1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a true game bred pit

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by viegas703, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree with you on that

2. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

ya some those blue mouf gator dogs ???? :rolleyes: i heard their prety hot right now :D

3. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

Look in the forums section, Shows and events in your area. Attend a few, look at the dogs, and ask some questions. Hope this helps you decide what you are looking for.

4. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Shortbedder has good advice travel a little look long and hard. It will save you some grief. Do some homework( old threads on this site is a good place to start) because there are alot jerks who will sell you shit and call it sugar. Believe me I know! Wasted alot of time and money due to ignorance on my part.

5. Elysium

Elysium Pup

Other websites list the APBT as game bred and the other "style" pit bulls as Bullies or whatever..but Game bred is not a look or phenotype. It should only be used by people in certain circles. Far too many phonies use that term loosely online.

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Maybe so, but there is a Game Bred type... And I call anydog with a lineage that backs up to solid blood to be in the "game bred" category, even if its 3 generations removed... Like Ch Badger bred dogs, he was a show dog and ONLY a Show dog, but do you call his offspring Game bred when they go back to the FB blood? Of course you do.

If C.'S CH Blackjack him self was on every single sire line (all 8 spots) in the 4th gen and every dam slot in the 4th was of a Redboy Jeep and Eli bred bitch, there's not a single person on this site that wouldn't call that dog a Game Bred dog... I swear, yall will jump on anybody... Maybe he didn't use the right words and terms, maybe he didn't ask about things the right way, but shit, I'm with WarDog... But I understand woody's point too....

7. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

I understand woody's point i just think they are outdated thats an old way of thinking the phrase "united we stand divided we fall" keeps coming to my mind.

I would rather let anyone who wants to know about game bred dogs know all i can share with them isn't that what we should be doin? If the old timers did this more in the past maybe just maybe people wouldnt believe all the stereotypes about dog fighting like to the death and everyone that does it is a drug dealer or mistreats their dogs or to make a good fighter you feed them gun pounder(always hated that one). I mean it usta be a gentlemans sport.

8. Phillip

Phillip Pup

I agree to a degree.

If someone's first post is similar to the OP's, I would reply with sarcasm. It often appears to be about approach. Knowledgable dogmen need to help those who are younger to the breed but ONLY if they are willing to put in the time and work IMO.

I am very new and spend about 2-3 hours a day reading new and old posts. Using the search function. Reading other forums. I think this just boils down to the fact that dogmen are willing to educate IF they feel the person is here to stay and trying.

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I highly appreciate the positive responses everyone. To clarify things i never asked anyone to find me a dog, more like to help me get in the right direction. All i see around VA and the DC area is overweight bullies. Nothing against them, i just dont want one. Im trying to help the breed not ruin it, i only came to this website because it seems a lot of people are very knowledgeable of the breed. I hope no one took my original post the wrong way thinking im trying to quickly buy a game dog and use it for the wrong purposes or end up giving em away because i could not handle him. Just looking to get all the information possible and buy a quality representation of my favorite breed. Im sorry for MY ignorance when i used the word "game". To be honest with you guys i didnt even think dogs were tested in the pit anymore so i was using the word "game" to describe the kind of pitbull i wanted because it seems they come from reputable breeders with very good bloodlines( ive dont a good amount of research on different blood lines). Sorry for the ignorance, not trying to offend anyone. If anyone does mind me asking, how are the newer strain of colby dogs? i really like the way they look and have read a whole lot about them, but havent seen too much on the colbys of today. Again, i dont want to fight a dog. thanks

10. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Believe it or not, i read the site all the time. all the old posts and i use the search as well. I also looking at pitbullforum.com a lot as well, i spend a lot of time daily reading on the breed. Sorry for the way the question came out, though.

11. weirdjack

weirdjack Pup

look chuck simmons my bad viegas 703 you wont a game bread dog man i cant belive how bad you wont to kill pitbulls must be a lot of mony in it for you iam game will that do come on

12. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  13. does any1 know where to find sum cottinham blood, i'm n south carolina

14. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Well maybe i stand corrected i mean now it doesnt sound like you need a game bred dog it sounds like your just lookin for a petbull with papers which you should be able to find anywhere and i would imagine they are all over the dc area if i were you id take shortbedder's advice.

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

and you have no idea who is behind that screen name either. wierdjack is good people

16. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

your right got to put in the work

17. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

hey viegas703 u shuld get urself a few copys of the adba gazette,google pitbull kennels.some websites have alot of gud info.alot of breeders r also willing to talk to u n give u gud info.DNT BUY THE 1ST DOG THAT IS OFFERED TO U EITHER.take time n make calls,email people n if u can travel to sum shows.u'll also get ALOT OF GREAT INFO FRM THE PEOPLE ON HERE.theres alot to learn bout this breed,being a responsible owner n choosing a dog that is rite for u.gud luk.u shuld also read the pitbull bible.its a must!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  18. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

I dont have eons of experience but i know enough, and without knocking the guy some people take the wrong aproach from the start.
    im not the only person that jumps on such a post and drops the bully thing for a bit of fun and thats all it was, anyone who is used to me on here knows im a shit stirrer and thats it.
    he bit back and i bit back harder. no harm intended.

to the op. dont look on the net in places like this to buy a dog, use it as a research tool to get the info on the dogs you like and work from there.
    if you want to weight pull look up some dates of some registered shows and go check em out. great way to see the different lines of dogs and make a n educated choice rather than bullshit from a peddler. once youve gone to a few you can get to know the people and the dogs and then you have your foot in the door.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

good advice csotelo

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

alotta times youll find its not so much what ya ask as it is how you ask it.;)