1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lonzo pratt bred dogs info

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BDK, Sep 19, 2004.

1. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I saw one off mad Maude/z-Bo breeding quit and one off z-Bo/snooty g quit. They were very poor dogs. JMO

2. zeboray

zeboray Pup

my boy hc in texas got real good lonzo pure and lonzo crosses on his yard.if you looking working lonzo blood he,s a good source.

3. simpson

simpson Big Dog

I read in the gazette where Mr. Pratt said he's had no luck training his dogs for the public or something along those lines. I'll go out on a limb and say be ready for a hard-headed animal if you end up w/pure Lonzo. No dis-respect to the man himself if I mis-understood his comments......Have a safe trip!

4. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

They are not hard headed, but they are very dominant. Not gonna bite you or anything but they tend to challenge you pretty often. JMO

5. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

Sounds like a fair amount of bad reviews and also good. From those that have good things to say they sound like dec bulldogs. Seems to me with all lines you will get good and bad dogs just depends where you get em from?

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

7. lansford101

lansford101 Banned

8. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I here maniac has been having good results with his lonzo/frisco crosses, go for it and see how she turns out. Nice looking pup.

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I don't know anything about this line of dogs, but everything I have heard about that JB bone yard or what the fuck ever has been nothing but bullshit dogs.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have had Lonzo crosses for almost 10 years now & I love them! I have found mine to be everything I want in a bulldog.

I will say however, they are not for the casual fancier. Unlike other lines of dogs who are laid back & chill until it's time to hunt, Lonzo dogs can be high strung, needy, demanding one person dogs. They also can have round the clock high DA - so much so they will destroy things to get to another dog. And if they get to the other dog they don't want to get to them to have a little scrap, they'll want to kill. And even if the Lonzo dog is nothing more than a rough cur, most (not all, but most) Lonzo dogs have average to above average grips, so damage or death can result even from a yard accident. So these dogs must be kept with the utmost care. of course not all of them are like this. Some are cold as ice. But because of the damage they can inflict if riled these are not dog park dogs or a dog that you can have a "oops, the kids let the dog out" moment with.

If you want a working dog you generally have to wait for a Lonzo dog to fully mature. They mature physically at the regular rate (if not faster) than most lines, but mature mentally more slowly. Think of the 6'5 250 lb linebacker who is only 18. He looks like a man but still thinks like a boy. While some other lines may be ready to hit the woods at 18 months, a Lonzo dog might not be ready for a real hog hunt until the age of 3. In this "instant gradification" world a lot of people do not care for this trait, but I can assure you that IMO it is worth the wait.

Of course you will have to get them from a good source. Just like anything if you buy from a paper breeder or someone breeding for looks you'll likely get a dog that will disappoint. But that's with any line. While on the subject of looks I would say steer clear from the dogs that are short, stocky & big headed. These dogs can make good pets, but they are not usually good working canidates & certainly are not worthy of being bred unless they've accomplished a working title. If you are looking for a working dog, you want one with the phenotype of Zebo & Vindicator - i.e. strong heads, long legs, longer body, etc. Not one that looks like an SBT!

When bred right these dogs can be nice working animals who produce the same, but they are usually best served with an out somewhere. Most of the best Lonzo dogs past & present had an out to other bloodline(s) somewhere. If bred too tight you can get duds. So buyer beware. That 20x Danger dog might be a 20x dud!

Like anything there are haters of this bloodline but as a person who has had hands on experience with it & have known others who have owned & liked these dogs, I think if a Lonzo dog that is selected from the right stock in the hands of the right breeder one could be very pleased with their selection.

O well. I think this covers it in a nutshell. lol.

Blessings ...

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Forgot to add, here are just a few of some of mine for SNG. Click pics for ped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
  12. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

i have had lonzo crosses fer a few years around 11 years i still have it and am proud of what my line has became threw the lonzo-frisco-rb blood we all know that have the line that most these dogs lack bottem end but are usally strait foward dogs that being said i went threw my fair share these dogs and what i have now is crossed but has also been breed for more bottem end and more all around dogs and hope fully i will keep imroving and producing dogs that are true to the breed

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I know Mr. Weaver had much success with a straight up Lonzo/Colby cross. I have also heard Lonzo/Jeep works as well. I have been working with Lonzo/Maverick/Toby. My best cross thus far has been 3/4ths Lonzo to 1/4th Mav/Toby. I know there are other Lonzo crosses working out there as well.

Blessings ...

14. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

yeah abk i have always liked the way you have bred your dogs lonzo stuff seems to cross nice with all types of blood the key is proper breeding standards and program goals achieved :)

15. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

i really like this bloodline abaut the physical look of the dogs and bones structure.
    maybe like work line my opinion is average.
    from what i know on the modern times don't exist a work selection of near 1/2/3/4/5 generations on this blood.

16. fblb

fblb Top Dog

No your opinion is below average as it is spoken with absolutely no experience. You can't rate an entire line on a few or in this case what you have heard. I am not a fancier of this blood, but I am also willing to bet you have never seen a good one...there are good, and bad as with any family of game bred dogs.

17. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

let me know the good ones from this family blood on these current times on pro competition.thank you

18. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

just cause u dont see wins posted on peds and shyt like that doesnt mean these dogs arent working i know a few that have dedicated there time to im proving this line threw crosses and strict breeding ethics those who know know those who dont dont i guess better that way

19. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

i don't talk abaut pedegree.I talk abaut dogs.If you know dogs from this family blood who has notable achievements let me know.I'm just curious,
    :dogtongue:

20. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Hmmmm..... There are quite a few with noteable achievements in today's game, but to post them on a public forum wouldn't be appropriate. JMO