1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mayfield crosses

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by billbulldog, Jan 11, 2015.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

hot-hot..still ya say...lol.....mmmmm

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

on every corner of the street you can get ruckloads ful of cros dogs GRATIS.

don mayfield

3. I have been browsing through some of the comments. I'm in the game dogs a long time and have been at it for many years. In all that time I have looked upon men like E Turner, M Carver and Don Mayfield as giants within our sport. Now you can not expect everyone to have similar views, as can be seen on this board with the comments some of you are coming out with are mind blowing. In making these comments you have to ask yourselves what gives you the right too attack such men on this site or on any other. Who are you people? Now to leave E Tudor and M Carver aside from the time being, bringing me too Don Mayfield. I'll ask how you judge a mans worth in the sport with what he has done in the game. Don Mayfield for many years has been a huge force , many of the biggest shows were run by Don Mayfield and friends, and he matched into all the hard core men off that time or by putting good dogs into the hands of friends letting them do so too. Dogs like Tombstone matching into B Hall with Bullyson JR, or Bennybob going into M. Carver with Bullyson, these are dogs most only dream about having to match and will never come close. I am not going to go into all that Don Mayfield has done but I ask you, have you read the S.D.J by J Kelly. At time he would be describing a champion dog in a pedigree without M. Carvers name on it, but felt he needed to let people know, make no mistake that pedigree goes back to the great M. Carvers breeding and rightly so. I'll bring your attention to the fact this also applies to Don Mayfield. Fpor example; Tants Grand Champion Yellow R.O.M one of the all time great producers, producing dogs like Southern Kennels Grand Champion Mayday S.T.P, Grand Champion Lukane. Havana boys Grand Champion Rodney and many many more. All those great dogs go back too Mayfields Duke over Bryants Gidget producing Tacksons Hank a great four times winner who produced Chavis Champion Jocko and littermate brother Champion Argo when mated too Rasts Queenie. Now there are hundreds of top quality Champion dogs coming from Don Mayfields family of dogs, too many for me to mention. All I'm saying is have a lok at your own performance what and who have you matched into are produced, then judge these great giants off our Sport. I know there are many top notch dog men but they are being discredited. Too finish i'll just say there has been many great dogs that have become champion and grand champion but placed in other hands woul all have made it. Just giving a plug to those who deserve it.

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  4. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Good words all blacks

5. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Good stuff all blacks

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good post, Black, yet when you are naming the dogs down from Duke etc., you're naming dogs that come down from a line of dogs Mayfield abandoned in order to have and breed dogs from Dibo, Nigger et al. They were a completely different family of dogs than the ones he later began to sell in bulk. I'm not discounting his latter family of dogs, just saying they are a different line altogether.

7. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Why did Mayfield change lines

8. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

I wonder if keystone or hairy8ball knows lol

9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I don't know of any underlying reason, actually. Personal preference and a personal decision, I guess. As he grew closer to Earl, I'm sure that had some great influence.

10. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Ok thanks tdk

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

theres nothing to know ...there not around to-day..if they were i would make sure i knew...just did'nt produce...littlebillcur

12. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Loool ok 8 ball

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

ps;...alblack..read the first few lines...blahh-blah...show us these dogs..instead off saying there is show us....todays dogs..

14. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

also don't dream about haveing something that i did not see..only what i SEE/SAW..with my own eyes..also i take many off the fairy tales that newbies read in mag's/etc... with a pinch off salt....EYES..SEEN..SAW...

15. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

I'm sure in your fairy tale land your dogs piss all over anything the legendary Don Mayfield had..... And then you woke up..... Hahahaha.

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I won't argue the fact that DM did have, show, condition and breed some good dogs. But Mayday,Lukane, Rodney.... Giving him credit for those dogs is reaching IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..he has crd for the dogs he had/conditioner..he was good at what he done(some say cheat),.but breeding that shows to-day...???..nope

18. Replying to some of the comments regarding my last article about Dom Mayfield. It seems to be a total waste of time, except for the few that can grasp what I am trying to put forward. For the rest the light is not switched on yet. Apparently no one is at home. What was said a five year old child would surely have understood, but it appears that a few die hards trying to prove how game they are, only showing their ignorance of how little they know of our sport? For the rest that are true students of the game such as; E. Tudor, Danny Burton and Don Mayfield were close friends and these men had some of the all time great dogs about them. There has been many great Champion and Grand Champions coming down from the family of these giants of our sport. There was Mayfield’s Snake ROM who bred Bryants Grand Champion Snake JR. Mayfield Goldie produced Ziggys Champion Nipper, and then there was Tudor’s nigger who became Mayfields nigger Rom. When Nigger mated to William Satins Lady they produced Plumbers Champion Alligator. Who bred Hammonds Ruffus Rom who produced Griffies Champion Samson and a number of outstanding dogs another one being Jansons and King Limeys Champion Spike. His line of dogs in the UK produced a good few champions also. Now Mayfields last two dogs in his yard were Diebo and his littermate sister Luke. Both dogs pedigree goes back to Mayfields Nigger Rom. E. Tudors name is on that pedigree over four hundred times. Mayfield bred Diebo to his littermate sister Luke and sent Luke to a friend in pups. I do not know the individual personally, so I do not have the right to talk about another individual’s yard of dogs. There are a lot of experienced dog men who would have a lot of stories to tell of their experiences that would be of great value. You also get the pure bull shitters who have nothing to say of any value, but lots of criticism to spin. They have nothing to offer as most have done nothing worth spit in the game themselves. You always hear them before you see them; here is something that will stand them in good company. Jesus himself was criticised by disbelievers, they finally had him nailed to the cross and believed they had the right to do so. Mayfields line of dogs is there in abundance. All that is required is too look.

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'm just curious as to how what you consider abundance. Me personally I can't look at something and see mayfields name twice in the 4th gen and call it a "mayfield" dog. Thing is with a pedigree, if you gonna look back 6-8 generations and give the credit to someone for a breeding then you might as well look back 12 and give that person the credit. Sure there are some Dogs down from mayfield dogs still around. But in abundance or high percentage, not as much. But if we go by your way of thinking id say there are no mayfield dogs, because we have to give the credit to E Tudor, then we'd have to go back even further than that. And when you do find a dog with that blood in it it's hardly ever more than a quarter.... What happened to the purest of the pure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.LIKE A 4 year old would understand name these great dogs around to-day,,.so ya can't name any today..only has beens ,and some mayfeild did not own..GTFOH...Ass