1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man Biter question

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Kuntry, Jun 30, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Bro i wasnt trying to say you did anything wrong, it just seems like you knew they were going to tell you to give it the dirtnap. I think if you truly belive you can work with this dog than keep doing so right? its your dog, not ours. Only you know whats going on. Im still working with mine, everyday. Keep at it and things can turn around. When i said BEAT, i was reffering to the fact that you had stated you thought he may have been beat in his past. Keep at it and things can turn around for you. Good luck, keep us posted.

2. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Alright I gotcha viegas, I think I can, just newer to kids, than dogs. The wife said he's a keeper and I am the only one he wants to growl at so I am gonna keep working with him and control the situation better. Thanks for the input and I'll keep ya posted.

I referred to "passing him on" I meant give him to someone who could catch with him or kennel or chain him. Then again if he had his nutz cut he would be an awesome lap dog.

3. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I was being sarcastic when I said breed him... seriously though do what you want with him just try to keep him out of the news and off of headlines.

4. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Maybe extra bonding time will help eliminate his aggression towards you. Theres plenty of stuff you can figure out that you two can do together. Best of luck to you.

5. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

shakaz I see lol not no news going on around here.

viegas the bonding sounds like good advice..keep ya posted.

6. fblb

fblb Top Dog

There is yet another problem. You "look at him like a pissed off teenager", it's an animal not a human being....you need to separate them into different classes they don't have as complex feelings as humans do.

He might change, he might not getting his "nuts cut"....I still can't figure out why you would take a chance when your children are involved. Just because your kid says he ain't worried, it's all good? I will be god damned if my animal growls at me in my house. Whatever you do it seems like you don't have the testicular fortitude to give the animal a dirt nap. Do what you want.

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

be carefull.with him being 2 he might be a time bomb.if you are to work with him you should be very carefull with him being around other people.for the love of pits if he gets worse and out of control put him down.good luck.

8. Tommy TWO

Tommy TWO Pup

get rid of him asap

9. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i see you got kids dont have them together.is losing a kid worth a dog? its not worth any chance.

10. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

fblb I would knife him, guns are for pussies....

outrightmike I would put him down before he gets anyone.

Tommy thanks for the advice, but I am a fool I guess no disrespect.

11. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Wow a knife, you are so cool! Quick question, How would you put him down if you ain't there? LOL.

12. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

just remember it only takes a second to ruin a kids life.

13. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Fuckin right. That's why I said do what you want just keep the damn thing out the headlines.

14. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

kuntry it might break your heart but if a dog i was feeding went for me itll be dead 100%. Prevention is better than a cure and last thing breed needs is a man biter story in the pappers.

15. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

a knife because guns are for pussies...so inflicting pain and not ending the dogs life quickest way possible doesnt make you a pussy?

Comments as silly as that you deserve a good bite on the arse as a wake up call just hope its not one of your kids who pays the price.

16. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

If he gets worst and you arent wanting to put him down, then highly controlled situations are the key.
    "Keep one if you must, but be careful."
    Although my boy hasnt biten anyone, i no he is not good around male strangers so i will chain him, my old bitch was HA and i would also conrtol situations well, no incidents

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  17. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I used to be one to murk a hound if he bit me ... I think BB helped me out with my questions a year ago... It sounds like he didn't grow up with you.. It sounds like he feels safe with the ol' lady and the kids..I think that his last owner who played the Alfa role treated him like shit.
    I'm not tryna give you advice on what to do but I don't think he will harm the bay baes.. If he so much as growls at the kids I say do him in.. But I doubt he will.. Sounds like he just need to be man handled and put in his place which you are doing..
    I will say if you got room outside to keep him at that's where he should be just in case..
    Lastly if he is too much for you to handle I'm sure someone else in this world can deal so just shoot me a pm and u can just send him to me...
    Good luck...

18. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

I'm not trying to be badass, simply stating I always got my blade on me I'm not a pistol packing dog whisperer like most on here. If he came at me I would stick him if it came to that. I guess I should be a troll and not post much. I plan on working with him, and being
    the alpha male, he's not too much to handle just needs some time and handling I believe.
    I'm gonna get the papers and see where he comes from and see if the kennels dogs have
    history doing this.

I think he was mistreated and went from pet to neglect and I got him and been showing him some love.

As far as the teenager with full ball statement, I guess since the breed has such a bad rep I should treat him like a loaded gun with a hair trigger. I get it. Thanks again for the responses.

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Before you decide to quit on these forums just keep in mind your getting the usual NOOB ass raping everyone gets. I got it the worst and their givin it to you good man. But look, take the advice people give, ignore some of the dickhead comments and youll be good. At the end of the day, these are people that know much more than me and you about the breed and they are just trying to protect their favorite dog breed for getting more media time. Stick in there, good luck with your dog as im sure you can make a turn around.

20. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

I learnt from reading posts before i started posting ya gotta have tough skin to post on this forum LOL.