1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Maliks Gr Ch I.B.M.

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Miss Conduct, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Anyone have anything down from him? If so, how are they doing?

I was going through some old YF&M mags, and was reading bout' him last night. He sounded like a good dog.

2. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

He sounded like a "good" dog? He's was much more then that. His match against Ch Nico was the both of them being 4XW going for their Gr Ch, he curred out Ch Nico. Nico didnt take hold and was counted out and Nico went on to become the more famous one of the two, go figure

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Ok good, was the wrong word lol. He beat Ch Willie as well, and i think Willie was more popular than IB. Anyone have anything down from him?

Im curious as to why he wasn't very popular, becoming a Gr Ch by 3 1/2, and with the dogs he beat one would think he would have been used more.

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Re: Malik's Gr Ch I.B.M.

LMAO well Yankee George twice and Yankee Greg once and he wouldn't take Ch. Gambler....
    Oh BTW neither would the Dog of the Year Ch. Doogie.

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Have the full storey on this ace as well as others, but this dosent seem the place to share it.

6. Scavani23

Scavani23 Pup

What a waste.

7. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Always sharing what could of happened.Gambler was no ACE my friend, whether he won one let alone the six matches in different areas that IBM did.Gambler beat who??? Where???
    Plus Gamblers best attribute was the Yankee Boys conditioning and handeling in thier backyard...
    Comparing Gambler to IBM some 20 years later is like comparing you as a breeder to Floyd Boudreaux...
    Did Gambler produce anything worth while besides your old war/wives tales???

8. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Gambler might not have been an ace but no dog lived to tell he wasn't. All of Gambler's exploits can be read in documented accounts. Take nothing away from Yankee Boys because they did a great job with Gambler but the breeder of the bottom side has never lost with the Red Devil blood. Sometimes when you compare breeders it's apples and oranges with the only common denominator being accomplished dogs and wins. Men lie, women lie but numbers don't…I honestly would like to see a comparison of breeder's wins, losses, champions, grand champions, por and rom dogs so the numbers can decide who is more accomplished. I'm still trying to figure out what Gr. Ch. IBM produced that was worth while?

9. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Who did Gambler beat that was note worthy?…Hmmmm the dog that beat Ratliff's Ch Butkus 4XW 1XL, that dog will not be able to tell that story and like every dog Gambler faced in the box none lived to talk.

10. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Numbers? How many wins for grch? How many for ch? Those numbers seem to tell a story. La pistola was talking about dogs not breeders. I could speculate all day about dogs that I could have whooped years ago, but all that is is opinion and speculation. I hang my hat on facts and usually don't need someone else to tell me what I think. This is not a game for hero worship.

11. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

La Pistola was talking about breeders, reread post #7 line 4 and you tell me if there wasn't a breeder reference? When owners of a dog refuse to go into another dog speculation is all what is left. The fact still remains Gr Ch IBM and CH Doggie both refused Ch Gambler. It's never about hero worship but always about giving credit due where credit is deserved!

12. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Gotcha. You are right about speculation is all that is left. But there are also two side of every story. There are sometimes more reasons than one for not going into one another.

13. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I agree but 9 times out of 10 the reason is because they don't believe their dog can win.

14. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Money is almost always the factor. Hard working man vs the dope game king.

15. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Exactly buick.

16. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I will agree with money. Most of us couldn't afford a 5-10k+ hunt if we had the animal to win it! Bet what you willing to lose

17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Best evaluation ive read, the famous Yankee boys,the Ironline IMPIRE and all of NY wouldnt back gambler the way they were in the Islands at that TIME. Safe to say if you didnt Compete in the Islands at that time, you werent competing agaainst the best.Two of IBMs wins were in the ISLANDS, all the way from NJ.
    Butkus was coditioned for two weeks as a pick up against Tom Ratliffs wishes and still hung with Gamblrer.Gambler didnt travel.Gambler was conditioned by the BEST.IBM and his sis Busy were the first and only dogs Malik ever conditioned...Iput The Yankee Boys up there with R.Greenwood,D.Burton,Barney Fife and Captain America as overall sense of conditioning, handeling and true sportsmanship...Maybe Malik was scared of the Yankee boys,IF SO that doesnt mean Gambler had the merrits or DREAMS of beating an ACE...WHY DIDNT GAMBLER ACCOMPLISH MORE???
    PIPE DREAMS>>>SMOKEY SCREENS HIDE FACTS...
    Back to some good ol ISLAND HISTORY, A charge by the name of JOHNNY LEE HOOKER was shown at a five card show and was rewarded gis for his INDELABLE loss.The dog made a name for himself and turned the ISLANDS on to his modest breeder,lol. Some famous dogs were shown that night included MAX4x, the
    other champion that got denied his grandchampionship by the ACE IBM...Unlike BUTKUS, These two 4xers were put in the best shape by the best in the islands and lost in thier own backyard...
    IBM beat two 4x winners in another country and one in another state to add to his six wins...IBMs rewards were bountiful...In a limited amount of breedings, IBM produced Basement Flavors champion Hawk...GAMBLER???

18. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

how many people and dogs are in those islands? Not many....

If your confident to bet big, why wouldn't ya take a small purse against known camp that will never round up big money? A win is a win.

19. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Sometimes the dog owner and backer dont see eye to eye. Its very rare the dog and owner have both the ace and the money to back that ace.
    So people come together in order to campaign a good bulldog.

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Another thing people don't realize is that he just wasn't bred that much and IBM was one of several winners from that litter. Depending on what you believe his ped to be those dogs have produced many just like him over the years. If you believe he is a doucet dog they are still rocking and rolling and if you believe him to be a Mingman dog, those dogs are still rocking, he was a rough hard scratching dog and just was stylish. Good mouth and game, and a lot of those dogs bred like him down from him or his relatives were of the same just IBM became the famous one. He was the ace, and all around better dog but the B-ment was full of similar style hounds who won and did things just like IBM did, just without his fame..