1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

SC: Man gets 10 years for dragging dog behind truck

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Seriously, I'm a member here and commenting on a story. Put me on ignore if you don't like my posts.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I live in a small town and I was at the 4 way on main street and a dude in a jack up four wheel drive comes through and I notice he is dragging a dog..I haul ass and cut him off and we get out of out vehicles bout the same time and he called me a dumbass..Lol next thing I know we were fist fighting on main street , broad daylight.Cops come and broke us apart and it was a lil red nose he was dragging..He had no idea and luckily she was just skinned up pretty good.Like what Treez said she had jumped off the back of the truck and he didn't see it happen so he was dragging her...People down here love to ride their dogs on the back of their trucks and I have saw this happen more than once..As crazy as this story sounds its true...Never intended on a fist fight was just trying to get the guy stopped.

3. Michele

I can understand an accident. The man in this article was drunk and has drinking problems.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't drink and drive , learned my lesson ..As bad as this is I don't think the guy should have got 10 yrs because this was an animal not a human..jmo....But if you look around , you will see people that has killed and molested innocent kids and get out of jail in less than 10 yrs..

5. Michele

People that molest innocent kids should get their dicks cut off, one swipe with an axe.

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

......keeping quiet.....

7. amistad

amistad Big Dog

Well that's what I was saying if I saw that I would stop it,just like bamaman did. Did the drunk get to much time yes I think so but halve of that time was for being a habitual traffic offender.

8. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

poor pup, hope she gets the care she needs and makes a full recovery. As far the man, well... bad choices are made and accidents happen when you're inebriated. Do i think his sentence is steep? Definitely, however this man obviously needs some help and sadly sometimes jail is the safest place for them to be.

9. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Now that I think about it this could have been a second or third offense DUI so who really knows. The dog lived BTW at least from what I remember.

10. Michele

Yep, here is another article:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/s-c-man-gets-10-5-years-in-dog-dragging-incident/

11. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

Just because animals are considered property does not give you the right to be cruel to them. Things aren't black or white and what ever you do, dont let people like animal rights activist define what is considered cruel and not. Dog fighting is not cruelty because proper fighting dogs fight by their own free will, thats why we need to chain them up properly or they will kill each other. Fighting a pit bull against a yorkie, that is cruel imo! Dog fighting is just like any other fighting sport, both parties are in on it. If not, cajun rules state that the cur dog that doesn't continue scratching will lose and the fight will no longer go on. This is not cruelty, this is fighting in its most just form.

Dragging a dog behind a car by accident is a terrible accident, just like any other accident. Doing it knowingly, is cruelty. What animal rights nuts think is cruel and not doesn't bother me. Their arguments have flaws, but i would never ever compare an animals, a living, breathing being, to lifeless property.

Seeing things that black and white only shows me a persons inability to think outside the box. I would never deal with a person that consider his dogs the same as lifeless property, eg. furniture!

12. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

The man in question in the original story deliberately tied the dogs front legs to the tailgate of the truck and drove off. This was a deliberate and intentional act to inflict pain on another animal. It wasn't his animal. If you think that it's ok to drag a dog or animal with the intent to mutilate, maim and kill it from behind your truck because it is your property, then something is wrong here. That's truly a fucked up way to think. And that's why there are laws protecting animals, because there are people who act on these thoughts.

Even if it were his animal, there is no law, written or unwritten that should allow permissions to a human to inflict that kind of pain on any other living creature, whether it is your property or not. In the space allowing judgement, the act disbars empathy, morals and principles.

In the example that provided the killing of cockroaches; these insects carry diseases. Cockroaches can also passively transport microbes on their body surfaces including pathogens that are potentially dangerous to humans. They have been implicated in the spread 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella species, six parasitic worms and more than seven other types of human pathogens. I have no issues stepping on an insect. I also won't eat one on purpose.

Attached Files:

13. treezpitz

I know my dogs get looked at and treated like family more than property. But I do understand the fact that once you give the power to people to control what you do with your property (fighting, dragging by car, etc) that it just opens the can of worms. Once it's open, you'll never get it closed again. I personally see a problem with dragging a dog from a truck, I surely do, but he shouldn't be punished as severely as he was IMO. Like bama said, child molesters get probation sometimes. That's really sad.

14. treezpitz

I didn't see where he tied the legs to the truck, let me re-read.

15. Vicki

He got the maximum punishment ill treatment of animals, which was FIVE years. The rest was for traffic violations.

16. Vicki

17. treezpitz

I'll be done with this topic because this guy had his day in court and has to deal with the court rulings. I just can't believe what a prosecutor says. He may have done what they allege but I didn't see where he admitted it. I agree he was wrong for something, I just can't say what. Whether it was bad judgement or being a drunken idiot, I don't know.

18. amistad

amistad Big Dog

"When you eat chicken egg's you are eating chicken babies" that's funny those egg's from factories are not fertilized. You don't need a rooster for a chicken to lay egg's.

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Thats the best you could come up with??? LMAO!!!!!........regardless if the eggs are fertalized or not THEY ARE the chickens BABIES....same thing as veil.

20. amistad

amistad Big Dog

Riiiight, ok moving on."In the space allowing judgement,the act disbars empathy,moral's and principal's" could not have said it better myself. Has nothing to do with being an "ANIMAL RIGHT'S ADVOCATE".