1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Making a Slat mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, May 8, 2009.

1. cutt

cutt CH Dog

u makin some progress ..man...keep up the good wrk...its pretty nice of Smiths Bulldogs to shed some good advice..

and as far as the cigars goin...

I likey the SwisherSweet Cigarillo (no flavor)

2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
  3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'll have to try one one day they have big shops in the city but such a long drive there and back, have what the ma and pa stores carry here lol , but have friends that travel and pick me up different kinds to try with them lol:D

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Joanna sorry about the other day if i came off to harsh , i went back and read and felt bad SORRY EH!:o

5. if you like a mild cigar, might i reccomend a romeo y julieta vintage. smooth cigar with great flavor and burns a true white ash. i don't smoke cigars too often but when i do it's domincans and cubans only.

that's probably just a wood cover over metal rims. nice design too. that cut away back end prevents tail injuries. i'm going to use a very similar design when i build my 14" x 60" slatmill for the big boy.

the good things in life are worth the distance. ;)

i'm in a generous mood tonight. i usually i don't give out too many of my secrets. so you guys enjoy :D lol

6. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

There is no problem really !

Your work is very good, I'm very interesting how will your mill look on the end. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

7. here's a few pics and a video of my big boy. he's about 67 lbs (conditioned). as you can see, he has enough room on a 12" mill but I'd prefer to make him a bigger one some day. i'll try to post a clip of him tomorrow in action so you can see the difference in his performance. i like to use him as an example because this is one of the smallest mills out there and he's a pretty big dog (ast/bully crap in his peds) he's just a pet but i keep him in tip top shape as he serves as a guard dog during the nights...crackheads are even in the sticks. lol

anyways here's the 12" mill with "Deebo" doing his thing....

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mcveymic/?action=view&current=stridingshozz001.flv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for gamebred dogs...the 12" mill is more than enough width...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Damn Buck that mill is lookin better everytime i look at it! Tryin to revive mine lol!:D

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

that one you have you should shown me , you should show the folks its a good start model, i have 6 frames i can build a few cheap recycled material models cheap!!!;) but wait and see video of it workin then i'll be stoked to get a few more done!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I appreciate it generously, Believe Me!
    ;)

and I'm thinking of cutting it down to 16'' wide slats, now i can do it. with no worries.!

11. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Well here she is my project mill! :o

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Right on buddy that's awesome every time i see i think about build a replica !! what is your slat size Blaze?

13. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

I have to measure them this weekend today is my friday woohoo! So I'll get that info for ya just so much to do and so little time to do it in! Lol ha ha

14. Deebo taken earlier today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKlH3g6Nuc the camera sucks and it looks a little dark. i'll try to take one of him outside next time.

that's a cool vintage mill ya got there JBlaze. i'd like to see that thing refurbished. that's some serious rollers, what's the diameter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  15. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Ok Buck here it is the slat measure 14"L X 3"W wood slats. I wanna do the plastic ones let me know on those.
    [​IMG]
    The end guider wheel are 10" wagon wheeles
    [​IMG]
    those are DEF gettin up grade to some gokart rims I seen at Northern Tools & Equipment. ;)

The roller themselves look to be the old 2" metal rollerskate wheels from back in the early 80's, lol they still work but I'm prob. gonna go with some ABEC wheels of today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

lmao Damn Smith's Bulldog's i hope you have your own house that is a loud one lol. I wish had one tho!;)

17. lol nah, it's actually pretty quiet when the others run it. it's made for dogs up to 60 lbs but really ideal for 35-50lb dogs. Deebo fluctuates between 67-72 lbs. being as we have no carpet in our house the sound echoes a bit. it seems that passer-bys are cellphone happy when we work our dogs outside, being as there is a main road running in front of our property. i wish folks would mind their own f*cking business but they don't.

i had considered using those 2 piece wheels from northern tool being as they have a store close by. they also carry the axle mounting kit for $40 bucks (when starting from scratch).

18. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Yea I had seen a few what's the part No. Your talking about there's abunch. I'm try to figure out what setup I'ma use I work better with material right in front of me.

19. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'm ordering some parts for this one hopefully this week! The rubber stripping i can get to 15' rolls at the local hardware store, its just the roller wheels and main wheels left, I'm doing the slats i think this weekend while i wait for my parts "something to do!";)

have two choices of lumber but going with the wood i have the most of!:D