1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Look Good???

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

Does his body adn everything overall look conditoned good or bad???

[​IMG]

2. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

he doesn't look conditioned...

3. B

B CH Dog

Healthy but definately not conditioned... He hasn't missed any meals :D

Regards,

B

4. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Appears to be fat in the picture.

5. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

you dont need to miss meals to be conditioned. (dont give people the wrong idea)

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

And Big Papa, he does look healthy, and way better than alot of other peoples bigger dogs (they keep them fat to look bigger). I have a friend that does that. :(

7. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

point taken......
    Im sure B was just kindin' though- ;)

8. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Yeah, fat and healthy but not conditioned...

PS - Is he a bandogge? Nice lookin dog, looks like a Neo X Pit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  9. B

B CH Dog

Er... I was joking. Obviously conditioning your dog doesn't have anything to do with missing a meal. I was politely saying he looks overweight. Unless he's just a pup he should have his food intake cut a bit. His stomach doesn't tuck at all.

Regards,

B

10. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Over all, he is a beautiful healthy dog! Not in bad shape, but not conditioned. Here's what a conditioned APBT looks like...but looks don't make a dog....
    [​IMG]

11. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

thats a good lookin dog

12. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

""""looking""""

13. KnottyBoyNC

KnottyBoyNC Big Dog

lol, yea he LOOKS but i dont know anything about him/her..........

14. king dobe

king dobe Banned

that dog look fine to me, but hasnt got great muscle definition, not to take anything away from him, its a good lookin dog

15. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

IMO more walking or better yet if he can fetch to have him doing sprints back and forth will realy help with more muscle deff. his neck needs to tighten up a bit also, try tug-a-war.
    all in all nice dog!!

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

isn't that too skinny seeing his rib bones or is that actually good.

17. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

don't know why but my dog is a lazy butt.........he wont bite on anything........or do anything.........people say he's a laid........but i've been trying to work him out lately still he acts the same

18. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

For a apbt to be true to it's standard..you should be able to slightly see the ribs when they stand still, and a tad more when they walk or streth out. But you should not be able to see the hip bones sticking out. also, standard wants to slightly see the ribs on the topline(notice the ridges on chinamans topline), but just barely. Check out chinaman, the perfect example of the conditioned apbt, and he's proven himself worthy!
    [​IMG]

19. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Have you tried a "hide" attached to a flirt pole? a real hide might get him in the mood...otherwise does he like to swim? what does he like to do besides lay around? i would do roadwork w/him..start slow and feed high quality dog food, but cut your food back a tad bit, but not too much since you'll be working him more...

20. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Looks like he has spent a few to many nights on the sofa, after a fat meal. Still pretty dog