1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man Biter question

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Kuntry, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

whatever you do YOU are the one that has to live with your decision. better safe then sorry a pet can be replaced.

2. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Thanks I know about catching heat on here for being a newb.:D

Some good advice and I am all ears. Not going to give up on the forum just word my posts a little smarter.

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

if the dog is manny and you cant correct it... have it put to sleep,or 9mm type ear plug....whatever is easiest for you and the dog.jmo

4. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Post your words the same as you feel... Some people try to put emotions behind the text...
    AAAAAAAnyway.... If you feel the lil kiddies are in danger,do what you got to do.. If you are the only one thats havin a problem wit the dog, see if you can handle him...If you cant pass him to somebody that can..
    Hell, Maybe your a ugly SOB that only a mother can love!

5. quinny

quinny Big Dog

It's your call mate! It doesn't sound as though you or the dog would have much of a life if you do decide to keep him around. Ive seen it work but it'd shit me to tears before too long! No kids, big yard, alot of patience and no nosy neighbours with dogs = different story. But if i were in that situation it'd be gooooone already!:dogkiss:

6. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

+1 lol....

7. kingspoke

kingspoke Pup

Give him the Rodney King massage, if that doesn't work give him a 40 between the running lights. I like the idea of restricting his freedom to avoid him hurting any children. He has to earn your respect, and shouldn't be challenging you once you establish who is numero uno.

He seems too dangerous to have around children.

8. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

it sounds a little like a dominance issue to me,he is obviously placing himself next to you on the pecking order and feels the need to challenge it there needs to be more to the story for you to get a real educated answer on the subject and it is no subject to be taken lightly, hence why i would like to hear more about the situation, what is in common everytime this happens? your direct movments that bring this on ect.
    What is it that you do EXACTLY, when he reacts like this? how do you react voice wise and phyisically towards him? is the rest of the family around when this happens? Does he only act this way in reaction to the other dog you mentioned, or has he or can you see him trying to take the same aproach if your partner was involved.

ive had a male who would try to seperate me and my ex if we were playing around being vocal and a bit pushy for a laugh, he saw me as a threat to her and would seperate us with his body and growl a little.

i would honestly put him down regardless of the situation but if you want to keep him its on you. if you have to put him down and you are not going to shoot him, take him to the vet and do it the right way, hes not a pig, nor is he a person, hes a dog, and sticking with your knife, in my eyes makes you a dickhead, no offence but saying youl slit his throat comes across at the sort of tough guy who personally i dont want owning one of these dogs.

9. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Never said I would stlit his throat, I said I would stick him and take him out if he attacked me, I am not gonna backwoods butcher the dog with a blade.. But if he bites me he's gonna get whatever I get my hands on blade, gun, frying pan etc. not trying to put off a tough guy I already explained that. Sorry to come off as a dickhead saying I would use a knife. This is what I meant by the knife statement...I will chose my words a little wiser and have the dog put down if need be.

Junkyard the only "detail" left out is another spayed female. When shit goes down it's like prison tension, or something with alot of tension in the air. I rotate the dogs out, there's never problems unless the black bitch is coming in heat. When she does the tries to get rid of the spayed dog.

Other than that if he feels threatened or he shows bad behavior I am usually bowed up, like I was all pumped up my body language would be like I am about to whoop some ass. I often cuss and yell too. Is this something I am doing wrong. The dogs have their own room and are in and out all day.

I feel like if a cusss and get fired up its my house not his and I am not walking on egg shells because of him. He growls I handle the situation the best I can, I calm him, get him out of the tense enviroment and I build his trust with work and woods time.

He humps,humps,humps blankets, etc. and just turned 2 in april. My black bitch is coming in heat to. Hope this helps.:o

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Ok, why the hell do you have 2 completely INTACT RESCUE DOGS!? Both should be fixed to prevent a litter of unknown ancestry. Second, isn't that male a blue dog??? Here's my advice (like it matters:rolleyes:) fix the bitch. Accidents happen, plain and simple, doesn't take long. Second..........SHOOT THE FUCKING DOG...SHOOT THE FUCKING DOG...SHOOT THE FUCKING DOG... He's only two, which means he's still maturing. He's already shown that he's not going to submit to you and like you said, it's your house. When I yell in my home, my dogs duck their head down. Shit, Ernie runs upstairs and hides under the bed. And I've never done anything more than a smack on the hind end. He has no loyalty to you and it will get worse the older he gets. And one day he'll grow the nuts to bite especially if he ain't getting the fuck knocked out of him for growling and testing the waters. There's solid tempermant bulldogs all over the world, shoot that SOB and go get one. The kids will love it, it will grow up knowing it's place in the family, and you will have an experiences breeder who will be able to help you cause he should know his stock. Best part, if you stick around you'll most likely meet someone who would gladly give you a good solid bulldog with papers for free just for being responsible enough to reconize a bad apple and taking the proper steps to ensure it doesn't bite anyone.

"WHAT IF" one of the kids yells someday????
    SHOOT THE FUCKING DOG!!!

11. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Yardboy I see you can't stress enough to put a bullet in him. What's the point in an experienced breeder if all is lies and forged papers. I mean if papers don't mean anything and or not accurate what's so experienced about that in tracking history or ped.

I am just saying as I am inexperienced compared to this board.

12. I cannot wrap my head around why you have multiple intact rescue dogs. You have stated several things:

1) You have no intention of breeding
    2) You think the female coming into heat causes this issue with the male

Why can't you put 1 + 2 together and fix the damn dog and bitch if you want to try to keep the male around. It sounds like it would certainly reduce the issue.

Personally, I won't keep a dog that shows aggression or threat displays to me - if the dog doesn't respond to a little behavior work, good bye.

13. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Kuntry, have you ever been around any two dogs having a scrap? not bulldogs but any? with bulldogs its a hell of alot more intense, but when any dog is riled up and scrapping your energy will make them worse if you too are riled up, a bulldog will thrive on that shit. stay as calm as you possibly can. im bnot gonna jump on you about the intact dog yardboy has said enough but i am of the same opinion. i think it goes deeper than this but staying calm is paramount on these situations for them to go smooth.
    a real simple solution would be to spay the intact bitch, but something tells me if it will find a way of happening again if he wants it too.
    get that male and exercise the crap out of him, non of these are a full solution to the problem but they as a whole may help calm things down.
    try that and see what happens, but as a two year old i think you may be in for some work. do a search on behavier on here and aggresion situations im sure there are 100 plus threads you can find usefull to your situation.
    im thinking you may have some hard work ahead of you as you dont realy know what was done before you got the dogs. good luck.

14. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

kuntry the reason alot of us are saying pts is because your story rings true of so many others and alot of them end up in tears. its simply passion, and not one of us likes a pitbull as another statistic. thats all.

15. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

junkyard you seem to be a wise member, I know 99.9% want me to smoke this dog. My black bitch came to me after a divorce and I lost my other dogs to the ex. She's special to me and onday I want to find a good male to breed with. This male came to me because he was to much for the previous owners with small children, my kids are older than the previous owners children. I will research some more and be careful the kids are not allowed around him until I figure him out.

junkyard I know you can't save them all, and I will be careful I want to listen and not seem like I got my mind set. I have seen dogs scrap, I am 34 now and have been around.

The male is gonna get worked the old owner jogged him over 3 miles a day and sometimes he doesnt get tired on my excercise routine. So I gotta step it up to wear him out more to try and calm things. I am not scared of the hard work, nor fear him with the kids. I hope I am not being stubborn and you guys are patient with me.

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

:rofl: :hipsbat: "rodney king massage".......that is funny as fuck....im stealing that.....:D:D

17. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Well, the point here is to get to know the breeder and know them as an honest person. No papers are exactly correct, but if someone has bred several generations of a family of dogs, then they know what to expect or what the goal is in a breeding and would be able to spot a problem better. I understand that your bitch is a good dog and means a lot to you but my personal opinion is that being a good pet isn't good enough of a reason to breed. Breeding should only be done to try to improve the breed as a whole. That's why I leave it to experienced folks. Seriously, that male is a problem. He was too much for them and he's gonna be too much for you too. If there were no kids i'd say maybe, but it don't matter how big a kid is, a bulldog can kill a grown man if he ain't careful. And even if the kids could fight the dog off, they could still be permanently scarred and like was said before, you owe it to those kids to give them a safe evironment. No kid should have to live in a possible threat when it could be easily solved with a .45 and replaced with a dog worth it's feed. That piece of shit ain't worth feedin if it's growling at the hand that feeds it. I got a pup who has an issue with this right now that I'm working with and don't think for a second that bitch will get by with it when she's grown cause if she don't learn now she never will. Shoot the fuckin dog man.

18. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Yardboy shes more than a house pet to me, I have worked her on hogs and shes doing good. Had her on a few hunts with some seasoned dogs and she's got the spirit man.

My kids are not full time, it's split custody and there are hardly around this dog. I am the one who he has shown ha too. I have to admit after junkyard told me about being more calm in situations seems to make since. I get wound up pretty tight sometimes and he knows it.

If HA is shown again he will be disposed of. This is his time to do right or his time is up. Yardboy the black bitch is part of my life now, I don't want to fix her and if he has to go and I get me a pup off of her oneday I will do so.

I see what you mean about getting to know the breeder, I am just learning about peds. Seems like I def. joined the right forum. I appreciate all the feedback:cool:

19. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Well, she's your dog. If she hunts good for you that'd be a reason I suppose. Just make sure the male is worthy too. Dont breed her to that blue POS. LOL. Seriously, I'd bury and replace his ass no questions asked without a second thought. You'd be a lot happier in the long run. Nobody likes culling dogs, I put a bitch down for showin her teeth at me and acting out one time. She slept in the bed with me from a young age, but at a year and a half she started acting funny. It wasn't easy, I still think about that bitch sometimes, but it ain't worth the risk.

20. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Yardboy, that's why I started this thread. I was reading on here and didn't want him knocking her up if he's a problem dog. I am not trying to be a backyard breeder and screw up the breed by passing on bad traits. I am a quick learner and hope to have some fine dogs in the future.