1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Meet my Monster [hog dog]

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BoneMan, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoneMan

BoneMan Pup

Bonjour, my bully friends.

My name is Darien and I have one bully dog; everyone calls him BoneMan's BearTrap or Snaps. He is a big boy as he is a hog dog, though getting a vest for him to fit properly like pulling teeth, as that's the only way I could figure of putting his dogged determination to use rather than encouraging dog / human aggression by not giving him something to "butt heads" with.

He is NOT dog aggressive as I had him since birth as he was abandoned by his mother [not my breeding, neighbour dog]. My lurcher bitch [Wolfhound x Collie] GingerSnaps [hence his call name] nursed him with her own pups though she herself has long since passed on. I usually use hounds so he is actually my only bully.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My neighbour left me no pedigree though the parents were said to be ADBA registered and I don't care. This guy has been trampled on by a 350lb hog when a novice hound backed down and gave an opening... bad scratches no broken bones... only to pick himself up and keep on going.

2. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

Big dog!, what does he weigh?

3. BoneMan

BoneMan Pup

Oops thoght I included it. 25 inches @ shoulder, his weight is 115-120 lbs as in the pic.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Kinda looks like he has some dagger/camelot blood in him nice bully sounds like he earned his keep at home Welcome to GD.

5. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

its always good to have a dog that puts meat on the table.

6. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Do you have any pics or video of him working the hogs?

7. Kruger

Kruger Pup

Yeh get a vid and some pics of him working up! :)

8. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

Was that pic before you hunted with him? He doesnt have any scars...or do you just use him every once and a while?.. does he over heat easy at that size.... nice lookin dog tho.

9. BoneMan

BoneMan Pup

Scars. What sort of hog dogs do you use? Well trained dogs don't get scarred as often - its one of the reasons why a person employs packs so a hog can't slaughter a lonesome animal. They get cut but if you care for it properly it doesn't scar. He's worst is down his back where the huge hot stomped him. My dogs are bred for brains and when facing the big pigs I put the kelver vests on.

10. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

I too have vests and and about 8 finished bay dogs.... Buti use 45lb gamr bred dogs to hunt, plenty of smarts...ive never seen a working hog dog without some battle wounds...and ive been around my share

11. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I'd love to see him working a hog or 2 bring on the pictures.. And welcome

TAPD on my skyrocket

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

thats where I was goin, just a little more suttle...lol
    I took my dog to a show last year with a cut from one side of his head to the other, and limping...and hes a pretty good dog at 45 lbs he is able to stay maneuver really well....a dog that size just cant do that...

13. pittfallin & davidfitness83

I agree with the both of you.... Shoot I got a gyp that's got a scar about 2.5 inches long.... and she had a vest on.... had to sower up myself when we got home....
    Yeah, if that dog has see a hog... it was not the hole hog... just a pork chop.....

14. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

This..

Nice looking dog though, just doesnt seem likely on the hog hunting bit..

15. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Ok I am playing devils advocate here but I have seen pics of some game dogs who didn't look all scarred up does that mean they weren't fought or their wins were null an void? Some cuts/wounds can heal properly with proper care leaving very minimal scarring if any at all. If you are only looking for battle wounds on a dog to prove it's actually been worked thats kind of silly. As for the weight of the dog yeah he doesn't appear to be in working condition but how do we know this dog is not conditioned prior to hunting season? To the OP do you have pics or footage of you're hound working? Not that you have to prove anything to anyone here but I am sure people would like to see what your dog can do. I wouldn't be so quick to assume anything by a picture but that's just me.

16. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I guess the opinion of a "real" hunter on this thread is meaningless then lol

17. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Did you ever have to repair the dog on the spot ? Lol

18. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

wonder if he can even catch up

19. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

You cannot judge a dogs working ability based on a picture that's the bottom line.I don't care if you are a seasoned hunter or a beginner. I have friends who do hunt and have lost dogs doing so dogs do get hurt if they have been hunting long enough. Point is you can't assume shit based on a picture the only thing I can tell by that picture is the dog is fat. I have no idea what condition the dog is in when it goes out to hunt. I also don't know if the dog has any scars because those pictures are not very good I would want to see the dog in action before I passed judgement off on it. The guy might not even come back anyway he could very well be lying just saying a picture doesn't tell a complete story.

20. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.