1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

LOL what would you do?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by wiseguy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I been into the dogs for awhile I used the name wiseguy kennels. I didn't breed many dogs the few litters I had I usually placed them with good friends. Occasionally I would put up a website with one of the free services availible. Around 2003 or 2004 I got away from the dogs because of not having the time and personal reasons. I eventually plan on getting back into the dogs in about a year. I did a search of my kennel name / handle and found someone that breeds blue bullies is using the name wiseguy kennels. When I did a archive search I used the name of a old web page I used back in 1998. This other site started its web page in 2004. I am not talking about who has any legal right to the name but when I get back into the dogs should I continue to use the name I always used or should I use a new one. One side of me feels I always used it and should continue to use it but the other says use a different name so you will not be associated with anyone that breeds blue bullies. I am not saying the other person doesn't have the right to use it I am just wondering if I should continue.

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, it depends. If the other fella has the kennel name trade marked, and you kept using it, you could be liable.(liable to have to give them some money). Check you registry and see if that kennel name is registered with them. If you did not trade mark it, you might as well use another.

3. Gameboy864

Gameboy864 Guest

I understand your situation. I know you want to use that name over again, but who wants to be associated w/bullie if your running gamedogs? Since you jumped out of it, and are about to re-enter, I know you have grown some. Probably matured and became even more knowledgable now, then you were. So how about this? (you don't owe me dime either if u like it) " Introducing........(drum roll please...............)...... WISE MAN KENNELS. It feels more welcoming as opposed to wiseguy where one may feel they are going to be taken advantage of. Just a thought. Good luck w/a name tho'.