1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lowell Man Charged With Cutting Pit Bull's Ears

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Aug 14, 2006.

1. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't have anything against cropping. But pony up the cash and take your dog to a good vet, even if it means driving out of your way to find one. Or leave the ears alone (and if you're a breeder, start including breeding for better ears in your program).

2. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

LMFAO!!! Oh man....coffee on my keyboard and monitor once again. I dunno, the guy sounds like a dirt-bag to me, but it is hard to find a vet that still crops ears in some places. There was a guy a while back in a different forum that posted pics of him cropping his dog's ears. It was in a dirty garage, but the instruments looked clean, and he had the dog under anesthesia........of course the poor thing was about a year old! One of my pups has full drop ears, and I cannot find anyone who does croppings in my area. Oh well....

3. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, the machete would have probably been better than the scissors. One quick blow.

J

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I didn't see anything to suggest that the dog was given any anestesa, or pain killers of any type. The guy just went to town with a pair of scissors.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Did you see anything saying that he DIDN'T use anestesa? Either conclusion could be jumped then CJ. Correct?

J

6. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

I agree about people having a "right" to clip their dogs ears...but I don't have to like the way it looks. and dogs are more than just "livestock." And even just livestock deserves better treatment than a lot of it gets. All you meat eaters should investigate the way your dinner is treated before you put it on the table..you might reconsider what you are eating.
    I do eat meat, I have nothing against hunting, but "livestock" in this country is not just a few happy chickens pecking around the farmyard or a steer gamboling in a pasture. They are raised in very crowded, unsanitary conditions, stuffed with antibiotics and some get fed growth hormones. I don't feel that animals should be treated like humans, but then they shouldn't be treated like machines either, even if their ultimate fate is to be dinner.
    Sorry to get off topic like this...I do not like the cropped ear look. I wouldn't support laws against it, but ...why do it? It adds nothing to the quality of the animals life. Spay/neutering does add to the quality of the dog's life. It always amuses me that men love to equate chopping a dog's balls off, with having their own chopped off.
    Well, if you want to use that analogy, why not think about having your ears chopped in half? And as long as we are talking about totally unnecessary surgeries, how about circumcision?

7. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

AMEN to that!! A dog thats in the box is there because it wants to be, when the dog crys or doesnt want to be there, he is taken out!!

That little pup was probably screaming bloody murder. Not only is cut ears ugly IMO, but i also agree that if you cant afford to take your dog to the vet, you shouldnt own one!!

8. NC

NC CH Dog

All that meat eater talk makes me laugh, you remind me of this lady the other night I had a run in with at my favorite eye-talian eatin' place. I ordered veal marsala and this lady I didn't know from boo turns around and read me the riot act about what an awful person I am for eating and supporting this horrible practice.. I really pissed her off when I said look lady its a cow.. not a pet, he ain't got much to live for. Die young and be veal or older and be hamburger still getting hit in the head with a sledgehammer and thrown on the fire. HAHA.. I thought she was going to get sick. And I am all for non circumcisied wing-wangs if thats what you want to leave your kid with.. but I like mine the way it is ..cut.

9. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

LOL im wit u 100%, it makes me really mad when someone feels its their duty to explain to me why i shouldn't be eating or doing something that they feel is wrong. My dogs ears are cropped and his tail is docked and i wouldn't have it any other way. The thing that annoys me is that i got charged over 200 dollars for a mediocre cropping, so it doesn't surprise me that some people resort to doing it themselves. I would never consider it because im just not qualified enough to do a procedure like that but i feel if someone has enough experience then go for it. I like both natural and cropped ears but it all depends on the dog and what the owner prefers.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

So am I to assume that you prefer non-circumcision? So now I guess you shall begin to attack my religion(that is why we circumcise). And with the meat eater thing,if you are a vegitarian(which you said that you were not), you would not have vegetables without animals dieing and fertelizing the ground, oh, wait, what about all the chemicals that your against. Oh wait...

Hey,, I just figured it out. I have been kinda thinkin' this for a while now, there ARE a bunch of Animal Rights activists lurking here as a hypocrite(actor) pretending to be a dog lover, but would prefer for animals to be left alone. Shame on you!!

And as to the 'better life ball cuts', am I to assume that you came to this conclusion because you gave up sex and your life is better? Did you get yourself sowed up?(because that is the only way that you could experience the better life of your spayed canine)More power to you. Personally, I love sex, and would not deprive any of my livestock the opportunity to enjoy a God given ability. And before you jump in, if the livestock is not worthy to be bred, it is culled. I have not the time, nor the money to waste upon an unworthy animal. Oh, the gotcha there didnt it. Sorry, I cull hard. That goes with animals, and that goes with dealing with hypocrites also. And just so you know, just because they are livestock, does not mean that I do not love them. Each and everyone gets their time with me.

Now, if you want to spend your time and money on unworthy mutts, then by all means spay/neuter them if that's your bag. Myself, I'd rather be put down than to have that part of my life taken away. ESPECIALLY when I was younger.

But I still love ya. And I would not infringe upon your right to eat grass with you nutless dog with the un-cut ears, and would not even rag you about it, untill you get in my backyard. Once there, you either jump the wall or prepare for the pain, cause I aint gona quit.

There was a time that I would have jumped both feet into this post, but alas, I am reserved in my old age.

J
    [​IMG] How you like that hack job?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

What do you mean its your religion...are you a Jew? And some states dont consider canines as Livestock...Iowa is one that does but many dont...and if your so supportive of DIY how many of your own children or friends children or families children have you delivered and circumsized...I doubt many... and trying to compare ear cropping to livestock and ear tagging and ball snipping and tattooing...those are all things done with professional experiance and proper meds etc...not on a beer box with scissors....whether or not he planned on using them for voodoo...thats just stupid come on think about that analogy...and think about how dumb it really sounds...if you cant afford to do it professionally then you shouldnt DIY because that is inhumane and cruel not to mention dangerous and in no way professional....so if your going to compare things make sure they are at least in the same ballpark....Livestock=Food....Canines=Not Food.....and also maybe you should think about why Vets dont want to crop no more....and why the price went from 85 to 185 in just years...maybe its not a real goods thing to do and infections and ear problems are too common...I think its a way to soon phase it out of popularity since there is no productive reason to do it anyway...right ...its just for "Looks" and if your doing it to a breed that is bred for gameness and not looks then whats the point in doing it anyway...for you own greedy benefit and ego...to look tough and cool...thats the only reason to make your dog look menacing...There is no other reason but that.... so you should be ashamed of yourself for living vicariosly thru your dog.....go get your own ears cropped then and quit living thru a mutt with a "bad Rep" that you wish you had...tuff guy....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  12. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I don't think its right that everyone says oh its not right to get ur apbt's ears cropped when u can look at many other breeds that still consider it a breed standard to have the ears cropped like the great dane, cane corso, presa's, and many other types of dogs. I think its very wrong what this guy did, but I don't think people should be bashed for wanting their dogs ears cropped, because it is ur dog and nobody else's and u are the one that takes care of the dog every day so why not have it look the way u wish.

13. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

I see nothing wrong with cropping ears as long as it is done right. Getting a dog fixed does benefit the dog. It will cut out the possibility of certain diseases. You are right about a dog being livestock. And you are being a responsible breeder by culling hard. Culling by euthinizing or getting the dog fixed is a must. Cuting a dogs ears off with scissors is not. But, like you said we can never believe the media. It just makes me mad when people like blackceaser say stupid things like , "What i'm gettin at is what is more greusome a dog getting is ears cut off, or a dog gettin slung around in a pit for 2hrs. Statements like this just proves your ignorance about our breed and its history. Please just educate yourself on our breed.

BoiBoi likes this.
  14. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

The guy just used a PAIR OF SCISSORS. Its fairly logical to assume he did everything else half assed as well. Administering anything other than ether can be pretty complex so I DOUBT he used any pain killer. No, I can't prove it, but I'd be willing to be a good bit of money he did NOT use anestesa. Both conclusions don't present themselves equaly at all.

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well dogman, for one thing my dogs very seldom leave my place. For two I dont like folks knowing I have them, so as for the ego pump of the ear crop thing, you "pop", ..hit that one out in left field! The same line of thinking is why they are trying to get rid of my dogs. "Who needs a fighting dog if fighting dogs is illegal". "Who needs ears cropped if ears being cropped isnt functional."

And please show me where I said anything about doing this in an inhumane way? Am I to suppose that you take your dog to the vet for all of it's shots? I been givin' them since I was a kid. But wait, some states it is not legal for you to give your own shots(Rabies), who gives a rats behind what other states do? It is your own fault for allowing those laws to be passed.

And why are you, misterdogman, so interested in what goies on between my legs and why? What kind of a sick freak are you?

As to the DIY comment, I know nothing of birthin' no babies, nor or circumcision, so I pay someone to do this. I know how to build a house, so I dont pay nobody to build it, mayby hire laborers, but not a contractor. Why pay someone to do something that I can do better?

What proper meds are used with the ear tagging? Never seen that done. Another thing, I have had more dogs ears clipped than ....well, I wont go there, and never had an ear to get infected. And never had to use antibiotics. Never had a vet give my dogs antibiotics, cause they never got infected. If you have dogs whose ears have been infected, mayby you were not keeping the dog in sanitary conditions, and the poop all over your mutts infected the dog, not the ear cut.

Wait..wait... I see, you another one of them there actors again.LOL You got me on that one! BAWAHHHHHHHHHHH Jokes on ole purple! That was a good one!HA HA HA AH AHHA HA.

J

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Ok, you got me on the scissors thing. I aint really trying to take up for this fella, just tryin' to have allittle fun.LOL. I seen everyone get jumped on around here, kinda felt left out, so I saw my oppoortunity and took it!! One of them days, ya know. At least you are using the onl head to show reason.

But I really see no harm in doing this proceedure if you know what your doing. If you dont, and are just guessing, leave it alone! How I see it.

And FYI to all reading this post. Last month I went and had 4 of my pups ears cropped, by a VET!! No tape, No antibiotics, No problems. Now, all you meat eaters take that and shove it!!
    J

17. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

And why are you, misterdogman, so interested in what goies on between my legs and why? What kind of a sick freak are you?
    Your the one who brought up your religion and circumcision...So I figured you were a Jew...if You dont want people to ask dont bring it up...and as far as my standards of cleanliness and keeping dogs ears clean when clipped....your a moron I am here talking about NOT CLIPPING a dogs ears so why would I have one on my yard with poo all over it if I dont do that to my dogs...dumbass.... think before you write...you accuse me of having that problem when it aint something I do and you sound like a fool....and as far as meds go and antibiotics go anyone whether owning livestock or dogs or whatever would have it on hand for any given situation...and to mention you not being prepared for an infecttion shows how prepared you are...0% ...because the time you do have a problem and you aint prepared is the day you realize how unprofessional you are...so quit callin the kettle black and understand your sounding more and moire stupid every post....There is no way you can convince anyone its ok to hack a dogs ears of with scissors and no meds or antiseptic or proper prep and whatever else...and by supporting the notion it makes me feel sorry for your dogs...and trying ot compare a dog getting its ear hacked off to a dog that willingly meets an opponent is a stupid comparison....do you think boxers or UFC fighters like it when they stub a toe or get a headache...no I bet not....but they still go in th [] to face another man and take 100% more damage willingly...its called gameness look it up...

18. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I went and had 4 of my pups ears cropped, by a VET!! No tape, No antibiotics, No problems. Now, all you meat eaters take that and shove it!!

I am shocked you didnt do it yourself....or call Negron over with his beer box surgery combo doggy bed...I took you for more of an adventurist...considering you supported DIY ear cropping 6 or 7 statements ago...why baby your mutts but condone anothers as being alright with a scissor hack job...and I bet you 1000$ the Vet gave you instructions and or antibiotics to keep them ears clean didnt he...so what vets are dumb to for being prepared for infections....your retarded and it shows your ignorance by admitting you yourself go to a Vet ...how can you support someone who didnt...so eat that whatever you are... vegetarian or vegan or whatever...whats up with the meat eater crap...you dont even eat real food...you eat what FOOD eats before we slaughter and eat them...

19. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

The pup in question did NOT have any "anesthesia" nor pain meds of any kind. A professional dogman does not stand pups on beer cartons & hack ears off with scissors. This dude needs to have his ears hacked off with scissors. There's absolutely NO excuse for this kind of crap.

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Let's get something straight. Despite the fact that some might agree & actually like home crop jobs, the fact is it's ILLEGAL! Not only is it considered animal cruelty in ALL 50 states, but in many states it's a felony offense. Also, in many states it's considered practicing a medical profession without a license especially if the person in question was doing dogs for other peopel. And this site does not condone illegal activity so let's make sure we don't encourage this type of animal cruelty here!