1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for sbt

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by hannibal, Nov 30, 2010.

1. hannibal

hannibal Pup

I'm looking for sbt female pup coming from working stock. Post what you have or any info on how to get some of the best stock out there would be greatly appreciated.

2. riffraff

riffraff Pup

youl; have a job mate they are there but you aint getting no one that will broadcast it if you do ill have 1 no joke

3. hannibal

hannibal Pup

I can understand that. Im in the states and I own apbt's myself and would love to own sbt, but I only want the best, and I have no idea where to look as I have just started to do research on them and I have already weeded out a lot. I am a true dogman that own true apbt ad would love to do the same in a sbt. thanks

4. riffraff

riffraff Pup

GOOD ON you mate we need some proper dog men with the breed as they are a wondeful dog just the direction they been bred for too long has been wrong but to get back to a proper staff you would need an outcross with a pbt then get that to a 1/4 staff/pbt to get to a 3/8 pbt 5/8 staff and then find some other people in the future to keep the bred going.You might not like that idea but they more or less the same dog as you know just been bred for different reasons so good luck n you ion the right place to get some top blood back in them

5. hannibal

hannibal Pup

here are some of my dogs

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      72.5 KB
      Views:
  6. hannibal

hannibal Pup

a few more of em

Attached Files:

• 100.JPG
      100.JPG
      File size:
      155.9 KB
      Views:
    • 145.JPG
      145.JPG
      File size:
      152.8 KB
      Views:
    • 125.JPG
      125.JPG
      File size:
      158.1 KB
      Views:
  7. zuidwest

zuidwest Big Dog

some clean cut dogs you got there

8. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Speak to 12 Gauge.

9. hannibal

hannibal Pup

Thanks you

10. hannibal

hannibal Pup

Thank You

11. hannibal

hannibal Pup

A few more

Attached Files:

• 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      81 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      64.7 KB
      Views:
    • 094.jpg
      094.jpg
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  12. redbill

redbill Big Dog

im sorry riffraff but i disagree totaly with what you say about adding APBT blood to the stafford. its not the way forwad with the staffords. theres still some good staffords and fellas breeding them right if you know were to look.

13. hannibal

hannibal Pup

Well that's what I'm trying to find, the good one's, so far I seen about two guys with what I believe to be quality dogs, I'm not 100% sure but from the looks of things they are. All these people looking at the post, when is somebody gonna help a fellow dogman out?

14. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Good post.

15. hannibal

hannibal Pup

Well my thought on the matter is that either could be helped by the other. From my understanding is that it's not much of a difference other than our stock was bred here in america, but the original stock that brought the apbt about was the same thing as the sbt. So imo if your breeding for the true qualties these dog posses it dosen't really matter i believe it could better both breeds. now when your breeding for the wrong things, thats another story. No offence to anyone but it's just like the irish that came to the states that bred to only other irish for years and years. They are still 100% of Irish decent only american in name, and that goes for blacks, as well as latinos, and sicilian's, indian's. So if they were to breed to someone 100% of their kind even from there mother land offspring would still be pure and 100% IMO and the same thing apllies to the dogs. A proven apbt from proven stock to a proven sbt from proven stock= more stock that will prove it's worth. Same formula apllies for sbtxsbt or apbtxapbt

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  16. zuidwest

zuidwest Big Dog

right....:dogdrink:

17. riffraff

riffraff Pup

there is if you can find them then its getting one which is even harder thats why i dont think ill ever get another as i had a little 1 about 28/30 pound more like a tiny pbt he was extremely loyal intelligent athletic strong he had everything but to find 1 half as good would be a challenge but to get a good pbt where he lives is alot easier i even live in staffordshire n i aint seen a staff worth feeding for years

18. riffraff

riffraff Pup

sorry double post

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
  19. hannibal

hannibal Pup

Well I have good pits, thats not even a problem. I was fortunate enough to meet some good people and aquire a few good pups from good stock, and the rest is history. They are doing well and producing well. Now I look to do the same with a sbt. I have been around dogs since a little kid, and particulary pits since about 9 or 10, so I know dogs and have an eye for them. Part luck and part knowing what to look for= you aquiring good dogs. Even past all of that, how you raise them and bond with them will go a long way in their development and ultimately how they will turn out no matter how they are breed.