1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Making a Slat mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, May 8, 2009.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Hell you aren't to far away lol! i could deliver! I'm building one for a buddy with 110 lbs. American Bulldog too , like an hour from your city!

And Stillwater I showed him your site and he's hooked so expect an order for you Big dog collars! lol he couldn't believe your site when he saw it ! He has spent $200 on shitty hardware and collars that break! so I recommended you folks! i showed him the stuff i got and he was impressed!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
  2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Need help finding roller blade wheels, 'Bulk' . Had a web site bookmarked the ones with messed up labels , cheap! But have lost it!!!!:mad: Wasn't sure if it was someone on here that recommended it!

Also i made the slats yesterday and they look great! i just need the rollers and i have all the material!

I switched to 10'' wagon wheels pretty much is what they are! And they look proper on it now! and i'll get the rotating speed i need

Thanks Buck!;)

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

4. glad i could help, my friend.

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'll be good for the next 3 mills I make! With K2 wheels all round pretty sweet deal! You found me Brother;)

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

7. haha... some bling eh? lol i do like those "astro" wheels...look kind of like those craigers from the old school. if you were making them to sell, i'd just go with the basic spun aluminum wheels (6x 3 1/2 deep).. much cheaper and they look good too, like deep dish wheels. i can't remember where i saw them but they were like $10 -15 for a 2 piece wheel. if i ever see them again, i'll hit you up.

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

9. i was talking about these http://www.gokartsupply.com/astro.htm you had the right link the first time. but those tri star wheels are okay too... i think northern tools keeps those tri stars in stock.

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Perfect! they look pretty slick too!! They are the best suited size for the stride of an APBT, the majority have 6'' or bigger wheels. But most have 6'' ones.

I'm putting the wagon wheels on this one and, the next one I'm trying them.

I have 4 to make. So I can make one lower to the ground or thinner! I wanted to experiment with slat sizes too, my current one is 17 3/4'' x 2.5'' x3/4'', I'm going to try different wood as well for the slats. I have a softwood on it now but I'm making the maple and cheery ones to test the durability, any problems with bounce in the slats them selves, do the slats have to be heavy or lighter? only time will tell I guess lol!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  11. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

That's funny because i was looking at those same wheels too. Making good head way there Buck. Looks like you maybe the next man to look for on the mills. I can see it now BUCK E. OWENS MILLS! I like the sound of that! YEA!:D;)

12. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

So what's the status on your projects guy's. As for now mine is at a standstill. With having our new baby girl all projects are on hold!

I'd still like to see where you guy's are at with yours tho!;)

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

14. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

BUCK WHEN U FINISH THAT MILL SEND IT TO ME AND ILL TRY IT OUT !!! ... IT LOOKS GOOD SO FAR !

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Lost a lot of hours at work. :mad:
    Paychecks are far and few in between! :( till business picks up here again !!!!

I need the two (15' x 2'' x 1/8th'') rubber strips, and 2- 10'' wagon wheels, and 48 roller blade wheels.

Just broke these days, but things are pickin' up a little here , so hopefully i can get back to tinkering.
    ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  16. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I would like to build a Retro one like Boogiemans and JBlaze's. they look compact and user friendly! I wasn't worried about space when building this Big-Rig!

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

InBearsMemory has a carpet mill I wouldn't mind building, I like how it flowed in that video of it i saw!!!!;)

come on post the plans Brother!!:D

18. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

LOL, I bought the plans of eBay quite a while back but since building my very first one I made a few improvements to it. It is still not as free spinning as I would like it to be but it works and its great for those rainy days or when it hits minus 40 around here and you can't take the dogs out for a walk. They still get their exercise instead of being bored on the couch.

This is the very first one straight from the plans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the second one. You can see the adjustments made to the rollers and the frame. This one is also a lot sturdier as I used thicker wood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

You are the man Big guy !!!!!!!! i wanted a carpet mill, it's easier than drag sleds for strength work out!

I just build a Jenny Mill so I'll post picks hopefully tonight!