1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

MA - Pit Bull Limit Law Going to Voters

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by ReleaseTheHounds, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Mashpee pit bull limit bylaw going to voters

MASHPEE — An article will be placed on the warrant for the fall special town meeting that would limit the number of pit bulls an owner is allowed to have in town to one and would order the euthanization or removal from town of any puppies born.

Carmen and Melissa Shay, who, beginning in April, unsuccessfully fought their new neighbors, Brendan Lopes and Tiffany Mendes, from bringing six pit bulls to their Ashumet Road property, are the lead petitioners. The Shays got nine more than the necessary 10 certified signatures to get their petition article placed on the warrant, Town Clerk Deborah Dami said.

The proposed bylaw is modeled after one in Canton, Dami said. It defines a pit bull as any American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier or any mixed breed that displays the physical traits of these types of dogs, unless a DNA test proves otherwise.

The bylaw would set standards for care, sterilization, liability insurance, sheltering and euthanization for humane societies and penalties for violations, according to the proposal.

The special town meeting will be held Oct. 19, Dami said.

MATTHEW M. BURKE

2. This is disgusting by the way. The only reason this is up for vote is because a vengeful, spiteful woman could not accept that their neighbors were legally approved to have 6 pit bulls on their property. This vile woman is really pushing this law out of some quest for personal vengeance, so she can have her neighbors dogs killed. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a human because I have to say I share my species with someone like this...