1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Look at this

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CB, Apr 10, 2006.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

it would depend on the type of training this dog has had,,dogs do not automatically protect people on their own,,they have to be trained for this,,dogs will protect an area "turf" and attack out of suspicion,,maybe these guys in their uniforms with equipment spooked the dog.

3. jankab

jankab Top Dog

I agree w/catcher, but I also feel if that dog was just being aggressive he was more than capable of actually attacking those surrounding his owner, he had more than one opportunity. The dog backed off when they backed off.

4. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

I can't watch vids on this computer. But from the sounds of it, the dog was protecting his owner. I haven't trained Lexas for protection, but she still protects me. Trust me there have been a situation with certain juvenile delinquents in my area where she has come very close to biting one of them. The only reason she didn't is b/c I was quick enough to snap her back before she made contact. They havn't bother me since though.

5. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I know from first hand experience that dogs are able to sense injury to their master, and try to protect them. I was on my way down the stairs from my second floor apt, when as usual, the lady that lived down stairs didn't have her pomeranian on a leash(why do they not leash those little pieces of crap?). Well, that dog saw us coming down the stairs and started running toward us barking and growling. Naturally my dogs started to go down the stairs faster than me, so I jumped down to catch up and the inside of my shoe caught the edge of a stair and rolled my ankle, which broke my ankle. I fell to the bottom of the stairs in pretty bad pain. My dogs circled me and whined, and only barked as people came close, not in a menacing way though, until they got real close, and they were still wagging their tail. I had to crawl back up the stairs and put the dogs up before I called my friend to take me to the hospital. Worst part of this was ridding to the hospital in a car that had been lowered too much with a broken ankle. Dogs protect their owners, this has been documented, proven and well known by amost.

6. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

That's true. I rarely see people leash those little Sh*ts. Do they think that they are exceptions to leash laws b/c their dogs are small? That's why so many little dogs get killed by bigger dogs...IMO

7. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I don't agree with Catcher when I was younger my uncles yard dog held off a bull from charging me. Small bull but I was like five. I think the dog was scared and there was a lot of noise the only thing that was secure was it's owner and it wanted to try it's damndest to stay by his side.

8. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

That's great, your pitbull tried to bite a juvenile (delinquent or not) and you're defending her actions? These dogs shouldn't bite people, any pitbull owner will tell you that. You want a protection dog, grab a gsd, malinois, rottie or a dobe, but not a pitbull. If you're dog tried to bite someone once, it'll do it again, maybe next time it'll try it on a child.

Man biters shouldn't be praised.

9. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I think the dog is simply protecting its owner, which dogs will do by instinct. Not all dogs be any means, but some. The dog is not being 'human aggressive', or he would probably be attacking the people. He knows his owner is hurt, and is trying to defend him. Warning off the people. I honestly think my dog would do the exact same thing as that dog. The dog obviously did not want to leave its owner.

10. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

I was referring to the comments made by TruPitLvr.

I agree with you about the video, the dog was, IMO, doing its job.

11. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

i think the dog was definitely being protective of its owner. it probably sensed that he was in danger/pain, and naturally became defensive.

12. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I also know from personal experience that a dog most definately senses when someone is injured or in a tense environment and will protect that person without ANY training. Training most definately is not required for a dog to protect it's owner. Especially one in distress. In the canine world many dogs are killed by other dogs because they are in a bad way. Dobermans are a good example of a dog that will go to great lengths to protect property and family and have great sense of when a threat is being issued without ANY training what-so-ever.

One reason I highly doubt this particular dog had any advanced training is that the owner was trying to get the dog to leave, a trained dog would have a command for this and would have listened to what it's owner wanted.

13. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Wow, so your dog is human aggressive and you're boasting about it? Not once in your post did I read that those "juvenile delinquents" did anything to you. So what I think you mean is "My man biting cur made sure they didn't bother me, even though chances are they would've left me the f**k alone anyway"?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2006
  14. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

dogs do not sense when a human is in danger,,they act out of reasonable suspicion not out of logic,,they don't have that ability,,why do we protection train?,,they are trained to stop a car jacker,,a man with a gun and sent into houses after an assailent,,they do not do this on their own,,they just dont have that kind of logic,, they protect themselves and their territory and that is it,,if u are their master why would they protect u.

15. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I was referring to the original post, I agree with your comment. This breed especially does not need people boasting and proud of them being aggressive.

16. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I think the dog was protecting his owner. My female is like that with my son. I think if he was being aggressive, he would have attaked someone.

17. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I saw this at work for training. He was protecting his owner. Dogs sense danger and he was doing what he thought was only right.

18. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Yes he looked like he was protecting his owner because he sensed he was in danger and hurt and i am sure my dog would do the same thing. (i am not trying to boast but just being honest).

19. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

IMO if that dog was really out to hurt someone he would have done just that. Protecting his master was all it was JMO.

20. japangame

japangame Big Dog

I have never protection trained any of my dogs. But yet if someone comes near me with bad intent, i do believe they sense that. They protect on there own. My friend is in a wheel chair. He never protection trained his dogs, and if you are to quick to approach him, she will stand in front and protect, but never bite. Why is that. Thats not territorial. That is love for the owner. that is not spooked. I have to say that the dog was protecting its injured owner. That is instinked. The pack of wolves will protect its wounded. They are not protection trained. JMO