 2306, legalization, legislation, normltv, psa, public service announcement, Ron Paul, tv, Willie Nelson

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 at 5:45 pm and is filed under Cannabis and Culture, Cannabis and the Law, Cannabis-related Legislation, News, Strategies for Reform. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a trackback from your own site.

15 Responses to “NORML PSA: Willie Nelson Urges You to Support the End of Federal Marijuana Prohibition”

3. jacko

jacko CH Dog

so sorry to hear that old goat ! at least she knows you were there for her to the end ! respect to you , j

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

thankyou jacko , there is so much to this story . but it's so hard to write about it . i tryed to get them to reopen the thread should cannabis be legal and i would write everything i saw and did . but they would 'nt do it . all they had to do was reopen it and post what i wrote them and then close it . but they did'nt want to .

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well the way i look at it they have all this legal insence that folks are smoking now that shit has a chemical sprayed on to it which acts like THC but if you smoke to much of that stuff you can actually overdose i just do not understand how people can make plants that grow naturally illegal

6. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Anything you can enjoy or have to much fun with some nosey jealous bastard will make it illegal.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well look at all the politions that been caught with alittle green . and they all were against it but was trying it .

8. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

More than likely wasn't for medical reasons.

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

[​IMG]

Reefer Madness: Alive And Well In The Federal Government!

By Erik Altieri, NORML - Tuesday, June 28 2011 Tags:

[​IMG]Almost as if on cue from a movie director, the head of the Judiciary Committee in the US House of Representatives, ‘conservative’ Republican from Texas Lamar Smith, has provided both cannabis law reformers and the general public a typical up-close view of why the US Congress—the creator of Cannabis Prohibition laws in 1937 and later the Controlled Substances Act of 1970—rarely seems to work the way it was intended.
    One person, either ignorant or uninformed, can block consideration of a controversial political issue if he or she wishes to do so. And the ability to do this only increases with time, as the legislator gains seniority and become a committee or subcommittee chairperson.
    Rep. Smith, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, responded to press inquiries yesterday about the new federal legalization bill, that will be referred to his committee, saying he had no intention of considering the bill, or even giving it a public hearing. Unfortunately, under current Congressional rules, a committee chairman is given great discretion regarding what bills to consider, and which to ignore, and it is only when another member or members of that committee, or the general public, make a big deal out of it that sometimes one can overcome the stiff opposition of a committee chair.
    One promising fact is that the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. John Conyers, JR, is a co-sponsor of HB 2306, and should serve as a counter-balance to the opposition of the chairman.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Smith’s anti-cannabis salvo against the new legalization bill should inspire cannabis consumers and activists to redouble their efforts this year to get as many co-sponsors as possible for HR 2306, and to recruit and elect political candidates to Congress who no longer embrace reefer madness or favor continuing—possibly for another 74 years—the status quo of arresting another cannabis consumer every 35 seconds in America.
    NORML and our supporters decided to reach out to Representative Smith today, to let him know we considered HR 2306 sound public policy that deserved a hearing. Instead of addressing the concerns of the general public, Smith removed his page from Facebook and wiped it clean of any and all comments posted in support of the bill. Further commenting was also disabled on the page. Once one too many calls began coming into his congressional offices and the extension for the House Judiciary Committee, a prerecorded message was posted stating that his office was closed (it wasn’t, their operating hours on Friday are posted as until 6pm EST).
    Even President Barack Obama has stated he considers legalization a legitimate topic for debate, so why is Rep. Lamar Smith stonewalling the legislation?

NORMLtv is now streaming a new PSA targeting Smith and his refusal to engage this issue in a productive and rational way, which you can view above. We encourage you to continue contacting the chairman through his contact information listed below.
    Rep. Lamar Smith
    DC Office: 202-225-4236 (8:30 am- 6:00 pm EST)
    TX Office: 210-821-5024 (8:00 am- 5:00 pm CT)
    Web: http://lamarsmith.house.gov/

You can also use NORML’s Take Action Center by clicking here and easily message your elected officials to encourage their support of this important legislation. Over 3,000 of you already have, let’s keep the pressure on!
    We appreciate your support and especially want to thank those who have been helping us push this issue today with Chairman Smith. We will be back in touch soon to ask for your further help as we find new ways to push this new legislation forward.
    - Article from NORML.

Related

»

Jun28Start Bombarding Boehner to Make Him Order Smith to Do It

Smith isn't the top dog for Republicans in the House. Have Boehner order him to put it on the agenda and give it a hearing. Have Boehner take a states' rights position, regardless of whether he is personally against cannabis.

Submitted by TheOracle () on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 12:41.»

Jun28LEGALIZE

Dear Mr.Boehner I just wanted know why the Federal Government keeps ignoring the legalization of Marijuana? I mean c'mon we have Tobacco, Alchohol, and Medications that have killed millions of people all over the world but we cant have some plant that really helps people, that go through pain that you nor myself have ever felt before. I just dont understand how we can have substances that have killed millions and we cant legalize a plant that will NEVER stop growing and that has NEVER killed a single person. The reality is that Prohibition has never worked in the United States and I believe that it is time to change that with your help. Whether or not you are against marijuana prohibition, you of all people should know that the citizens of the America should not be controlled by our federal governemt, it is simply unconstitutional. The Federal Government should not have the power to regulate state laws and its time you guys step up and actually help fight for our liberty.

Submitted by Anonymous () on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 14:31.»

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

[​IMG]

Reefer Madness: Alive And Well In The Federal Government!

By Erik Altieri, NORML - Tuesday, June 28 2011 Tags:

[​IMG]Almost as if on cue from a movie director, the head of the Judiciary Committee in the US House of Representatives, ‘conservative’ Republican from Texas Lamar Smith, has provided both cannabis law reformers and the general public a typical up-close view of why the US Congress—the creator of Cannabis Prohibition laws in 1937 and later the Controlled Substances Act of 1970—rarely seems to work the way it was intended.
    One person, either ignorant or uninformed, can block consideration of a controversial political issue if he or she wishes to do so. And the ability to do this only increases with time, as the legislator gains seniority and become a committee or subcommittee chairperson.
    Rep. Smith, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, responded to press inquiries yesterday about the new federal legalization bill, that will be referred to his committee, saying he had no intention of considering the bill, or even giving it a public hearing. Unfortunately, under current Congressional rules, a committee chairman is given great discretion regarding what bills to consider, and which to ignore, and it is only when another member or members of that committee, or the general public, make a big deal out of it that sometimes one can overcome the stiff opposition of a committee chair.
    One promising fact is that the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. John Conyers, JR, is a co-sponsor of HB 2306, and should serve as a counter-balance to the opposition of the chairman.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Smith’s anti-cannabis salvo against the new legalization bill should inspire cannabis consumers and activists to redouble their efforts this year to get as many co-sponsors as possible for HR 2306, and to recruit and elect political candidates to Congress who no longer embrace reefer madness or favor continuing—possibly for another 74 years—the status quo of arresting another cannabis consumer every 35 seconds in America.
    NORML and our supporters decided to reach out to Representative Smith today, to let him know we considered HR 2306 sound public policy that deserved a hearing. Instead of addressing the concerns of the general public, Smith removed his page from Facebook and wiped it clean of any and all comments posted in support of the bill. Further commenting was also disabled on the page. Once one too many calls began coming into his congressional offices and the extension for the House Judiciary Committee, a prerecorded message was posted stating that his office was closed (it wasn’t, their operating hours on Friday are posted as until 6pm EST).
    Even President Barack Obama has stated he considers legalization a legitimate topic for debate, so why is Rep. Lamar Smith stonewalling the legislation?

NORMLtv is now streaming a new PSA targeting Smith and his refusal to engage this issue in a productive and rational way, which you can view above. We encourage you to continue contacting the chairman through his contact information listed below.
    Rep. Lamar Smith
    DC Office: 202-225-4236 (8:30 am- 6:00 pm EST)
    TX Office: 210-821-5024 (8:00 am- 5:00 pm CT)
    Web: http://lamarsmith.house.gov/

You can also use NORML’s Take Action Center by clicking here and easily message your elected officials to encourage their support of this important legislation. Over 3,000 of you already have, let’s keep the pressure on!
    We appreciate your support and especially want to thank those who have been helping us push this issue today with Chairman Smith. We will be back in touch soon to ask for your further help as we find new ways to push this new legislation forward.
    - Article from NORML.

Related

»

Jun28Start Bombarding Boehner to Make Him Order Smith to Do It

Smith isn't the top dog for Republicans in the House. Have Boehner order him to put it on the agenda and give it a hearing. Have Boehner take a states' rights position, regardless of whether he is personally against cannabis.

Submitted by TheOracle () on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 12:41.»

Jun28LEGALIZE

Dear Mr.Boehner I just wanted know why the Federal Government keeps ignoring the legalization of Marijuana? I mean c'mon we have Tobacco, Alchohol, and Medications that have killed millions of people all over the world but we cant have some plant that really helps people, that go through pain that you nor myself have ever felt before. I just dont understand how we can have substances that have killed millions and we cant legalize a plant that will NEVER stop growing and that has NEVER killed a single person. The reality is that Prohibition has never worked in the United States and I believe that it is time to change that with your help. Whether or not you are against marijuana prohibition, you of all people should know that the citizens of the America should not be controlled by our federal governemt, it is simply unconstitutional. The Federal Government should not have the power to regulate state laws and its time you guys step up and actually help fight for our liberty.

Submitted by Anonymous () on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 14:31.»

11. old goat

old goat CH Dog

ALERT: Marijuana Legalization Bill in Congress!

by David Borden, June 28, 2011, 05:20pm, (Issue #690)Posted in:

[​IMG]
    The first Congressional marijuana legalization bill is now in Congress -- please support it!
    H.R. 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act, would remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act and limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling. States would be able to legalize and regulate marijuana, or to continue to prohibit it, as they individually choose.
    Please use our web form to contact your US Representative and your two US Senators in support of this historic bill. Please follow-up by calling their offices too -- if you don't know their numbers (or aren't sure who they are), you can reach them by calling the Congressional Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. And please use our tell-a-friend form to spread the word.
    Visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2011/jun/23/historic_bill_end_federal_mariju for more information on these bills, and sign up for our email list or paste http://stopthedrugwar.org/taxonomy/term/229 into your RSS reader to follow the news about marijuana policy.
    Thank you for taking action!

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

'No Knock Raid' Musician Lindy says 'Catastrophic' Drug War Must End

By Peter Jaworski, Cannabis Culture - Tuesday, June 28 2011 Tags:
    CANNABIS CULTURE - Lindy, the Canadian musician behind Reason Magazine's "No Knock Raid" video, discusses the tragic consequences of the Drug War, libertarian politics, and Marc Emery with CC writer and activist Peter Jaworski.
    [​IMG]CANNABIS CULTURE - Militarized police raids have become commonplace in the US over the past 40 years of the War on Drugs, and the terrible costs to American families continue to mount.
    Police raids cost lives. Often, these are the lives of mistaken suspects, innocent bystanders, family pets, and the police themselves. 70,000 to 80,000 raids take place every year in America, with no end in sight as we mark 40 years of Nixonian Drug War violence on our calendars.
    A few weeks ago, Reason released an emotionally gripping music video showing the disturbing footage taken by police on some of these raids to a song performed by Toronto-based musician Lindy. "No Knock Raid" is a beautiful and powerful melody that Reason calls "a searing indictment of one of the most aggressive, ubiquitous, and mistaken tactics in the War on Drugs."
    Libertarian activist Peter Jaworski finds out what's behind the song and video in this interview with Lindy for Cannabis Culture.
    Peter Jaworski: What motivated you to sing about no-knock raids?
    Lindy Vopnfjord: I stumbled upon Radley Balko's raid map one day and I was astonished. Also impressed how much work he had done on his own trying to expose what he called an epidemic of isolated incidents. The more the stories came to life in real time I was compelled to write a song about it. It just came out one day. The loss of life under this failed policy is nothing short of catastrophic both in terms of civilian and law enforcement casualties.
    PJ: So there's a strong Reason magazine connection there. How did you end up collaborating with them on this song?
    LV: Janet Neilson from the Institute for Liberal Studies sent a video recording of the song to the folks at Reason. They really liked it and decided they wanted to make a proper video to coincide with LEAP's marking of the 40th anniversary of the modern war on drugs. It has been a big thrill to work with them.

PJ: No-knock raids are not a hot topic in Canada. Why sing about an American problem?
    LV: The American-led drug war has killed tens of thousands of people outside its borders. And Canada's government does nothing to stop it. And besides it is absolutely revolting to use this kind of force on anyone in a so-called free country.
    PJ: How would you describe your political views?
    LV: Libertarian
    PJ: When did you realize you were a libertarian? What made you self-describe yourself that way?
    LV: I was playing a gig at The Liberty Summer Seminar in Orono, Ontario and after listening to the speakers that afternoon I was pretty blown away. I had always been socially liberal and I didn't like government all that much so it was like common sense when it was spelled out to me.
    PJ: Being libertarian makes you fairly rare amongst indie musicians in Canada and, I guess, artists in general. Do you get any flak for your libertarian views? What's it like being a libertarian in the music scene?
    LV: I usually try to avoid talking about certain topics with other artists. Opinionated people don't like having their views challenged. It can spoil a dinner party.
    I find it equally surprising how conservatives ignore all the facts about prohibition and that left-liberals ignore the facts about economic liberty and free markets.
    PJ: Can you be more specific about left-liberals? What significant fact or facts do they ignore when it comes to economic liberty and free markets?
    LV: They forget that socialism was an utter failure. That hundreds of millions of people have been lifted out of poverty because of economic freedom and trade liberalization. Those numbers don't lie.
    PJ: If you had to rank them, what are the three most important liberty-related issues in Canada? Put differently, if you could change just three policies in Canada, which ones would you change?
    LV: 1. End the drug war. 2. I'd make government monopolies on goods and services illegal and end all tariffs and barriers to trade between provinces. 3. I'd shut down extra-judicial entities like "human rights commissions" because they are actually injurious to human rights.
    PJ: You've written a song about the Human Rights Commissions and Tribunals called "Shakedown" (in honour of Ezra Levant's book by the same name about these extra-judicial bodies). You've also written a song about no-knock raids. Are you planning or thinking about writing a song about Marc Emery's situation?
    LV: I have been trying for some time to write a song for Marc. I have three potential ideas. I'm just a bit stuck on the lyrics but I'll get there soon!
    PJ: You met Marc and Jodie Emery at the Liberty Summer Seminar. What do you think of Marc's situation?
    LV: Marc and Jodie are truly amazing. It sickens me how "law and order conservatives" are eager to throw away Canadian sovereignty just to satisfy their twisted desires. I can only hope that Marc will one day receive The Order of Canada and an apology.
    PJ: Can we expect more pro-liberty songs from you in the future?
    LV: No question about it!
    Visit Lindymusic.com or Facebook.com/LINDYMUSIC for more information.

Related

»

Jun28

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

please don't say anything about smoking. we don' t want them to close the thread .

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

16. old goat

old goat CH Dog

17. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Even though it is a good thing, I am sure that Uncle Sam has Dollar sign's lighting up his eyes. \

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

yes they do because they have the patten on thc and cbd's .

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Obama takes cue from Slick Willie
    JACOB SULLUM jsullum@reason.com July 5, 2011 8:14PM
    • Reprints
    • <a style="display: block;" class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style">Share

Updated: July 6, 2011 2:13AM

There was a time when Barack Obama seemed more honest than Bill Clinton. While Slick Willie notoriously claimed he smoked pot but “didn’t inhale,” Obama candidly admitted, “When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point.”
    Lately, I have not been so impressed by Obama’s truth-telling tendencies.
    Three incidents last week vividly illustrated the president’s Clintonian desire to have things both ways, even if it means insulting our intelligence.
    Obama wants credit for using the American military to protect civilians and compel a regime change in Libya. But he doesn’t want to admit that blowing up the government’s forces and facilities counts as “hostilities,” because then he would need congressional permission under the War Powers Act.
    Last week Obama sent Harold Koh, the State Department’s legal adviser, to explain this counterintuitive position to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, whose members were noticeably unimpressed.
    “When you have an operation that goes on for months, costs billions of dollars, where the United States is providing two-thirds of the troops, even under the NATO fig leaf, where they’re dropping bombs that are killing people, where you’re paying your troops offshore combat pay and there are areas of prospective escalation,” said Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), “I would say that’s hostilities.”
    The following day, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit was more receptive, accepting Obama’s argument that Congress is regulating interstate commerce when it forces people to buy health insurance. But a concurring opinion highlighted another striking example of presidential duplicity.
    Judge Jeffrey Sutton devoted half a dozen pages to rebutting the Obama administration’s argument that the insurance mandate, which requires the Internal Revenue Service to collect a “shared responsibility payment” from Americans who fail to comply, should be upheld under the federal government’s taxing power, thereby avoiding dicey questions about the limits of the Commerce Clause. Sutton was too polite to note that the president himself had indignantly insisted, prior to passage of his health-care law, that the assessment was “absolutely not a tax increase.”
    Another unacknowledged reversal occurred on Thursday night (just before the long holiday weekend), when the administration released a memo that supposedly “clarified” its position on medical marijuana. Although Obama has promised to stop “using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue,” Deputy Attorney General James Cole informed federal prosecutors that “commercial operations cultivating, selling or distributing marijuana” for medical use are fair game, even when they comply with state law.
    By contrast, an October 2009 memo from Cole’s predecessor, David Ogden, said U.S. attorneys “should not focus federal resources” on “individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana.” The Ogden memo listed criteria for prosecution, such as violence, sales to minors and sales of other drugs, that make sense only when applied to medical marijuana suppliers, as opposed to the patients and caregivers who the Justice Department now claims are the only people covered by the policy of prosecutorial restraint.
    Testifying before the House Judiciary Committee in May 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed that the promised forbearance applied to people “dealing in marijuana.” When Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) asked him about threats to raid “legitimate businesses” that supply medical marijuana, Holder said “that would be inconsistent with . . . the policy as we have set it out . . . if the entity is, in fact, operating consistent with state law and . . . does not have any of those factors” mentioned in the Ogden memo. This position jibed with Holder’s earlier statement that “the policy is to go after those people who violate both federal and state law.”
    So how does the new Justice Department memo address the blatant contradiction between prosecuting state-authorized medical marijuana suppliers and not prosecuting them?
    It assures us the two policies are “entirely consistent.” That way Obama can get credit for tolerance and compassion without being painted as soft on drugs. After all, he did inhale.

© 2011 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission.

20. old goat

old goat CH Dog