1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mayweather vs Ortiz (whos gonna win)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bukskin.banks, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

ben brock iv been into boxing 4 the last 25 years and i boxed 4 a couple a years.im a big roy jones fan but facts r the first time that chin got tested it failed old or not.yeah roy beat a lot of people but he easily outclassed them and never really took any damage. in fact roy went a couple a years without losing a round.Tarvers not even a big puncher.as 4 zab although he was tested b4 his fight with Zu once Zu got to that chin and almost knocked it off he aint took a decent puch since.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LMFAO revolution your full of shit.

3. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

damn why i gotta be all that cause my opinion diff than yours.The fact is i started boxing amature at 19 under former heavyweight champ Tim witherspoon brother saleem.I used to attend champs and lonnie young I whent to champs with rock and tiger allen nazim sons(b hops trainer)I also trained at lonnie young with mete hopkins b-hop nefew and had a good amount of sparringf with mighty mouse (Ivan robbinson).Real peopl know me so me as far i see u the only one full of shit

4. Yas

Yas Big Dog

What did you win?

5. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

i won a couple pal turneys but farthest i got was gg regionals.Not gonna say icoulda been great but i had a lack of discipline as far conditioning go and they used to say i had a style more suited to the pros and i got by on talent and heart but i was to much into music at the time

6. Roy was my favorite boxer of all time and still is...but what do you do when your reflexes slow down? Roy did tons of shit wrong inside the ring but, he was so much faster then everybody nobody could make him pay.B-hop and Floyd are way more fundamentally sound then Roy...once Roy reflexes were gone it was over!

7. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i feel bad for ortiz, kids got so much heart. and he's about to get schooled up. good stepping stone for his career though.

8. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

yeah he couldnt keep that chin outta harms way anymore.plus to roys credit at light heavy he was actually naturally smaller than most his opponents

9. RRL

RRL Top Dog

10. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

haha he's so sloppy, that's what happens when he fights someone with a little offense. Gets knocked down. Look at how he's standing before he gets rocked. Whata fool.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

you don't win 50 professional fights without having your chin tested. it's not a opinion that's a fact. you don't think the guys roy fought before tarver had ko power? do you think they were bum's? it don't take much to ko someone & at a professional level they all have more then enough power & technique to ko.

12. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

but i guess no one has had enough power or technique to knock out floyd lol not even mosely who was 10 lbs heavier when he finally fought him.

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

that's right nobody has gotten to floyd at this point. any you can also look at his history of opponents and see why lol.

14. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

oscar dela hoya, margaruito, shane mosely, judah ... all these were supposed to be top fighters right? I guess all the doubting will be over after he beats ortiz and pac right? I sure hope so haha it's like nothing is ever enough for him.

15. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

dont matter how much power someone has if they cant hit u.and as i stated b4 roy went through a couple years without losing a single round and hardly took any damage in most fights that includes his first with b-hop and vinny paz.he was way to fast for anybody and never really got touched till tarver and look what happened.look how many fighters took punishing blows and wouldnt go down let alone be knocked out.thats a chin.im not taking nothing away from roy for not having one im just saying

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

oh shit i forgot all about the lou devall nockdown another test his chin barely passed

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LMFAO you can take & shot or you cant nothing inbetwen. i'd suggests you watch more of his fights. just like "you forgot" about devall you'd see he took his fair share of hard knocks. nothing you have posted has given any hint's that you know what your talking about. look at some of the stats in his fights over 3 round & look at the punch landed %. everything your saying is disputed by facts. if his chin was suspect then you should of call him out & got paid. i don't think you even seen the tarver fight because it looked like mills lane could of whipped him at that point.

18. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

i never thought much of tarver.Ben we cant argue about this forever.i dont think roy had a good chin and u do thats cool.So i forgot he was dropped by devall sue me stop trying to takes shots at my boxing knowledge i dont get paid for it,it dont affect me.cant we just disagree.And i was one of the ones that gave roy the benefit of the dought 4 the shitty performance in the first fight because of all the weight he had to lose.and im not sure of the % in that fight cause im going off memory not googling shit trying to act like a no it all.come on who remembers % from fights years ago with all the fights that have passed since then.if u do then props to u ben the boxing statistical genius.

19. venom

venom Top Dog

dunno, the lou knockdown always looked like a slip to me. he barely touched him and you see his foot come out from underneath him like 3 seconds later. but i dont care, roy is one of the greats in my mind no doubt about it.

@revolution... i remember statistics like that in football so it aint impossible i just love the sport.

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

it's just common sense to figure a % of puch's will score. that's just basic boxing knowledge & power punches factor into that. with 50 pro fights that say the fella has a chin. so you may not respect that but folks that understand the sport do. it's not uncommon for a older fighter with high mileage to lose a step or two at the end of there corer. roy beat tarver the first fight & lost the next 2 to tarver. that's why i "take shot's at your knowledge" because in damn neer all your post is not accurate. nobody put a gun to your head & make you post crazy talk. you probably should google things before you post & that way you don't post crazy things. i ain't arguing with you really im giving you a lesion on boxing knowledge.