1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male pup inherit characteristic from sire

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by pitbull-kid, Oct 19, 2013.

1. pitbull-kid

pitbull-kid Big Dog

When a breeding is done, do you find a lot of times male offsprings inherit a lot of characteristic from the sire and the females pups from the bitch?

Or is it just me? Or do you fine it's equally 50/50 chance

2. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

I think it's just you.

3. I see that too

4. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

I think its jst you. THat is not the way genetics work, but it is how our minds work, it is automatic for s to think HE looks like SIre and She looks like damn. Physically it may happen more times than female looking like the sire, but mentally its all in the gentics.

5. He said inherits a lot of characteristics. You must need a third eye doc.

6. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

Inheriting would be from something genetic. Traits in genetics are passed along into offspring.How the genes come together is all up to how the dna connects. true males are more susceptible to get the size, muscle mass of a male. Bt this can also happen to a female. genetic traits are split evenly throughout each puppy( i think its 16 alleles from each parent) but im no Doc, and im not sure but i do have a slight understanding of genetics. And of course when you see litters they are so genetically varied so hell idk.

7. Lol dying over here :) very weak right now

8. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

lol, like I said. I ain't a scientist.

9. hi-tek kennels

hi-tek kennels Big Dog

Green light Green horn!!!!!!

10. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

well I do have experience breeding plants, and I'm familiar with punnet squares and genetics and stuff. So from that perspective I was right. You of course get throwback genes, recessive traits come through as well. The reason I said it was just him is because it is just human opinion.

11. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Males inherit a penis and females a vagina. That's about all I find universally true.

12. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

Well,lol i read about a hermaphrodie dog. i gotta look it up.

13. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

If it whelped a litter off itself then that would make for a funny pedigree.

14. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

gr ch Savannah ?

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Maybe you're being swayed by the fact that females have female demeanor as a rule. Males have male demeanor. It's not inherent, it's mere gender. As someone said.....genetics doesn't work that way.