1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lowell Man Charged With Cutting Pit Bull's Ears

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

[size=-1]Boston,USA --[/size]A Lowell man has been charged with felony animal cruelty for allegedly cutting off the ears of a baby pit bull.

20-year-old Luis Negron was arrested Sunday afternoon at a home on Concord Street. According to the Lowell Sun, officers found the dog ears on an empty beer case that was apparently used as an operating table.

The crying puppy was found hidden in a baby stroller. Officers say Negron used scissors to remove the ears. They also found bloody surgical gloves, coffee grounds, glue and pens in the yard.

The injured animal and another unharmed puppy were taken to the Merrimack Animal Shelter. Police say the ears are sometimes removed to make the dogs appear more menacing.

Negron could face up five years in a state prison and a $250 fine for cropping the dog�s ear.

He pleaded not guilty to felony animal cruelty charges and was released on personal recognizance. He is due back in court on October 5th.

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_226134621.html

2. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Excuse me while I go vomit.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

not saying that it right but in the hood they dio that all the time. they even have it to a science. with all the medical equipment an all. So this does not suprise me....

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

WTF... I like natural ears anyway. And it aint that damn expensive to take it to a vet...

5. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

If you can not afford to take the dog to the vet. You should not own a dog in the first place.

6. Well the whey I see it as long as the dog is put under anistesia and treated properly go for it, not to mention if the person knows what he is doing.

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

That's terrible! Crazy bastards!

8. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I don't see how someone could sit on this site and talk about how bad there dog is and call someones dog a mutt or a curr. WHY? What is the undertone of just about every thread that is written on here? Gameness! All the threads in here are not talkin about a 50pd bulldog pullin 5000pds. What i'm gettin at is what is more greusome a dog getting is ears cut off, Or a dog gettin slung around in a pit for 2hrs. At least the dog getting his ears cut off will get some anestia. Not say either one is right but some of you all are talkin out the side of your necks...

9. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Pup

Well it seems most vets won't even crop ears. This is what happens. I still haven't found a vet in my area that will crop ears so I just gave up on it. I am now a fan of natural ears myself.

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

There was no mention of that dog getting anastasia from Negron...the culprit.. in the article..so why do you assume it did...and even if he had Lidocaine or something he is not a licensed vet or trained ear cropper and there is many wrong ways to crop a dogs ears....it has to be right to stay up and not allow debris to fall in and not hit a bad bleeder vein/artery...so if this guy is using scissors and a empty beer box ER bed...to just hack some dogs ears off I see a problem with that....I seen many a dog run to another to fight willingly but never in my 28 years have I seen one scratch to a pair of scissors ear first...when I see that happen I wont mind it but until a dog does it willingly having its ears cropped I think its wrong to DIY...and dangerous,.....

debodebo likes this.
  11. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Thank you! I dont care if you are properly trained to do it or not. Doing ear croppings on a beer box, with scissors is freakin insane! They should do the same to him and see how he likes it! Fighting is the history of our breed Black Cesar whether you like it or not, no matter how awful it may be. It is the nature of our breed. I can agree 100% that they will fight willingly, they dont need to be held down and forced into it. You gotta knock em out or drug them to cut their ears off. There is no comparison here.

12. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Yes, we do talk about gameness on this site. What does that have to do with being a scum bag and cutting your dogs ears with scissors. Their is a difference in a dog doing something willingly and being forced to have something done that is painful and unnecessary. Research the breed and you will find out that our dogs love to fight and prove their gameness. Even in a fight the dog always has the right to quit. That is why their where rules and a ref. It was the dogs choice to get in the []. It is not the dogs choice to have his ears cut off with damn scissors.

1 person likes this.
  13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

And I doubt they had antibiotics or anything like anastasia at all....I almost can see it now...someone holding someone cutting...they prolly didnt even tape then up or nothing....I would bet 100$ on it...

14. All I was saying if it is done properly and the dogs were given anistesia I have no problem with it. I know a few people that does their own ear cropings and they have been doing it for 20 years in their garage, but they use anastesia and know what they are doing. In fact I have seen some of the best ear crops done out of their garage.

The article sounded terrable, but It dosn,t give detail about what happened.
    and yes it sais nothing about anastesia and probally wouldn,t even if he did.

I Completely agree with you on the other hand You really need to know what you are doing . how to do it treat it and care for it. Most importantely where to cut and how to cut it. And Yes it should be done by a vet.

I personally would never do cut jobs myself and i like the natural look but it is personal prefrence.

I do know this is a touchy subject and I do not mean to offend anyone I am sorry.

15. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

There is NO reason to mutilate a dog's ears..other than owner preference. I like the natural look too. Why cut parts off a dog? It's expensive and even if a vet does it there is no guarantee that there won't be problems...
    The dogs do feel pain from it...I don't think it improves their appearance one bit.
    as long as it is legal and peopel can have a vet do it, though, I will just say I prefer the natural look, but some people tape their puppies' mouths shut and cut their ears off with scissors. That is abuse...

16. Now that I do not agree with at all. It is crule. I am not even defending the guy dont get me rong. That is all i got to say about that.

17. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I believe that if someone wants their dogs ears cut, so be it. What used to cost $85 at a vet a few years ago, now costs $185, so I can full well understand how someone would delve into this. I do believe that it can be doe properly @ the house w/no complications. I myself have had many dogs ears cropped, and seen the vet do it many times, watched it done. It is not a complicated proceedure. Ears are not taped to seal the wound, they are stitched. The only time they are taped is when the ears wont stand up properly, and that has nothing to do with the way the ears were cut, but the muscles of the ears themselves. I would not have used scissors myself, you can get an instrument called a laser scalpel and it carterizes the wound as it is cut. Did anyone see the job on the ears? Some people (not me, but some) will save the clipped ears of the dog. For what I dont know, maybe voodoo or something, I dont know, but they do. Just like some people who castrate a bull save the ball sack, so the clipped part of the ears might have been on the beer box to dry out. I dont know, but you know full well that the news will say anything to sell the story, so why is it so hard to believe that this could be the case here? Because you believe it is wrong to clip the ears?

You say a dog has a choice to jump in the box or not, but does the dog have a choice to get it's nuts cut? What about being spade. I promise you, you ask any man if he wants his nuts cut(maybe a few exceptions) and he'll say,"NO", yet to you it is the humane thing to do. Not for the dog's benefit, but for yours, to make your life easier, cause it is too much trouble to keep your female put up when in season.

A dog is a dog. They are livestock and should be treated as such. Have any of you ever dealt with livestock? Ears are tagged, animals tatooed, castration, and if I want my dogs ears clipped, so be it! It seems to me that some people here have bought into the humaniac way of thinking of animals inadvertantly. you read their junk in the headlines so much that you have fallen asleep and bought into some of the hype. Wake up and smell the coffee, it's time to make the donuts!!

J

18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I don't know what happend in this article. But i do know the people that crop ears use medicines to take the discomfort away from the dogs. I'm sure that there is alot of media hype as it would be if someone got caught having a fighting ring. Give me a break should they have gone to the vet. YES. But anybody that has been dealing with pitbulls or any other breeds that require cropping knows that people do that. Unless you have your head stuck in the dirt somewhere.

19. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Again i don't know about this situation but the people that I knew that used to do there own dogs Used antibiotics they used tape and badages they also used anetesia and the ears look better than some vets. It is what it is..Misterdogman you should know that with a name like that...

20. NC

NC CH Dog

Personally I like the natural ear look, but when I first started reading and learning about the breed..everything I saw was the dog's with the ears clipped so I thought that was standard practice. So when I got my first one I went straight to the vet and said shots..dewormer..etc.. oh and clip his ears. Vet refused to clip his ears, and I am very glad she did now because the natural look is 100 times better to me. But I couldn't imgaine holding that puppy down and going at his ears with a set of scissors DAMN!.. And sure they are animals and livestock gets tagged and blah blah blah.. But there is a right way and a wrong way of going about it. Trained or not.. you don't use scissors. Shit why not just hold the dog down and take a hack at his ears with a machete? I mean its just an animal right..just livestock.