1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a game bred staff

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by s.murf, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Yas

Yas Big Dog

hahahahaha

2. rikjd

rikjd Pup

3. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

coons are good way for staffords to get rid of stress
    [​IMG]

4. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

Hey 12'r is that Betty?

5. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

LOL No Surender that is one of my bullmastiffs.I was just joking around

6. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

yes that's her B

7. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

Crazy Horse,hello mate.Do you know working terriers,lurchers?you MADmofo.lol.

8. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

Hey rikjd,ive got a springer spaniel and a Patterdale terrier,freinds with lurchers.Those springers are something else eh?Total all-rounders. 12gauge,nice pics.Love that Game,working dog pindown,hold stance!

9. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

yep ive had a lurcher or 2 in my time wiv varying degrees of success and i have a patterdale thats so far off the wall he lives with my parents he is one crazy mofo :eek: great worker but has to work alone :confused: the old man thinks hes great every one else reckons hes the devil in dog form :D

10. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

CR,what types did you run?A lot of peaple i know are using using Bull x's as there's a lot of deer around.Ive just watched a great fox coursing dvd.Hancock lurchers on the Moors.They clock charlie over a mile away and catch!My mates just got a Harris Hawk that likes lamping!

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

i had a deerhound greyhound x collie greyhound no drive wouldnt look at even a bunny total failiure tried to savage me while i was feeding him so he was a cull age 4:mad: whippet x lurcher great dog 1st class day n night took all legal preban:) pure whippet wouldnt retrieve just ran off n ate the lot lol:confused:pitbull greyhound only wanted to fight:mad: otherwise good dog preban;) good worker till he got loose n jumped one of my american bulldogs while i was away:( as you can see i never made a lurcherman so i quit em for good , tho i had a hell of a time trying and could fill a book or 2 with my comedy of errors:D

12. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

sorry for delay,i watched the ufc fight.you've had some dogs eh!Ive found the collie x's soon lose their prey drive when worked with bull x's which every1 seems to have nowdays.They dont like getting bumped of by stronger dogs. I wouldnt mind a nice whippet i could just pull-up,fuck it out the van door!my mate said up north thats how they work their Harris Hawks!the're bold as brass. How big did your American bulldogs go?My mates got an olde Dorset Bulldogge.Ugly as fuck!He jumped-up at me and got lairy so matey gave it a flurry of body-shots Tyson would have been proud of and the dog didnt even flinch.just farted and waddled of! Them lurchers are hard work eh?You have to go through a pile of shit till you get a good un!Weve got hard flinty ground to. I bet you did have the crack though?Id like to read a book by you,thats why i called you a mad mofo the other day,youve got a funny way with words.

13. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Ive had a couple of whippets and they both turned out poorly , one was just as timid with rabbits and foxes as he was with people , so he turned into mums dog! The other was decent when young but when he was about three he got a whooping from a feral cat that was his size and he was never the same. He would give chase every time but even if he got a bump from the fox or even one of the other dogs he would simply stop and give up. even seen him running the oppisite direction as the hunt and hiding in some sods paddock.
    When the same Dam of both dogs was crossed with a stafford the pups came out awesome, full of fire and the gamest little dogs we had besides our foxies and jagd.

As a kid they saved me from wild dogs twice while out bush. And i never ever saw them act tired or ready to give up no matter how long the day was, they could still keep up with any prey over reasonable distance given their size.

14. blanch

blanch Big Dog

i had a whippet staff x until about 6 months ago when he was pts because he broke his leg,he wasnt the fastest dog but he was the most agile well co-ordinated dog ive owned.

he could do some really amazing things,he once jumped through (and into) the window of my dads car as he was driving to work,he'd often climb tree's right to the top.

he was a good dog r.i.p alfa

15. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

Lol evryone who knows me calls me mad and now i know why its my funny way with words ;)
    i had a johnson femal 80lbs a real man stoppin nut job:eek:
    a male johnson 100lb that i gave to a friend he wasnt enuff dog:confused:
    a female hines type, grandaughter to hog hammer 65lb very nice natured all round but if a dog jumped her then best fetch the shovel n start diggin :eek:
    as fer lurchers never agen apart from the accidents they caused me to have and my total failiure to train any of em bar one , i decided for the sake of my sanity to leave them to those who understand em ;)

16. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Is there any pics in this thread?? What does one look like?

17. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

Game:eek:Bred:eek:Staff
    that's like saying "I'm looking for a good board to use as a tennis racquet"
    Just get a tennis racquet!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  18. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

Crazy horse.AKAcesar millan.my god you've had some dogs.counted 7 on this page! The whippet x staff does blend well.Not surprising though as both dogs were developed in the same region by the same sort of peaple,the good ole working class! Hey junkyard,it'll be good to talk about dogs and hunting in OZ sometime? you all takecare out there!

19. culabula

culabula Big Dog

id say both of them (whippets and staffs) carry each others bloodlines if you were to go back enough-the rabbit coursing that whippets were originally used for sounded like it took more than a pure speed merchant(20+ runs per evening) i.e dogs running on sore muscles again and again

20. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

There are some lines of working Staffs, StaffBulls, IrishStaffs, BullTerriers... , but I don't think that they will give you a dog.