1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Love your bad breathed, muddy, lap snatchin, fartin' dogs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LuvinBullies, Nov 13, 2007.

1. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

November 28th will be one year since we had Natas put to sleep (for those of you who don't know, she was our beloved senior bulldog). It's really amazing what an impact that dog made on my life and even one year later I'd give anything to have her snarf her bad breath in my face or jump on me with muddy paws or crowd the heck out of me in the bed.
    It's so easy to push them off your lap and groan when they are having an "I- must-be-in-your-face-and-show-you-mucho-love-right-now!!" moment. Almost every morning I say "go lay down!" with exasperation when they bump into me or slam into the coffee table on their way in from their morning romp. I holler "GO!" when they get in my face and give me their licks when I'm just trying to sit out back and relax and smoke a cigarette. I've groaned in disgust -and have even dryheaved- amidst stanky dog farts that rose up from beside the couch...then told the offender to leave the room after another gagged me.
    I guess it's a lesson to learn across the board...not to take anything (or anyone) for granted. I'd do just about anything for another afternoon with Natas, and I wish I'd appreciated her overcrowdin', bad breath havin', stanky fartin' self more. There was no other place in this world she would have rather been than rooted right up next to me...what high praise that was. Every minute with 'em is a gift, so remember the next time you got stanky dog farts in your nose it just really means you have an undying, loyal, best friend at your feet. With gas. :)

RIP Natas. We still miss you somethin' fierce ol' girl. We love you.

2. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Very nice post, puts things in perspective. I just gave my dogs lots of love after reading that. I got one that always right on my heels. If i move to different location while watching tv, she quickly follows and lays her head on my lap. As i am typing this she is peeking over the top of the sofa checking on me:). I cant imagine losing her, she is truly a daddy's girl. I hope Natas is enjoying the after-life. All we can do is just be the best owners we can. We all get mad and annoyed sometimes at our dogs. However, at the end of the day we wouldnt give them up for nothing.

3. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

That was a good read Luvin. Its almost been a year now that I let Envy go too. It doesnt seem that long ago the memories are still so vivid. Envy was the first dog I completely enjoyed. She was hard to get mad at. All the ones before and after tend to piss me off at one point or another. Guess she knew she wouldnt be here long and had to make the best of it. The rest just dont compare. I keep her memories fresh and the new dogs mimic some of her funny antics and that helps, but I really miss that dog. I dont take the new dogs for granted now for fear they too will be taken away. Thanks for sharing and for the reminder to cherish what you have now.

RIP Sweet Envy. You changed the way I see the world.