1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking to hunt something with my female

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by bamarammin87, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

go out at night and find coons for her to tie up with thats a blast. I have a pit boxer mix that looks just exactly like her same color pattern same head shape and size is she a mix? Try findin some coons she shouldnt have much trouble with em if she is aggressive when she catches em. Maybe try to find some possums first. They wont run a trail but if you see one on the road and get her to chase by sight she will catch it or run it up a tree. Have fun good luck

2. flame

flame Pup

any dog can catch a hog if it is in a caged area try open forestry where ur dog cant see the pig and it has to find it of a truck that is more fun than watchinga dog get bashed in a fence... 1 dog 1 pig

3. I actually think she does have boxer in her! thanks.

I can't wait to try her out on some animals, she's going nuts chasing squirrels/bugs/anything that runs. She's not gun shy either.

4. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Big Dog

you need to try her on a young hog or pig in a controlled setting before a wild coyote if her "play" drive is mistakin for "prey" drive she may actually become the prey just a heads up.... ps coyotes have a nasty dirty mouth so if ya do huntem start with a clean dog and medicate any wounds soon after...

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah there is a vid called one man one dog, thats a good dog, forestry is easy, try thick briars and yer dog is down the bottoms and on the other side of a creek.lol you dont get there in time, well,that dog will be in bad shape

6. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

oh yeah.lol those pics are of baydogs in a bay contest, not the the wild, but you can imagine when those baydogs get gritty and aint got the mouth or ass to hold on, the one in the 3rd pic is rank rank,he was hell,took way more than a catahoula to hold that dude

7. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

coons,squirrel,armadilos,possums,rabbits, birds,hogs etc. any walk in the swamp or woods will let you encounter these

8. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

trash breakin the dogs prevents these dealings,especially with livestock and deer, one occasion no bs yotes jumped our strike dogs before the catchdogs were cut loose, next thing you kno they all played nicely together, and the damn hood dog brought back a fresh mohawk of a boar, I guess that was the only piece he could grab, dam dog brought it back,and looked like he wanted to say "SEE?", yotes will help bay, theyll be there by the time you get there, unless theyre are many, so the strike dogs will concede..fine by me, the old man gets em in the winter with greyhounds and staghounds.

9. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Go and find the biggest Armadillo you can, If your dogs are anything like mine then theve probably got some big ass caverns dug out round the perimiter of the chain. Drop the dilla in the hole and theyll have a blast trying to get it out. Armadillos are strong as shit and can take alot of abuse. its a good way to train up Pups for Hogs.

10. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

mine crunch armadillos like hard tacos:D