1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a boston terrier or min pin 4 christmas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lrk, Dec 1, 2009.

1. lrk

lrk Big Dog

My sisters little girl is wanting a puppy for christmas. So anyone that may have what she is looking for contact me by pm close to va tenn line or will drive to surrounding states need one by christmas morning. Thanks

2. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Please be sure to do your research before getting any breed of dog. :) Know what you can handle and what you cannot handle. Have you tried the shelters? There are alot of purebreds there.

3. lrk

lrk Big Dog

She has done her research and these are the two breeds she is looking to get. Shelters isn't an option in this case as she is wanting a puppy for her girl to grow and bond with and would like a little history and or insight on the background.

4. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

PETS SHOULD NEVER BE BOUGHT FOR KIDS AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENTS EVER :mad:

5. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Wow! Ya know I'm just trying to help my sis try to find a pup for her daughter. If you can't offer any help or have nothing positive to say don't reply!!!! Christmas pets are no different than any other day people get a pet if they are ready to take on the responsibility!! I have the utmost faith that this one will be well taken care of as she has a 17yr old cat that's treated like a queen. But I guess she is irresponsible since she wants a puppy for her daughter?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
  6. Michele

Calm down:) All opinions and options are being given to you.

She wants history on the breed? If so, this should be done way in advance so that you know if the breed will fit in with your lifestyle. If I'm misunderstanding what is quoted, I apologize in advance.

7. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Michele I'm calm nothing meant toward you I know you mean well . By saying history and background I mean as to where said puppy is coming from parents temperment etc.... She has researched and the boston is number one in her ideal dog for there lifestyle the min pin is second and its only second because of the experience with several friends who has them and the temperment that has been displayed.

8. Michele

Thanks for explaining. :) Until you find a reputable breeder, just check out petfinder. You never know. There might be some boston terrier pups up for adoption. Do a search on their site just to see.

I just searched New York on Petfinder for boston terrier pups:
    http://www.petfinder.com/search/sea...eview=&animal=Dog&age=baby&preview=&zip=10005

They are out there!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
  9. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Thanks will pass on the info to my sis.

10. dunga

dunga Big Dog

get the bostons have two .much more athletic and fun

11. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

Why don't you think so? Because of the age of the child?

12. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Absolutely correct.

13. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Firstly, bringing a puppy into a home or family during the hustle and bustle of high holiday seasons is not only unfair to the dog, but to the humans involved. Pups deserve time and attention, especially when they first come home, and having to vy for attention with the new XBox, the in-laws, and the turkey burning in the over is damned unfair. Plus, it sets up the dynamic of pet as just another disposagift. Want to give a dog, pet, whatever? Fine. Buy the crate, buy the bowl, the leash, the training lessons, the urine-off, some books on the breed of choice and give those items for Christmas. Then, when you all have time, clear schedules and clear heads go about finding the dog that fits the little girl's personality and the family's experience/time constraints. When I worked the retail pet trade years ago, the pets that always seemed to come back quickest or whose owners asked to put up "free to go home" flyers in the store were those purchased for special little boys and girls on Christmas, Easter, you name the holiday. So, I'm with OldTymer on this one, pets are not appropriate "Christmas Gifts." ALthough I am sure that there are many exceptions to this sad general rule and I'm sure we all know a Christmas Kitty that has had a good home for twenty years, why not just take the time and go about this eight to eighteen-year commitment the right way. And as usual, just my opinion based on my own very limited experience.

14. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

It make total sense.

15. peppapig

peppapig Banned

wasnt there a show on tv not long ago with pugs or bostons or sum little thing like them breeds.....and they were known for taking fits and seizures with a life of vetbills n med's???

16. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Actually that's a great idea to buy the supplies and all for x-mas first!!
    after x-mas looking for the perfect puppy might be a better idea cause then the majority of the chaos is over! great post!!