1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mayfield crosses

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by billbulldog, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Lil Toro

Lil Toro Pup

I know they have video of dibo on the chain on Mayfield's yard on YouTube, if your talking about that dibo.

2. I sent you a pm dude

3. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Thank you calico and Toro

4. I have a Mayfield/Tudor/Alligator female, but I'm unsure of how to insert an image.

5. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

So what's opinions on mayfield line of Bulldogs. To hear Mayfield tell it, he had the most competitive Bulldogs of his era besides maybe one or two other guys. He trash talked a lot of big name guys and their dogs. Ham minds being one of them I remember. Now he did own some greats and handled some greats, but how was he as a breeder. I don't see many mayfield dogs and I dang sure don't see them tight. So my knowledge on mayfields line of dogs is limited by access. You just don't see them like you see Floyd B, Carver, Tuder, and other big names of the past. Was it that his dogs haven't stood the test of time like the others? Or was it because he didnt breed the balls off his stock. More of a handler/conditioner than breeder?

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well if you listen to DM those dogs of Floyd B's were off his stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

You're close to the well of truth many seek to avoid...Mayfield was not a breeder, but a sportsman... Not everyone who breeds a litter is a breeder.
    Like I asked in another post...where are the Mayfield GR. CH.'s? Either every dog he had lost in the GR CH match, or he didn't accept the challenge.

But you said it....the test of a family is time, as Joe Corvino said long ago...Mayfield has no blood today, because he is gone, and never produced his own blood to begin with.

I saw somebody saying Floyd B. got his dogs from Don. BS! Floyd got his dogs from his family from generations before him, hence before Don was born!

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

al respect for earl ..but don beat earl in both ways ...breeding and condition...

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

You may be refer ion to me, but I was saying that if you took DMs word for it the whole Eli family is supposedly his....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Hypothetical question :
    If you were a third Gen. Dogman and at some point realized your inherent blood line was losing its performance aspects would you misrepresent(paper hang) a breeding to keep the family legacy going ?

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...NO....but a lot do...thats just the way some people are in life...then some just don't want you to know what they have put in new,,/etc..

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...could it be possible that really some off the best in europe really have dm genes...NO...THEY NEVER GOT HOLD HERE UNLESS WHEN NEW IS ADDED+even then they just faded -away...bred away from....

13. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

the good mayfield crosses ie reid x mayfield or limey x mayfield like in the uk and ireland for me were a success despite the mayfield blood moreso than because of it , those lines were winning without the mayfield infusion , can the same be said of the pure mayfield stuff ?

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

sunbeam in the next topic here hammons i wrote the situation ...how it was here on the continent ..
    if you want a example let me ....

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

sunbeam
    beside that
    evrything that i crossed with ...o boy much better .......
    some of that is to find here on the board
    if was not happy ...no problem would nock on the door of you name it ..bobby floyd pat
    we where not to catch with a pit generale story from don;)

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

also on the Island the spike family was ducking the pure mayfields
    one raeson was also
    they where scared ..did not wanne loose the puppy's bisniss;)

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

so scared for a loose ......keep the beginners in a dream lol

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  18. keystone

keystone CH Dog

so in fact nevr have said something bad about the spike family
    the people behind them bit curry hhhmmmm lol
    have seen some super dogs of the family game as hel

and dann is /was a bird ...nevr have seen a birdman doing wel with gamedogs ...
    earl was also bird man ..but first dog then man then birds lol
    and beside stil time making wiskey lol

19. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

the spike family were much harder to get hold of than pure mayfield dogs, limey etc bred much less than Dann. i was on the islands at that time and assure you they never ducked the pure dogs infact they were usually seen as easy pickings.
    you are welcome to your opinion but this is what i remember for sure.

20. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

The pure Mayfield dogs in the British Isles ,,made very little impact ,,,and faded away ,,,with a very tiny amount in the back of some dogs pedigrees ,,,the dogs from King Limeys Nelis and East end's Neilson ,,made a very big impact ,,,