1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

maintenence

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by poundAPBT, Jun 12, 2008.

1. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

so, unfortunately, my pup couldn't be squeezed into the agility training schedule at a nearby kennel. we stopped conditioning for now (until fall when we will get in for sure).

so, we've gotten this much conditioning;

30 minutes flirt pole
    35 minutes springpole

what would be maintenance for this?

2. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Not shure I understand youre question?? How old is youre pup???

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I think she's asking how to maintain the dog at her current level of conditioning for the time being? :confused: ETA: And her dog is an adult, I'm pretty sure.

4. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I think thats too much, it all depends on the intesity your dog works, 30 min of flirt pole would get my dog killed but i do 10 flirt pole ,10 spring pole, 30 min hand walk, 10 min obedicence and back to flirt pole, it keeps them interested and not bored.

PD: Keep flirt and spring pole low to the ground, thats somethign i learnt from feedback on this and other forums,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  5. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

Sorry for the poor phrasing...

I'm done conditioning. How much exercise should I give my pup to maintain her current state?

I know in sports I participate in, I condition, then I don't exercise as much in the season. Maybe I'll be running 5 miles a day at the peak of my conditioning, then I'll run 1 mile a day to maintain.