1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

manbiter = cur??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by alabama, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Here's a loaded question for ya. Lets say you are out with your dog somewhere on a leash. Another dude comes along with his big dog, (pit or not dont' matter). Lets say your dog starts crying to go get this dog, you pull back on the leash to get your hands on his collar maybe and he nips you to get loose. Who considers this man-biting?
    I do not. I have seen some do this and never nip again for any other reason. That is forgiven because of excitement. I have had one that would turn around and nip at my thighs to be let loose. Good dog in all other respects. Just wondering about the thoughts.

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I am just going to give a short and simple answer, A manfighter is a cull due to that aspect but it has nothing to do with making the dog a cur. If the dog is game it will remain so even though it is a manfighter.

I am not going to go into a big deal about manfighters because everyone knows where I stand on them and I don't feel like bickering and such today with folks about that subject.

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Oh mannnnnn. Flashback time. I can't remember the last time I heard that song. Mom had that same record and a radiogram.

4. NOT AT ALL gr ch HAUNCH was a man biter and a guard dog, and his half brother big buck MAYDAY 2 marylou was a evil man biter both dead game :)

5. Maybe it's because people skip over them because they are simply filled with moronic dribble that only makes a person dumber by reading it. :confused: IDK just a thought. LOL

6. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Being a "man-biter" certainly does not make a dog a cur. The question is WHY are they are man biter? Are they working in prey, defense, or fight? Are they insecure fear biter or a rank driven dog? If so, then yes they are a cur. But, if they are working in prey or fight drive, they could be a game dog still. To learn more about the animal behavior, you might be interested in viewing this article. http://www.chimerakennels.com/animalbehavior.htm

7. Cincere

Cincere Pup

Man biter = dirt nap. For all breeds.

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

that is a common misconception, as there are several ~levels~ per se.
    not making excuses-hardly.
    a "manbiter" might get a pass, all depends on the circumstance of the bite, as there are many. am i going to PTS my dog that grazes me while im breaking it off prey, one of the cows for example?( we use the dogs to round up cattle here) nope, wouldnt even cross my mind.

now a "manfighter" has no place...period. if my dog, after being broken off the bull, turns to me and decides that I need to be back in the pasture-he is what i would call a manfighter, and would be PTS.

its the same w/ the birds-while handling them you might get "pecked"...they get a pass. we knew one guy that had an honest to goodness manfighter and messed up a couple of people before he got the shotgun and let the feathers fly

9. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

That was really well put. Dogs get excited.

10. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

I try not to write much online here anymore; however, when I see people on this website no longer wish to be schooled from someone with more intelligence than themselves it is kind of a sad symbolic reflection on society and our dogs in general. On one hand you have someone unknown to the community speaking out with his own views facts and opinions, the other you have people who share a common idea which either has been fed to them or they deduced through - lets face it - not to ingeniuitive means. The people with the general idea overun and outcast the one with the different school of thought. Well - what would a "community" be without diversity. It means little to me - I rarely go online for any "dog education" myself - just pure entertainment. To those folks just starting out in the dogs though - they can definately stand to learn from someone like the man that was just banished, a third generation dogman very well learnt by some of the best dogmen the game has ever known and pet more quality game dogs than 99% of the folks on this board have ever dreamt of. That is really all I have to add about this topic.

11. Diversity is fine, and education is even better. The asshat that was just banished had to tell everybody how stupid they were, how superior they were, and had only one goal and that was to tout themselves as the almighty dog person, and down everybody else. If that's all they have to add, then that's more than likely best for the forum. Go take a stroll and look at all the self righteous posts the person made. There's a difference between having knowledge and sharing it, and having knowledge and talking down to everybody like they are shit because they aren't them.

That's is really all I have to add about this topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  12. familydude

familydude Big Dog

When i lived in new mexico a buddy of mine had a man eater it went after his son so he put him to sleep. That dog was a good one till he did that.

13. After a little more thinking you know it's quite ignorant of the person to get on a public forum talking their shit. If they truly are a 3rd generation dog person seems the internet would be the last place they would want their business. Seems that laying low and keeping it incognito now days would be the play. Yet here they are spewing how everybody that doesn't fight their dogs is ruining the breed and they are keeping it 100%. TALK ABOUT STUPID! Everybody that knows me knows I don't give a rats ass what anybody does with their own dogs. Why is it this almighty dick can't give us people that don't wanna roll, test, or match our dogs the same thing in return. I am not hurting this clown in any way shape or form. He wants to talk his shit about me ruining the breed and talk about me selling dogs blah blah blah. The first ever dogs I produced in my life was just a matter of 2 months ago. If the dilrod don't like it, I suggest he go fuck himself.

So as I pointed out before, when the law is knocking on the door make sure and take your finger you're pointing at me Gorilla, turn it around, and doink yourself in the forehead and say to yourself, "I helped lead them here with my big mouth on the internet". You think you're too fucking slick for them and they can't track you down. You think they can't use the info you put out here. You think they can't find out it's you. Well I guess that makes you as naive to the real world as it does to all us green horn dumbasses that don't know jack shit about the dogs.

I'm sure the 2 previous generations would be sooooooooooooo proud!

14. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Thread Closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.