1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking for recommended breeders of pure blue nose apbt pups NO BULLYS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by brooklynboy, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah a good chain is actually more room than almost any kennel,most of my dogs are on a 12 foot chain,with the exception of one idiot I have that likes to eat her shade tree,I had to shorten her's down a bit. But there's actually a lot of room in that circle,sure seems like a lot when i have to rake it,lol

2. oh i know that my neighbors pit once chewed threw his collar and got loose one night as i was walking home i found him because he ran up to me and started licking my face( this is the dog i watch when my neighbors go on vacation for them) but at first i thought he was a stray and almost shit my pants till i realized his spot on his nose that he has so i picked up like a baby and brought him back to his house

3. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I wouldn't leave your dog outside all day if you have the type of fence anyone can hop in to your property. The chain is a great way to contain if you want to let the dog cool off from a workout or if you have a good property where nobody can see your dog. There are many people that will steal your dog, poison it, or just dumb people that will hop your fence to pet the dog.

In my opinion if you have a 4 foot tall chain link fence around the yard and the public has easy access to the yard or they have good visibility do not leave him on the chain unless you are home awake.

4. i never plan on leaving the dog outside without me there in the first place i know how people love to see a pit get taken away so im not going to give anybody a reason to do so

5. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

This is what I am working with at home, 6 foot fence all around my yard is gigantic. I only have two neighbors one on each side, behind the house is preserved land. Guess what? I still had some little swamp rats hoping into my property and had to call the cops on them and file a police report. I won't take any chances leaving the dog outside because something can happen. The only time the dog is outside is when we are home and we can see him through the windows to make sure he is alone in the backyard.

[​IMG]

6. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

That little white dot is my 75 pound dog by the way lol

7. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

This is the house I used to live at before I moved to the big property. The chain link fence does absolutely nothing, thankfully my dog is lazy as hell and never got any ideas. But we were always worrying about our neighbors trying to pet the dog through the fence or kids jumping in to get their balls. All it takes is one incident and your dog is gone.. :(

[​IMG]

8. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

He came to see me at the pool!

9. yea i dont have a lawn or fence that big at all which is another reason why i wont leave the dog outside unless im out with him

10. would anybody know any kennels in new york, new jersey, or Pennsylvania that breeds pure ADBA pits?

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

id be here if i was you...

Tri-State APBTC (NJ)
    Saturday, September 15, 2012

735 Route 40
    Woodstown, NJ 08098

The Tri-State APBTC will host 2 conformation shows and 1 weight pull on Saturday and 1 conformation show and 1 weight pull on Sunday at the Salem County Fairgrounds in Woodstown, NJ. For further show information contact Frank 201-951-0138 or Michelle 646-316-1376 or email Tristateapbt@aol.com

*CONFORMATION JUDGES:
    Saturday AM - Rita Greene
    Saturday PM - Gary Hammons
    Sunday - Michael Looney

*Due to unforeseen circumstances, judges are subject to change

12. once again lee thank you for the helpful info i will be sure to check it out im going to be in jersey for the weekend anyway so it is perfect

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i wish i could make out for the show, alotta great people to be met there, but im in the midwest...thats a long drive

14. yea and you get to see the dogs in person as well instead of just having to rely on what you see in pictures online

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

A good collar is definitely as important as a good chain.I usually use Stillwater collars but I did pick up 4 seatbelt collars from G.H. that seem to be good,I forget where he said he gets his but I like them too.Here's a pic of one on a 9 month old female pup I have.I didn't finish the ped because i didn't want anyone think i was on here peddling.Just showing a pic of her collar is all.Don't know how to post pics so I just put a ped link http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=354887

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats a good looking dog GH...i didnt even look at the collar LOL

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

"Alrite alrite ill bhave................shit!" Lol

18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Thanks,she already is fired up.She's a opossum killing maniac,lol I get sick of finding the nasty things lol.And acting good for a 9 month old, going after anything that moves :-) I paid Gary $10 each for these collars and I really like them.

19. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

@brooklynboy just curious.. if you like your neighbors dog so much why didnt you ask them to point you in the direction that they got their dog from?

20. they got him 3 years ago off a family friend who had puppies i had asked my parents if i could get one back then but i was only 16 and they said no plus i was no were near as responsible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.