1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

NM: Lost dog found mauled to death in dogfighting ring

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Updated: 03/14/2015 10:09 PM | Created: 03/14/2015 9:32 PM
    By: Erica Zucco, KOB Eyewitness News 4

More and more stories have surfaced in the Albuquerque metro about innocent people seeing their family pets stolen and used as “bait” in vicious fighting rings. While authorities try to curb the crime and families try to protect their pets, there is another heartbreaking story a KOB viewer is sharing.

A Rio Rancho woman says her dog went missing for weeks but fortunately had a microchip. She says that recently, Albuquerque animal control called her saying they had found the chip and her dog. Unfortunately, however, her dog was found mauled to death in a dogfighting ring.

It’s hard to imagine how anyone would take a miniature Schnauzer for dogfighting, but rings have gotten bold, using anything they can for bait.

“Lately there's been a big rash of dog thefts and a lot of dogs being taken out of their yards, out of their people's cars, out of the store or a gas station or something… it puts all the pets in the community at risk and it also puts the people at risk because that's an elevated level of other crimes as well,” said Angela Stell of rescue group NMDOG.

Stell says she’s thankful to see the community stepping up to stop dog thefts where they can. Earlier this week, the theft of several other dogs sparked the mayor of Albuquerque to put out a $5000 reward for the thief. Authorities are working to curb the crimes.

In the meantime, Stell has tips to keep your dogs as safe as possible.

“These folks are casing different neighborhoods. Keep them by a visually locked and blocked fence at all times, set up motion lights to help deter people from sneaking around, security cameras are great,” Stell said.

She says spayed and neutered pets are also taken less frequently since altered males are perceived to be less aggressive and females can no longer be used for breeding.

[​IMG]

Lost dog found mauled to death in dogfighting ring | KOB.com

Updated: 03/14/2015 10:09 PM | Created: 03/14/2015 9:32 PM
    By: Erica Zucco, KOB Eyewitness News 4

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I wouldn't have any respect for someone who would steal another person's dog and use it for this or any other purpose. But I don't always believe what I read in stories about dog fighting.

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i think this is propaganda . not to many people want to get caught doing this . everyone is against it . these stories made up to push their thinking on people . the bait dog thing was thought up by the HSUS . i remember the story real good and it was a lie then just like it is now. yes you do have stupid people that will do it because they hear it on the news that is what is done .

4. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Irresponsible owner let dog out and got mauled by strays. It is propaganda, although I do believe this does happen this doesn't add up.

5. bushwick

bushwick Big Dog

The story is the same typical lie they started over 30 years ago.
    Lol theres a massive bait dog hysteria in my county and all I can do is laugh about it since I know most everyone with bulldogs around my way, NOBODY steals or uses other peoples animals as bait.

6. JenteVA

JenteVA Pup

I know right, Bushwick. I see cases in the media where someone clearly slashed a dog a gaping wound with a knife or anything sharp. Gets labeled as 'bait dog' and everyone accepts it without giving it any thought...

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

This is similar to what I wrote in my other post. Most of it is propaganda and some become true due to these type of articles and false information that impact young inexperienced newbies messsing with dogs who believe this false info and turn it into reality. Or it could go as far as a SET UP by extreme animal rights activist that will stage this type of shit to fuel there cause and futher there agenda. Mostly all the media is bought out and CONTROLLED but yet people still believe everything they hear on tv or on the internet.

8. alucy0210

alucy0210 Pup

Very sad story.

9. david63

david63 CH Dog

IT BS the Humane Society wants to drum up money for there cause. it takes a lot of money to buy votes in Washington DC