1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Look at this LOL

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CB, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2006
  2. Attila

Attila Guest

simple answer. Because they are not just covered with hung papers the dogs are not pure bloods at all. Also because it is the right thing to do. Dna Profile on a mutt is worthless and there would be no point to do such test. See the name remove them or change the name of the breed of the dog. Never said it was going to be a simple or fun task but if the kennel club is worth a dime they will do it.

3. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

I don't even think there needed to be a confession about dogs being mixed in. As someone else posted on another thread the registries must also be in on it becasue just by looking at those mutts it's easy to tell they've got something else in'em, so now I'm thinking the registries are all about the money too.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

Now that my friend is the real deal. All about money. That is why we charge $15 for registry and I cull any member with a bs dog. Not only are they about money they don't give a crap about the breed. As long as the papers come with green backs they file them and go to the bank with a fat smile on their face. I have been to so many shows lately and seen dogs that don't even resemble APBT's and look damn near strait up ABD or Bull Mastiff. 120 pounders. You would think your at a tractor pull.

5. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

Dave has said that he used AKC, UKC and ADBA bred dogs and they were from different lines. They were still pit bulls or amstaffs. I have an AMSTAFF that weighs in around 115 lbs and he is definitely a pure bred Red nose.

So why are we trying to get him banned from registrying his dogs as pit bulls with the UKC? If it is not your cup of tea to say then leave him alone. He does help trmendously in the BSL fights and has always been honest with people. As far as the money if someone is willing to pay that price for his dogs who are we to judge him for that?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought AmStaffs couldn't have red noses?

EDIT: From the AKC website

7. Does anyone have any infomation on pigment coloring that can clear this up. I hear this every day. I,m not big on the subject , but I know there is alot of people on this boad that does know alot about pigments and how they work domance and all.

8. simms

simms CH Dog

I agree.....

9. WINSTROL

WINSTROL Pup

Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo............
    Them May Be Bulldogs But Not Pit Bulls By Any Means Jmho

10. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

They are not preferred but there are some Red Nose AMSTAFF's around. Most of the AKC people just dont like them for whatever reason. I happen to have 2 that are red nose and registered AKC.

Here is a picture of the other that I have. This is Angel:

[​IMG]

And yet another AKC AMSTAFF without a black nose. This is Queen:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  11. Has anyone even read the article that Dave supposedly admited to mixing his dogs??? Because I have....and it says nothing about him mixing his dogs!!!

Here Read for yourself!!!

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/102006/10082006/227623

Bad reputation Are the breeders to blame?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=210 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><SCRIPT src="http://hits.fredericksburg.com/storyads/storyadnew.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><TABLE borderColor=#306593 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=207 bgColor=#306593 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD height=27><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Featured Advertiser[/font]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>

<TR><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <!--------------------------------------added 5/25/04. Code to allow admins to edit cutlines & add image properties - Alex--------------------------------------->

<!------------------------------->

Jimmy Garza of Cali Edge Kennels sits with Kimo, an American Bully. American Bully breeders say humans are responsible for creating fighting dogs many people call 'pit bulls.'
    Photos by MIKE MORONES/THE FREE LANCE-STAR

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <!--------------------------------------added 5/25/04. Code to allow admins to edit cutlines & add image properties - Alex--------------------------------------->

<!------------------------------->

Handlers show American Bullies in the young male category <LINE />at yesterday's show at the Fredericksburg Expo Center.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <!--------------------------------------added 5/25/04. Code to allow admins to edit cutlines & add image properties - Alex--------------------------------------->

<!------------------------------->Visitors take photographs of Ryan Gowler's American Bully, Ziggy. <LINE />Gowler, of Phoenix, Ariz., was representing Hypnotized Minds Kennel.

</TD></TR>

</TBODY></TABLE><!-- Local --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Who's to blame? Humans or pit bulls? Back 2 Bullies Convention spurs debate

Date published: 10/8/2006

<STYLE type=text/css>p { font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; text-decoration: none; color: #000000; text-align: justify; background-color: transparent}</STYLE>By MICHAEL ZITZ

Beloved dog actor Petey from "The Little Rascals" was a pit bull--even though the famous ring around his eye is said to have been fake, courtesy of Hollywood makeup artist Max Factor.

Many therapy dogs and search-and-rescue dogs are pit bulls.

But so were the dogs that killed Dorothy Sullivan, an 82-year-old Spotsylvania County woman, 18 months ago.

The Back 2 the Bullies Convention that attracted an estimated 2,000 dog enthusiasts to the Fredericksburg Expo Center yesterday offended some area residents with Sullivan's death still fresh in their minds.

State Sen. Edd Houck, D-Spotsylvania, one of the sponsors of a Sullivan-inspired measure tightening dog laws, called hosting the convention in Fredericksburg "really poor taste--insensitive to the tragic nature of Dorothy Sullivan's death here in our community."

But Dave Wilson, the Spotsylvania man who put on the convention, said its purpose was to promote the American Bully, a larger, more mellow dog that he said takes the bulldog and pit bull back to what they used to be considered--family-friendly pets.

"It's not a pit bull show," Wilson said, although there were some dogs there that breeders described as pit bulls, and some vendors were selling pit bull T-shirts.

Wilson called Sullivan's death "a tragic event."

He said it pointed out the need to stop irresponsible breeders and owners from turning dogs into weapons. And, he said, it underlined the need to keep all adult dogs on leashes.

"Any time you have grown dogs running free, that's a recipe for disaster, no matter what the breed," he said.

Wilson, 35, is one of the American Bully Kennel Club members who helped start the breed. He said it was an effort to directly respond to the bad things irresponsible dog breeders and owners have wrought.

In recent decades, he said, the American Pit Bull Terrier breed was corrupted by some breeders and owners who crossed it with other breeds to produce fighting dogs.

"It got into the hands of the wrong people and was used for the wrong purposes," he said. "I didn't want a fighting dog. I wanted the look of the dog, but not the attitude of the dog.

"My dogs are different--big impressive dogs, but real mellow and laid-back," Wilson said.

Spotsylvania Animal Control Warden Willy Tydings, who had a booth at the convention, agreed there's a big difference between the American Bully and the kind of pit bull bred to fight.

"This dog here [the Bully] would probably have a heart attack if it got into a fight," Tydings said. "It's too big and fat to fight. Fighting dogs are lean."

Tydings was on hand with John Goodman, deputy manager of animal fighting issues for the Humane Society of the United States, to pass out fliers and talk to people at the convention about a new effort to stamp out dogfighting.

"Dogfighting is to blame" for many animal attacks today, Goodman said.

Tydings said he suspects that the dogs that killed Sullivan had at one time been used for fighting, but can't prove that.

Goodman said dogs bred for fighting are usually a mix of bloodlines. He said the American Pit Bull Terrier itself isn't particularly aggressive, but when other breeds, such as the Labrador, are bred with it, that can be a problem.

"The Labrador is high-strung," Goodman said, and a mix of Lab and American Pit Bull Terrier can produce a powerful dog that gets overly excited and bites.

"Fight-dog breeders are the ones who perverted the pit bull," Goodman said.

Many argue that the typical family pit bull is not at all dangerous. They lobby against legislation they said could "outlaw" certain breeds, simply because of human irresponsibility.

Maureen Hill-Hauch, a Chancellor woman who is executive director of the American Dog Owners Association, pointed out that there are no pit bulls listed on the current Spotsylvania dangerous-dogs list that warns residents about pets that have attacked people.

On the list of a dozen dangerous dogs owned by people in the county and posted on the Internet by Spotsylvania Animal Control are two Akitas, a bulldog, a Chesapeake Bay retriever, a chow mix, two German shepherds, a shepherd mix, two Rottweilers, a Rottweiler mix and a shar-pei, but no pit bulls.

"But I've never seen a headline that said 'Akita bites girl,' " Hill-Hauch said.

She said the press is too eager to write headlines when they hear about a pit bull bite, because reference to the breed has become unjustifiably inflammatory.

Also, the term "pit bull" is widely used for many different breeds that are stocky, have big heads or have a ring around the eye.

"'Pit bull' is a generic term," said Lisa Peterson, director of communications for the American Kennel Club in New York.

Hill-Hauch went further.

"There is no such thing as a pit bull--there is no such dog," she said. "We don't know what a pit bull is."

Hartwood dog trainer Paula Thomas was at the convention with a flier that showed pictures of 25 different breeds often referred to as "pit bulls," and defied anyone to identify the one American Pit Bull Terrier.

She said her own pet is a rescue dog that is a mix of breeds but considered by some a pit bull.

Thomas pointed at another dog in the hall and said, "That's also considered a pit bull, but they're nothing alike."

12. Also if anyone wants to read What Dave actually went through to show a positive side for ALL US fighting BSL right now!! Read on....He wrote this on the Elite Edge Board....

And below is a post he wrote about the whole experiance during the weekend....I think he fought for what he believes in, how many of you would put your own money, time, health, & determination into it?

Thanks to everyone who supported the event and breed...
    Let my start by saying thank you to all of you who came out and supported the event, we all made it a success!
    I’m sure there are a lot of things that didn’t go as planned, or go perfect, or as expected. If so, we apologize for that.
    I will say the event changed the public perception of the breed and us its fanciers. That was proven, all in all, that was a huge step in fighting BSL’s and negative perception. I will explain.
    A month before the event began I got a call from the city of Fredericksburg stating they needed to meet with me.
    I was told that they did not approve of my event, events of this nature were not allowed in their city, and they were going to cancel it.
    First, I never knew the Expo center was in the city of Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is actually a few miles away, but before they built the shopping center that the Expo is within, they had the city limits changed, and that area included within that city. The developer actually had the pull and power to change the zonings? Anyway, it’s irrelevant to most of you all; but, there is a huge difference between Spotsylvania County and Fredericksburg City. Just to clue you all in, I believe Fredericksburg hasn’t realized that they lost the Civil war yet?
    I checked around to see what affect it would have on our community if the event was canceled at this late time.
    I found out that so many people had booked flights, rooms, time off from work, etc...
    We had people flying in from Italy, Malta, Thailand, Japan, and the Philippines.
    The EE had also spent a lot of money that would not be returned.
    To make it short, too much money had been spent to back out.
    Now I knew the fight would be on, but I kept it real quiet from everyone to keep the fear factor away.
    Everything that could have been done was done!
    They tried having Animal Control stop the event. They tried the Game Warden. The pulled a bunch of different permit rules. They tried to deny my permits. They had the local press, which they control write bad articles. They rounded up picketers. They out pressure on the Expo Center and did everything they could to get them to cancel it. The Expo Center even offered to give me the $25,000 we paid them back. They came at me with addendums that stated if I didn’t agree, they would have the right to cancel the event.
    I had battles with the City Council, I had battles with the Police Dept, with Animal Control, with the Game Warden.
    I had to pay an extra $4000 for added security. I was forced to by metal detector wands. I was forced to pay for extra Police Security.
    I was ridiculed by the local media.
    Even my after party was canceled!
    The landlord for the club came at them and actually had them shut down for that weekend.
    The city turned off their water.
    All my performers that played Rap music were NOT allowed to perform at either the Expo or the After Party Concert.
    Performers I had already paid for!
    The made the night club put an add in the local paper and posted on their door that they after party was canceled!
    The city not only fought about the dogs, but they won on the Rap music!
    They forced us to change our fliers that we had already ran for 2 months.
    They made the Expo Center take the word “Concert” off the name of the event.
    Racial comments, stereotypes, and a lot of other slander was said to me and my affiliates!
    They came at us from every angle they could!
    I literally spent over a month fighting!
    I spent every day away from my job and family!
    I kept this quiet from all of you because I felt the obligation to make this event go on.
    I lost over 15lbs from not eating or sleeping for over a month!
    I fought a battle like none I had ever seen!
    Then the night before the event, I lost Denile!
    My favorite dog passed from a blood clot in her lungs.
    You want to hear about a blow, that was the straw that broke this camels back.
    The night before I really thought I was having a heart attack.
    I even went as far as to go off in private and repent.
    So I know a lot of things might not have gone perfect!
    I know there were a lot of people that I didn’t get to talk to and thank. Tom Westfall for one.
    I know there were a lot of dogs I didn’t get to see.
    Two in particular that I had been dying to see in person.
    Heffe and Suge Night! I never got to see these two and I had been waiting to finally see them.
    I know some of the non profit booths didn’t get the exposure they should have.
    They didn’t have to pay to be there, but I had planned on getting them more exposure.
    I know there were a few Kennels that did not get the proper exposure.
    Cappo Kennels, didn’t get their sign for some reason.
    We apologize to you guys, if you need a refund, get at me.
    I know some performers did not get their chance to show off!
    Lumba, Dynamic Certified, The Northern Southerners
    We apologize for that.
    I had been engulfed in so much negativity and so much drama, I never had a chance to have fun.
    A show is a lot of work and anyone who does this, knows what I mean.
    I think this one had even way more work!
    In the end, the event cost close to $70,000.
    It made around $28,000.
    Yes it was a financial loss...
    But..
    After all the losses, fights, and negativity, there still was a success!
    The night before the Expo I missed Grumpy Edges after party.
    I was at the hotel getting ready to just throw in the towel and leave it up to the EE and Staff to finish the event.
    Then Marco Suarez pulled up and started unloading his dogs...
    I got to see the love he and his family had for their dogs and being at the event.
    Then other people started pulling in to the hotel. People who didn’t own these dogs were coming up and loving the dogs.
    People started coming around from all over the US and world...
    The hotel became crowded with OUR people!
    OUR people
    Fabien from Remyline
    Rich from WestCoast Gottiline
    UKC judges who missed the UKC Nationals to attend this event!
    You have no idea the LOVE and respect we saw in the parking lot that night.
    People from North and South California kicking it and just enjoying the dogs!
    This little town in VA became flooded with the dog people.
    Even Bulldog breeders and Shorty Bull breeders were there!
    You have no idea how beautiful it was to see this.
    Months of fighting and negativity
    Then in one night, so much love and respect for the breed, I forgot about everything bad that had happened!
    The hotel became like a big family reunion!

13. continued....

I thank every single person that came there, you all made it all worth while!!!!!!!!!!
    You all restored my faith!
    The event went on even after the bad press and restrictions!
    They still tried to shut us down at the door!
    They had a few picketers.
    They had their Animal Control at the door threatening to take any ones dogs who didn’t have their rabies certificates.
    They took pictures of the dogs and searched for scars!
    They sent in the DEA, Gang Task Force, Game Warden, Animal Control, and anyone else they could find.
    Guess what...
    After 2 hours, they all came up to me and apologized!
    The police were shopping at vendor booths, the Gang Task force said they had no reason to be there, the Animal Control fell in love with the dogs!
    The Expo Center owners and staff loved the event!
    The picketers went home.
    They even asked Paul Wall to go and perform!
    Even though I told him to leave his show CD in the room, he would need it.
    The press came and apologized to me and wrote a new positive article on the event!
    (Even though the part he claimed I said, was untrue. I never said anything to him, I just introduced him to the booths. So the parts he claimed I said, I never did! I had already wrote my rebuttal the day before.)
    Either way, I t was a two page article and 100% positive!
    The Night Club even snuck us in and we had a great after party to ourselves!
    Thanks to all who made it their.
    Especially Len from Lycan Bloodlines!!! Big dog, you hooked it up!
    Gloria Velez helped make it right too, all love to her for that!
    Since this event I have had calls from Hotels thanking me, a City Council rep thanking me, The Expo Center, and many form our community.
    Even after the financial loss, the drama, the negative publicity, the fights, and all the stress...
    Was it a success?
    Hell YES!
    We came together, we united, we came from all over, all races, all bloodlines!
    We overcame every fight against us, and we WON!
    We had fun!
    We respected each other and the breed.
    It ended up 100% POSITIVE!!!!!!!
    You tell me if that is not a success!
    No one has anything bad to say, and a lot of people against us and the breed have now changed!
    Believe me, it was worth it all to me now!
    We Represented our breed and changed public perception.
    I thank all of you who attended, you all made it a success, every last person!
    You have my love and respect!
    Anyone who has something negative to say...shut the hell up...your the problem
    Nothing is ever perfect, but if it is a success for the breed, that’s all the perfection we need!
    Keep the negativity out of our communities!
    I got nothing but love for you all,
    Thank you so much for the support
    Respect

14. I'm done explaining this BS​
    I have one thing to say​

Filing A False Statement Is A Double Edged Sword!!!!!!!​

Meaning this entire claim is completely false!​
    The news paper will post the corrected version of what was said.​

I'm done defending, now I will fight back​
    A petition anonymous or not, will still need a name behind it.​
    In a court of law, they will subpoena the people behind the claims. ​
    I have saved all the comments from the 20 some boards we have been watching.​
    We have saved the names of everyone signing this petition.​
    Legal actions will take place.​
    My name and my kennels name has been slandered.​
    False accusations have been made.​
    A false claim has been filed.​
    At this time, there is no need for me to defend anything, no comments by me were made that imply any of these accusations.​
    I stay true to my word.​
    Razors Edge stays true to it's purity.​
    Legal recorses will be taken against everyone slandering my name, my kennel name, and making these false statements.​
    This is how the real explantion of the show and American Bully was said. Nothing was ever said about the Razors Edge Bloodline. ​

On October 7<SUP>th</SUP> in Fredericksburg Virginia a show will be held called, The Bully Convention. This event is to promote public awareness of a breed called, The American Bully. ​

David Wilson owner and founder of Razors Edge explains what the American Bully is and how it came to be.

The American Bully was created 15 years ago. This breed is a combination of two breeds, The UKC registered American Pit Bull Terrier (conformation show lines), and the AKC registered American Staffordshire Terrier. The breed was created to be an impressive built dog with the purpose of companionship.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed created prior to the 1800’s. They were created by combining Bulldog types with certain Terrier types. The Bulldog was used for its loyalty, build, power, and strength. The Terrier was used for it’s drive, agility, and tenacity. By the 1800’s a breed was formed called The American Pit Bull Terrier. The American Staffordshire Terrier was a breed that spawned off the American Pit Bull Terrier. Its purpose was for conformation shows. This breed evolved into a bigger and mellower breed. The dog aggression had been bred out, and a new breed was created. The UKC registered American Pit Bull Terriers also followed in the American Staffordshire Terriers footsteps. The UKC registered American Pit Bull Terriers became conformation show dogs. The American Bully is a combination of both of these breeds. Breeders have been selectively breeding these dogs for over 15 years now. They bred for the bullier traits within the breed. (This by no means, means they mixed Bulldogs into the breed). What this means is that within the lineage they selectively chose dogs that had a bullier build and a more mellow demeanor. They didn’t want the tenacity of the Terrier lineage within the breed, nor the Terrier look within the breed. This created a bigger and mellower style of dog. These dogs have now taken on a different look and personality. Their purpose is to be the ultimate stable and loyal companions, and to be a physically and impressively built dog. The American Bully Kennel Club was established for this breed.

The Bully Convention on October 7<SUP>th</SUP> is for the promotion of this breed.

Dave Wilson and Razors Edge made no remarks to anything regarding the UKC registered Razors Edge bloodline.

This is the accurate explanation and statement​
    It is a shame the people in these breeds would pick apart a misquoted article to attack other people within this breed. They should have been glad that a successful event went down, and nothing but positive comments were made. Public perception was changed! Anyone who attended knows.​
    I am done defending myself for no reason.​
    We know the truth.​
    Razors Edge is 100% from American Pit Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier lineage.​
    That is the truth.​
    Let them speak on now and do what they do, I am ready to take legal recourses against anyone slandering my name and kennel name.​
    Thank you all for the support.​
    Please pass this on and fight to protect the truth.​
    Respect​

15. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Oh come off it. He made the statement, now he's trying to backtrack. He's probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, puppy peddler that ever lived. He encourages ruining a breed all to meet your latest fashion trend. He charges admission to events that are used by other bybs & peddlers to peddle pups/dogs (notice at the shows they still call them "pit bulls"!). All these events are are a "my penis is bigger than your penis" competition.

Not only do I NOT want his help (& really, he says he's giving money, but I want proof), but I will fight him tooth & nail.

Now, as a mod, I'm asking you politely to quit "yelling" & type your posts in a reasonable font size like everyone else. The only thing you accomplish by doing that is to have people skip over your posts completely.

EDIT: Upon having to fix those posts, I read some of that & [​IMG]. Now he's a victim & trying to make himself be a martyr.

16. simms

simms CH Dog

Say what you will Bluevalley......I dont have anything against you personaly. However, those dogs are not bred to standard ......period.

The standard of the APBT is that of the gamedog!

17. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Oh, & Bluevalley, try reading a little more ;)

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/102006/10062006/226864
    Come see our gentle 'bullies,' unfairly savaged by a currish editorial

October 6, 2006 12:50 am

AS PRESIDENT of Razors <LINE />Edge and one of the <LINE />founders of the American Bully, I am appalled by your Oct. 3 editorial "Bully for the bulls?" Your statements are not only offensive but inaccurate.

The "Back 2 the Bullies" convention to be held tomorrow at the Fredericksburg Expo Center is not for the "celebration of the pit bull" as you allege; it is for public awareness of the American Bully. This is a new breed created more than 15 years ago, and it is a separate breed from the "pit bull."

We blended different breeds together to obtain certain desired traits. The American pit bull terrier was one of the breeds whose lineage is in the background of this breed, but it is by no means the only breed behind it.

Even the part of the lineage that is American pit bull terrier stems from United Kennel Club-registered conformation show dogs! There is also an American Kennel Club-registered show breed in the lineage of this breed called the American Staffordshire terrier. Some breeders even included some bulldog lineage into their breeding. This breed has been established for over 10 years now.

The American Bully Kennel Club was created for the registry and promotion of this breed. These dogs have extremely mellow demeanors and were bred for the purpose of companionship. If you had researched the breed or the event, you might have learned more about what you were falsely commenting on.

We have been hosting these shows for more than four years now and have a great track record with major cities all over the United States. These events have all been a success, and people continue to request them in their areas. We have people flying in from all over the United States, and even confirmed guests from Japan, Italy, and the Philippines.

These events have been amazing for bringing all types of people together from all over the world--all races and all genders. The amount of public support has been overwhelming. For this area, the event is also helping the local economy. Three major hotels in this area are sold out, not to mention all the restaurants and pet stores that stand to gain business. Major pet stores, pet-feed companies, rescues, animal shelters, attorneys, and other organizations and individuals are backing and sponsoring this event.

To talk about this event in the context of young girls murdered by a serial killer is sick. How do you think the families of those children feel seeing that incident brought back up and being used in association with a dog show?

Then to talk about a sanctioned dog show in connection with a mauling by a pack of dogs running at large? The dogs that mauled Dorothy Sullivan weren't even pure pit bulls. But whatever breed they were, the tragedy has no correlation with this show. The poor woman who was mauled deserves more respect than to be brought into a commentary about a dog show. This entire editorial was plain sick.

At our event, the local animal control office maintains a booth with a donations box set up for its shelter. Also with booths are dog-rescue organizations that inform the public about all the dogs being put to sleep in shelters. Also at show we have a task force that seeks to bring to justice illegal dog fighters. We have a lady who runs programs in the low-income areas of major cities, and who helps underprivileged children through working with dogs.

We have five nonprofit organizations manning booths. As people from all over the world come to our event, we even have the local police department working there to ensure the safety of all patrons and participants.

At our event, nothing illegal is being promoted, permitted, or advertised. We have done no wrong at all. Our event simply seeks to certain promote a breed in a positive way.

Your editorial misinformed the public about the nature of "Back 2 the Bullies" and the breed it highlights.

DAVE WILSON of Spotsylvania County is president of Razor's Edge, the main company sponsoring tomorrow's Back 2 the Bullies convention.

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

And you can't fight this one, because ALL those "bullies" he is talking about are currently registered as APBTs, sooooooo......... 1+1=2.

19. Sorry for the bold.....I just copied it & pasted....

I dont have any RE dogs, I did do a breeding to a 25% RE dog & unfortunately only had 2 pups & 1 went to the owner of the stud....But I just wanted everyone to see the actual article that supposed to have claimed he said he mixed his dogs.....It does not say that....I do think he is trying to put a postive view out there of his dogs & i think that is great! I do not own any "bully" dogs at all.......My newest puppy was only 6 lbs at 9 wks old......So I dont care for his large dogs at all, but he does seem to be trying to fight BSL & I do commend him on that!

20. Thanks for posting that article....I wondered where the mixing info came from.....lol....I had not seen that one....

Who knows if it is true or if the media messed w/ it....they do that alot.....especialy w/ pitbulls or claimed pitbull attacks....