1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for game dog activities. What else is out there for competions?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by drakesbullies, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am new to the APBT Community I truly love the breed I have two at home and I am looking for some type of competion events. I dont agree with dog fighting I see alot of posts talking about it but what else is there please help me along with what I hope to be a long and interesting friendship for me and my dogs Thanks

2. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

There is a sports and activities category that you might want to browse.

3. Thank you for your input I greatly appreciate it.

4. You've made it perfectly clear you don't agree with dog fighting. The forum doesn't condone it either. It is a historical part of the breed though.

With that said, from some of your other posts, you're setting yourself up for one at your house. I sure hope you don't leave all them dogs out unsupervised. While you're there is one thing, while you're not is just flat out irresponsible.

5. There is always someone at my house and in the case that there is not I always put pups away in there kennel and I put one of the pitbulls away when I am not home. I still do not agree on the fighting aspect we are all a family in my home my and we take care of one another. I know you do not condone dog fighting. I have game breed dogs and I could not be happier with them I thought the bully looking pit group was unfriendly now I am wondering if it is just most pitbull owners. every one passes judgement on the new guy. Sorry for my long speal I just love this breed I talk it up all the time and I would like to be part of a group who shares that same outlook

6. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

APBT owners are just like everyone else,there's nice ones and there's turds.We all have to decide which group we're going to belong to,lol.No one is passing judgement or talking down to the new guy.Just giving good advice.APBTs do not need doggy friends but they're your dogs and you can do what you want with them,I suggest a breaking stick be handy at all times though.I agree to a point about the bully owners and I wouldn't take advice from them at all,but when someone that owns and handles several bulldogs on a daily basis and isn't having yard accidents gives advice,you might at least consider taking it.I also love and respect this breed,but I try to have a realistic appreciation for it,instead of wanting to change it.

7. 1916

1916 Big Dog

You don't have game bred dogs, you just have APBT's. I wish people would stop saying that shit. Did your dogs sire and dam prove themselves to be game? Obviously you are against your dogs trying to prove themselves to be game.
    Not all American Pit Bull Terriers can be called game dogs, not all of them came off of game stock. So stop calling your dogs game bred and just call them APBT's.

8. Yes my dogs Sire ws Lukane and mother is Hills K-9's Hellfire they proved them selves Hellfire Sire was Frisco and Lukanes of course was Mayday so yes I do have a game breed dog.

9. Thank you gh32 I do have one in dining room at all times just in case. I am not saying that I dont take what proven individuals have to say for granted I do disagree with somethings though. If and when I get my next female she will not be with my current female due to my current female being slightly female dog aggressive. Thank you for your input I really appreciate it

10. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

lol!!!!!!!!

11. What's slightly confusing is the fact that you say how against dog fighting you are, and rightfully so it's against the law, yet you are spouting off how proud you are that your dogs are off proven stock LOL. Can anybody say ironic besides me?

12. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I can state that its ironic, but as more experienced owners of the breed I feel as though it is up to us to educate one by one, as they come along, individuals who have been infulenced by the media and society in general, to embrace erroneaous opinions of the pitbull community in general, even as they take it upon themselves to become responsible owners, that is the only way that we can add to our numbers and not marginalize fledgeling new memebers to our community.
    That being said drakesbullies, I invinte you to read between the lines and critically browse through the vast amount of information provided here and synthesize your own original views on our community, one that you have chosen to become a part of, which I think is an excenllent choice.

13. I am not proud of what my dogs heritage is I am proud that he is well breed as in good pedigree and I am proud of him he is a great all around dog people and dog friendly.

14. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Drakesbullies didn't we already discuss this? Why would you go and let yourself get baited into an argument that you will not win? Just give it a rest and concentrate on what you came here to do, and what you came here to do is to argue these types of issues.

15. Icepick

Icepick Banned

If you are not proud of your dogs heritage, why did you buy dogs off proven stock? I know not all bulldogs are bred for gameness these days, and thats fine (I guess.) But why didnt you just buy from someone who puts gameness low on their list of "what traits they are breeding for," instead of seeking out a game bred dog. This is beyond ironic, its confusing to me. It would be like someone buying a 630 horse power Shelby Cobra, and then say they do not condone drag racing, or even going fast...
    By buying/owning a game bred dog off proven stock, whether you want to admit it or not, you are in some degree supporting your dogs heritage.

16. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Ok, so in your opinion, what makes your dog's pedigree good cause you are so proud of it

17. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

You can't get a better answer than that!

18. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I think he got the message. But thanks for only setting him straight while ignoring suggesting any activities or competition events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.