1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Slat Mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by DRog, Jan 1, 2016.

1. DRog

DRog Pup

Looking for a slat mill.

Price

Picture?

2. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Does it have to be A slat? Checkout the post on carpet mills, A top quality slat is expensive to build, very time consuming, that being said I have built six, one is just over 40 yrs. old. I haven't built one in years but just guessing just materials would be expensive! Check out the video on the carpet mill A few things I would change but not much! I have seen A carpet turn just as free as A slat! Check it out!

3. DRog

DRog Pup

I already have a carpet mill.

4. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Oh OK then you know what you want! R. Lemm showed me I'm A welder / machinest good luck.

5. war machine

war machine Big Dog

There's a thread that a member here has slats he's built on it. I be live it's the "wood working" thread. His slats looked awesome

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

The one I have was made by a guy named Mike George. I had it for at least 15 years with no problem.

7. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Live wire T I think makes them. He a member

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Mike was in NC then, not sure if he still makes them.

9. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

My 40 yr. old is still running smooth! That being said it sounds louder than hell! Just replaced all the slats about A year ago, the Teflon belting still looks great! How are those rubber coated wheels working?

10. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Mine has steel wheels.

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

12. hwm

hwm Big Dog

Lemm did build one fine mill. How'd you get along with him, trot? He was right down the road but a obnoxious personality with very few friends locally. I saw Corn straighten him out a time or two. Lmao

13. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I actually got along with him OK, and I know what you mean, Bobby didn't take a lot from ANYBODY! I'd just let him run his head. You heard of the convention he held in the Alvin High School Gym??? What A bust!!! The next day they found over 100 pistols in the school pool and under the bleachers! LOL

14. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

A lot of matches went down in that bar in downtown Alvin! 2 AM the table's and stools were stacked and A break down box was set up sometimes 3 or 4 matches! LOL A tight group invitation only! They had A big painting of Tuffy on the wall!

15. hwm

hwm Big Dog

Lol. Bulldog history at it's finest. More Dogmen per capita than any place else if you included Houston. Even Carver couldn't stay away. Lol

16. hwm

hwm Big Dog

Tuffy was a freak, no doubt. Up until he and Oslo Negro ran into Cajun Ike

17. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Give gambler a call. The craftsmenship is second to none and great customer service to boot. I've had mine 4 plus years and it only gets better as the work load increases. For the price you won't find a better product. Even if you decide to build one yourself. The time, material and trouble shooting to build one yourself does not balance out unless you have build several mills in your lifetime.

18. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Gambler. Price isn't bad for someone on a budget looking for quality. He's got that $700 or 800 BOSS mill and the entry level for $1200.

20. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

TROTLINE are u still near That area?
    and can u still make a R.L. mill. He was good people to me tough on u but far. I met hem through his son he saved my ass a fue times from them bulls.