1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Look here

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 14rock, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Vador

Vador Big Dog

No not nessacarily its just its a gamble when you mix breeds with strong personalities. I would hope no one would tell you right off to have them all put down. But obviously proceed with caution. I've not heard of boxers being an aggressive breed or too many that are dangerous for that matter. Also depends on your neighbors dog and his individual personality. I've heard of many bull boxers turning out to be nice pets. But again its all in individual personalities. And this is a matter you have to decide on using your best judgement. I'd also be talken to your neighbor and getting some answers.

2. Pit Blldg

Pit Blldg Pup

I had a boxer from european stock (not the ACK screwed kind) growing up, and was around a lot of working boxers. For the most part they are great working dogs without the doberman, german shephard, rotty edge to them. Once in a while you do get an overly protective/territorial biter. So a pit/boxer biter is a possibility. Or you may just get a friendly super hyper dog. Its a gamble.

Mine was attack trained and hang like a pit when he get a hold of something. But I would let him run around off leash in a big city playing with kids and nothing ever happened. (This was in another country and I was a little kid so . . . . don't do what I did) I think that speaks volumes about the breed.

Some f@&*@n moron stole him and fought him. We recovered him 3 months later covered in scars but he remained a friendly, kid-safe dog.

3. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Interesting story pit...never heard of a boxer used for such things. Anythings possible.

4. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I'm not for breeding out of the breed into another but people outcross bulldogs and pitbulls into hounds all the time. The bulldog breeds add an edge to the hound and its also how you make a plot hound. In fact some hunters around here have what I call Bullhounds and they will get something. Hunters will use it if it hunts but if not it will be shot. Go to the hogdog websites and they cross pits and American BD all the time. It might piss you off to see this cross but the dogs go to work. If you look at it from a different point of view they just gave the bulldog or pit a better nose or gave the hound more drive but if you do all the research into the pit bull and in the bulldogs used for game sports they had hound in them anyway. Does anyone know how to make a bulldog without using pit bulls. This book and its an old one my friend has shows what was crossed to make what we have today! So the pit bull is a dog with many crosses its self. I would love to have the time to cull all the crap and try all the crosses to make a real bulldog from scratch but I have what I need already. Point! have a purpose if you outcross into another breed and cull the hell out of it cause you will be stuck with mutts!!!

5. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

you will be stuck with mutts!!!PERIOD

6. dora

dora Big Dog

welll there is really nothin i can do now....i have tryt o talk to the neibor and asked for support they just laught and shut the door....either way i will do what i have to they are some beautifull pups...here is the site with there pic...i believe one is going to be a albino..and a dog you don't or can't get papers on is basically a mutt either way!!
    http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid6194639

7. Pit Blldg

Pit Blldg Pup

Stolen = It was in another country in the late '70. There were no pits there at the time (otherwise I would have had one) so people used other breeds, just like they still do today.

Protection = I don't know what folks do with boxers in the states now days (probably just house pets), but in europe they were a working breed and were used for protection work.

As far as pit mixes for hunting, the best one I've seen is a 1/2 pit, 1/4 neo, 1/4 dane = bandogge. The dog looks like a minuature 90lb dane on steroids, agile like a cat, and is one bad @ss boar dog.