1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

manbiter = cur??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by alabama, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

yes agreed but when i say man biter i mean strangers not close friends or family ,
    and not children under any circumstances , and definatly not me if they do then its a one way ticket

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

then in that case its too much of an open ended question.....what did the stranger do to attract such aggressive attention?....too many variables for a straight answer on that point....:cool:....

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i know its not best for the breed prob but i dont like my dogs being super friendly to everyone. I hate gettin dogs stolen. People always steal pups and if ur dog doesnt at least bark they are comin in ur back yard. I only have had 3 dogs that would bite anyone in the last 10 years and they all were under extreme citcumstance. Basically if you got bite you more than asked for it. I never have owned a dog tha twould maul or kill anyone. I know what the breed is suppose to be like but honestly...

4. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Over the years i've had a few untrustworthy dogs , and one bitch who would try and nail any one who came by me or the mrs and kids , yet she was focused on the job in hand. She was a keeper for me and had she ever had a regular heat i would have bred her as she showed the qualities that i liked in a dog . I dont believe a manny who is focused on what it has to do is any less of a cur or gamedog than the next dog.
    As for a deadgame dog its of no use as its dead !!!! Most times its knowing when the dog has had enough and is picked up etc. Hypothetically a dog that goes the two hour mark into good competition why leave it down to become "Deadgame" ? Personaly i'd pick it up as its shown its no cur , but thats me :D

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah i think that you have to be more worried about achievements than ur dog to leave ur dog out there like that

6. Bertus

Bertus Pup

I'm with Sunbeam on this subject. But i see a few people mentioning children. But why let small kids go around on your yard of dogs or be inside a kennel with your gamedog? The dogs are peoples responsibility, not the kids. JMO cheers

7. Bertus

Bertus Pup

It's not because i find them dangerous or whatever. It doesnt even have anything to do with the breed to me. It's because a parent is responsible for its child and also for his performancedogs. Keep m separate. That's just my honest opinion. Not being a wiseguyorsome sort. Btw never bring a manbiter to a conformationshow. But i wouldnt let a child play in a yard of any type of performance-animal if it was owned by me either. I only have one dog in my house and he is no manbiter but i would NEVER let hime alone with a child period even if he was chihuahua.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
  8. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

Spot on great post , that applies to a lot of other breeds too

9. I don't care if I was given the best dog in the world - man biters are only worth one thing to me, and that is a syringe full of sleep juice. No place for them in this world, not with the dire straights our breed is in. I would evaluate the situation carefully, and if I really thought it was a freak situation that would never happen again, I might give the dog another chance and keep him or her alive - but to me the only good man biting pit is a dead one.

10. As far as personal protection goes - I don't need my pit to guard me or my house, that is why I have a protection bred dog breed as well - her job is to protect my house. I wouldn't put a pit down for attacking an intruder in a break in and keeping me safe (that is one of the situations I mentioned above that the dog would avoid getting the needle for), but I sure don't consider it a pit bulls job to do so either.

11. peppapig

peppapig Banned

gorilla.......if any dog i had......and dont forget they should know your the boss.....tried snapping with excitement at me....a good crack with my shoe or fist it would get till it knew not to do that...if your said hyped dogs can get in that state....id be wary....have you not tried to correct them??....what will you do if one latches on to your cheek??:confused: ....this sounds odd to me that you think its ok for one to be snappy to its owner through being excited.....:eek::rolleyes:

12. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

I wouldnt send my dog to do anything i wouldnt do first. i always stay on the extreme side of caution when training & conditioning any dog that has the potential to be a man stopper.(no hand held tug toys,no springpole, no human attack command, no licking, no mouthing of hands, ect)
    I dont care if its gamebred or not if its your buddy the dog will know when to turn on and attack a human or animal that poses a threat to its clan. Body language is everything to a canine, you cant condition that out of em.

13. peppapig

peppapig Banned

body language,atmosphere.....very true....a dog should/would know if something is a bit off.....i realised this only 2 days ago at a friends when we were having "a tiff".....his aM/BULLDOG put himself between us and gave me looks id never seen before:eek:....and i know this dog WELL....when things had calmed i asked mate to move dog to other room.....which he did....today....the dog was right as rain....as no atmosphere or odd body language.....from jrt to great dane.....they should know when its time to be ready for a man.....

14. peppapig

peppapig Banned

perhaps thats why they are snapping at your face you muppet:rolleyes:.....and a quick crack doesnt exactly hurt these dogs i think you will find......its the realisation of being corrected and falling foul of the pack leader....meaning you.....will soon get thier act together.....you do sound like an owner thats got an accident on the way.....i do hope its you as the ignorant owner and NOT someone whos punished for your fainlings in correcting your dogs......TIT......:rolleyes:

15. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

first time i ever heard 'muppet' was on the old 'headhunters' forum. :D Just readin about the Firms back when.;)

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

AHHHH.....YOU MUST SEND THEM MESSAGES TELEPATHICALLY FOR WHAT YOU WANT THEM DO.........you sound a mental case to me fella.....you have admitted that one of your dogs got your arm and you didnt correct it??.....you really are a WANKER.........you have anoyed me know.....you have a yard full of man biters no doubt and dont care for correcting them.....:eek: ....im shocked.....

17. peppapig

peppapig Banned

lmao.....should be a good read then;):D

18. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Innit bruv.

19. peppapig

peppapig Banned

lmao:D.....im still liable to have a little read of "terrace legends" when im on the toilet for a long one....lol....;)

20. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

and i still spin the rejects,sparrer,dekker, ect in a blue moon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.