1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Making a Slat mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, May 8, 2009.

1. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

I think i may have the specs from the old Ciurios mills his belts where made out of 2" PVC 120 C x C belt , 12" slat that is 9/32" thick and the belt length is 123" . If i could up load the old pics here since i dont think he makes them any more . And for the wheel rollers look up skate wheel rail basically its a set of 2" steel skate wheel attached to angle iron . You could use go-kart wheels which are probably the best , or you can go with the wagon/lawnmower wheel like red river use's and cut a circular piece of plywood to keep the belt on track .

2. Bertus

Bertus Pup

To JBlaze:

I'm going for the conveyor rollers also. Then weld some hangup-points for
    the big wheels. I'm thinking about carpet because of the noise.

Can someone tell me the difference about carpet and slats besides noise?

3. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Why not find someone who works for an elevator/co-op they use conveyor belts for the elevator buckets.;)

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I know they recommend you not run a dog for more than 20 min. on a carpet mill, and they say you can run a dog as long as 1 hr. on a slat, something happens to the kidneys on carpets. but look into it for your dogs sake!;)
    There are more educated people on this subject you can talk to on here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  5. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

very basically,
    there is a great deal differance between carpet mill and slat mill.
    carpet mill has much more resistance and will build more bulk muscle/strenght.
    slat mill is free running, less resistance and will build lean muscle,endurance/wind.

6. Bertus

Bertus Pup

I will go for the slats then.

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I will have this frame built on the weekend me and my bud are gunna have it a go in my garage. Can't wait we will take pis the hole time

I have a buddy that does kitchen cabnets from scratch, so i'm going to get him to do oak slats for me and lacker them,
    the belt is going to have to be found before i can get it together tho

8. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a treadmill which we produce in Poland.
    I hope that you like it.
    e-mail: office@km.promotech.eu
    +48660682753
    +48857152117
    Price is 500,00 EURO + mailing cost.

9. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Those are very nice Joanna My little project is for myself but if I know someone who needs some of those I'll be sure to let them know about you guy's in Poland. ;)

10. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Hey Buck I may be hittin you up for some of those handmade slats some of the ones on my mill are about to go.:o

11. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

12. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

Are you from Holland too??

13. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

I have just replay for Devlin. Can you or he check his e-mail ??
    Or give me your e-mail here.

14. Bertus

Bertus Pup

First i'm trying to build my own but if it fails i might order one :P
    So what are the shippingprices for Holland because the mill looks good.

15. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

As I said for Devlin:
    At the moment we have the holiday at the work till Monday and I am answering you from the private account at home.
    As for the mailing cost - perhaps there is a possibility of the linked shipment would exist to Netherlands. Apart from the running track we produce other machines and we are sending them exactly to Netherlands. The closest such a shipment will be at the end of June, then the mailing cost will be really rather small and certainly very profitable. You would have to only get the running track back from our receiver from Netherlands. As for taxes I will learn of it and on Monday I will give you an answer. Think about it above the order since until the end of the June only 20 days stayed and you would have a chance to lower mailing costs.
    If you are interested to know how much the shipping cost will be if this will be the ship only to you I need your code place of residence for my carrier.

16. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

18. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  20. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

OMG really sorry for this... :eek: