1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Local Headlines Today

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Blaizen, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

2. You know the sad part about this is...it is the people that do this shit to their dogs, thats leaves everyone with a bad taste in their mouth....

Dont get me wrong..PLEASE......
    But I am sorry, I would a little weary of an APBT that had a chain wrapped around his/her neck.....reason being, you dont know how the dog was treated....even though it is not in their nature to be HA......ANY dog can be that way if not treated properly...abuse is a sure fire way to do it too....

I know this can be any dog, I understand that....but how other breeds do you find with thick chains tied around their necks? I have never seen one!

For this article, I thank all of idiots out there, that abuse thier dogs, and leave tied with towing chains around their neck...even though some may turn out to be ok, you dont know which ones aren't, because of the way they were treated.....
    Wow..it is hard to say that, but it is also hard to be mad at someone for thinking that, when I would/have feel/felt the same way in that particcular situation.....

3. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

Thank you FK - I'm just as angry as you are. I don't agree with the big old chains either, and it pisses me off that these ignorant few give us all such a bad rep. Poor dogs are paying the price for the owners being stupid.

4. I am glad you understood whay I was trying to say about it...I am sure someone will read it and get the wrong idea though......I know the media is at fault.....but so are the ignorant fools that do this shit to start it.....

Like fuel on a fire....

5. Michele

Michele Guest

Fearlessknight: I agree with you too.....

6. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

I understood completely. You just said it better than I could! I didn't post this link to glorify the idiots, just to say that "Hey - I live in a small town. I never thought it would get this bad here." How many of you out there are going to say the same thing about your hometown very soon? I always preach responsible ownership. You have to know the breed and their history before you own one of these dogs. With responsible ownership, they are the GREATEST dogs on the face of the earth! :)

7. You are right about that, and unfortunately it will not be long...I hate to say and see it, but it wont.....too many idiots outs there and not enough good to outdo the bad.....
    They are the greatest dogs ever......too bad more people didnt know it!

Thanks Michele!

8. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

It makes me sad to think that these poor dogs have no clue they are hated so much by ignorant people. All these dogs want to do is please every human on this earth and if given the chance they would all make great pets and live out their lives in comfort, instead ignorant ass people want to judge the book by its cover and put good dogs to sleep

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

"“We can’t guarantee the temperament of any of these dogs,” said county spokeswoman Valerie Lovett." -They can't GUARANTEE the temperament of any breed they adopt out....

"When a pit bull terrier arrives at the Bay County Animal Shelter with a thick, heavy chain around its neck, there’s little doubt it’s a fighter." --Or just someone trying to make their dog look "tougher"...

"Messer described a hidden area behind a fence in which dogs were taught the skills needed to compete on the fight circuit." --They had to be taught the skills. Wow, that's interesting. What the heck?...

"“The rest of it’s been amateur, wannabe type things,” he said."-- All of it sounds like amateur wannabe, know nothing people...

"But many of the abandoned pit bulls that end up at her shelter show signs of fighting, Bibbs said."--Signs of fighting in the pit or just common street dog fights for food and such?...

"“We get attached to them; we take care of them,” she said. “Even the mean one; I go in there and hug up on him too." --If he is so mean, how does she go and hug up on him? Is he human aggressive "mean" or animal aggressive "mean"?

10. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

I've had a lot of these same questions going through my head today after reading this article. Like hugging the "mean" one every day. ??? He can't be mean if he enjoys getting hugs everyday.

I'm so angry that this shelter isn't giving any APBT (or anything that resembles an APBT) a chance - it will be euthanized when brought in. I believe the negative publicity from the Vick case and others like it shines a dark light on our breed and contributes to the reason for this death sentence.

Thanks for your input, cool hand jean - we should all say a prayer tonight for our breed and their owners. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  11. Suki

Suki Guest

"When a pit bull terrier arrives at the Bay County Animal Shelter with a thick, heavy chain around its neck, there’s little doubt it’s a fighter.
    “It’s an indicator they’re stretching the neck muscles,” said Mark Bowen, chief of emergency operations for the county". ​
    meer assumptions...:mad: ​
    and yes, sadly, yet again the APBT gets put into "the category of being a fighter" whether he/she is or not, simply based on what it has wrapped around its neck, and will eventually be PTS... ;)
    always the animals who will suffer, and then us as owners due to the ripple effect. sux!​
    never fails to fuel my personal fire tho, to wanna keep defending/saving them...​