1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Manbiters whats your opinion?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by rayne_terror03, Feb 13, 2009.

1. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  2. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

.22 that it the only answer to man bitters .

3. benthere

here's another manbiter I would have been proud to feed.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=388
    some of the greatest bulldogs have been human agressive, its a myth that manbiters were always culled. manbiters were kept and bred if they were winners. most people on this site forget the reason this breed was created, these dogs weren't bred to sleep on your couch, they were bred to win. for a dog to be a winner I believe the dog needs to have a nasty side, a mental toughness and an ability to "turn on".
    most of the best bulldogs I've owned were dangerous. they weren't full on manbiters but in the right (or wrong) situation they could hurt someone. when they were in "go" mode you best keep out of their way, when they were "on" they had one thing on their mind, destruction.

4. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

Once in a while a special man biter can come along. A friend of mine had a very well bred bitch that was one of the most intelligent dogs I have ever known. She also had amazing ability and lacked very little at all. With that being said, she only accepted 2 people in her life. Her owner and his teenage son, that was it. Nobody else could go near her without being in danger of getting hit. She just had a special confident nature about her and she decided who she wanted to be around and who she didnt. I remember walking up to her chain spot with him and she would listen to every word he said and do everything he asked but at the same time kept a deep look on me that was very understandable, and with that she had my respect, and her space.

5. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

To each there own . but if man-bitters are what your looking for buy a rottie or some other dog breed for protection work A MAN BITING BULLDOG IS A FLAW....... and a danger everyone its a god dam news paper headline waiting to happen haven't we as a group learned anything .

6. benthere

"To each there own . but if man-bitters are what your looking for buy a rottie or some other dog breed for protection work A MAN BITING BULLDOG IS A FLAW....... and a danger everyone its a god dam news paper headline waiting to happen haven't we as a group learned anything"

I'm not talking about protection work. personally I don't think bulldogs should be kept as pets by the average person. you wouldn't see newspaper headlines about pitbull attacks if so many idiots didn't have pit bulls.
    bulldogs should be kept by dogmen on their private property secured by chains behind locked fence.

7. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

gorilla your correct a i have had a few that would try to get if they were in the[] but that is different from a true man bitter gr ch zebo and fitches ch diamond jim i knew both and they wanted to eat you any time than you have the kind like gr ch mammy one day she might one day she might not . As a boy Mayfield's Nigger was on my dads yard for a short time . my brothers and I jobs were to clean and feed the dogs all the dogs but nigger . By the time he left the yard we could clean and feed him with no problems he was a bully type of man bitter if he intimidated you he would grab you for sure . These are just the types I ran into . As far as trying to tell these people about man bitters I think you are correct .

8. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

YOU ARE SO RIGHT . But like I said in another post I it was my generation of dog-men who sold them to the pet owners that was one lesson we didn't learn from our fathers or the other old timers I wish we had we wouldent have these problems today .

9. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

I agree. "they weren't full on manbiters but in the right (or wrong) situation they could hurt someone. when they were in "go" mode you best keep out of their way, when they were "on" they had one thing on their mind, destruction." EXACTLY which is why, like also said above hese dogs should be owned by responsible dogmen, and the reason why its not good to breed a full on manbiter. <!-- / message -->

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Like I said before, manbiters or maneaters? I wouldn't keep a dog I couldn't handle but I'm not killen good stock just for wanting a peice of a stranger or getting excited and wanting turned loose. ANY DOG will bite under certain circumstances. If it's a nasty SOB who just wants to tear you up for nothin put his lights out but come with something stronger than a .22:rolleyes: I have "heard" about a bitch who took three with a .45

11. cull all manbiters that are agressive..protecting family and home is different than a plain mean apbt..especially one that will bite his owner..MOST of all the oldtimers would cull a manbiter and this practice is what created the great tempermant on our dogs...... back in the ol days there was a dog that was walked too the box muzzled with four or five leashes on him and they had to put a fence around the box to protect the spectators..lol ..i read this in a book and cant remember the handler name or the dogs name ..maybe they did this for propaganda or maybe he was truely nasty??? if you remember the names plz post..i wouldnt want to be in the box with a manbiter!!!!!!

12. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Ok, again, like I said..... Bullyson, Chinaman, Bolio all had to be handled with care. Correct me if I'm wrong but all were in some form man biter. So how many of you have some of this blood on your yard and are still swearing by the Kill all manbiters saying. I know someone (no names) who told me a couple instances where he'd been bit. Everyone would raise eyebrows if I said who so no names but you ALL know of him. He had a perfectly good dog get jealous over a breeding he did in front him. Bit him on the calf. He held the dogs head under his bowl till he passed out and messes all over himself. When he came to he never had another problem again. Betcha somebody readin this has this dog in his ped!!!!!

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I don't believe ALL oldtimers put ALL their manbiters down. I just named threw who were raised and bred by the best of em who started lines off their manbiters. My question is what other great dogs were know to get excited and do whatever to get loose or were just plain mean that were heavily bred to make what we got now?

14. i didnt say all i said most...lol

15. power

power Pup

That must have been one hell of a man or not much of a dog.
    I have been hit by a bulldog before and he took me off my feet
    before I knew he had even moved. Took everything I had to save myself.
    A snap or bite is a lot different than an attack. When a good bulldog has you in a hold and begins to shake it out you are lucky to get away with your life.

Some people are talking about a dog that will bite a person. Biting and attacking are two completely different things. There are dogs that will attack with the intent to kill. If a person has been on the recieving end they know the difference.

16. Yellowdog

Yellowdog Pup

would you guys culled zebo for being a man biter? i would not and he was
    a big time man bitter:dogtongue:

17. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Finally someone who sees the difference in a man eater and a man biter. "man biter" is a term that needs explanation. Kind of like cur but I'm not going there. This "person" was someone who was into running and cycling until the age of 38 or 39 and then decided to get strong and worked up to a bench weight of 495. Used to own a g and I believe he broke a record in his state for his age not too long ago. So yes he's no joke but at the same time this was a freak incident where the dog wasn't a man eater just got jealous and bit him. Never had a problem with it before or after that. And don't get me wrong, I put one down because she made me think she would bite I never stopped regretting it.

18. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Could you give any examples of his behavior?

19. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

They say that Zebo got to Adams' son pretty bad and nearly bit his ear off. I wasnt there so I dont know if it's true.

20. preme

preme CH Dog

i agree dont care wont have chance to make history on my yard to each his own.. dirt nap in yard...